Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

SLI 10.26.14

Took two of the kids out for some mack attack sunday afternoon. They have been scattered around in the 30-50' zone last week or so feeding on pods of glass minnows under packs of birds. Fun on some ultralight spinners for the groms! Captain Pogo in the mix too. Beats video games any day of the week!
null_zps3e0d4082.jpg
null_zps2d921379.jpg
null_zpsf938e0a8.jpg
null_zpsd59a577a.jpg
null_zps7a5b4cd8.jpg
Captain James Jolly

RYlyzXj.jpg

Maribella Charters, LLC
www.MaribellaCharters.com
ph: 772.222.7101
[email protected]

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,804 Moderator
    Looks like fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,516 Captain
    Nice report. I've been anxious to try a visit over to your area but am a little leery of using my small west coast boat in your east coast swells. It would handle the conditions in your pictures with no problem. Good luck.
  • bob733bob733 Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Go here http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/stuart_beach This is a great website showing marine conditions. I have it for the Stuart, Fl area, but you can plug in what ever area you want. I am not a boat guy, but I understand the Inlets around here can be fairly tricky. And if you want Spanish Mackerel, make sure you go to Pecks Lake (actually the ocean side, not the waterway side). It is renown for holding millions of mackerel every winter. I actually posted another thread in this forum asking if they had arrived yet.
    Enjoy the East Coast...we have a lot to offer (and with any luck this year, no hurricanes ha ha ).
    Bob
  • Jupiter Double D'sJupiter Double D's Posts: 609 Officer
    Great smiles on the kids faces. Can't beat that. Nice job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Double D's crew proudly uses Canyon Gear tackle
  • MaribellaMaribella Posts: 508 Officer
    joekat46 wrote: »
    Nice report. I've been anxious to try a visit over to your area but am a little leery of using my small west coast boat in your east coast swells. It would handle the conditions in your pictures with no problem. Good luck.

In all honesty, the swells are much easier to navigate in with a small boat. It's the chop and short period windswells that will give you the hardest time. I fished today as well offshore and it was only 3 feet but at 3 second period so waves on top of waves. I was the only center console out there amongst several sport fishers. Would have been real sketchy in a small boat today out there even near the beach.

I worked at the national weather service office in West Palm when I was in college and have a degree in Oceanography so have been following the ocean forecasts for almost 25 years. You are welcome to message me anytime you are pondering a trip over and I can give you local intel. Good luck.
    Captain James Jolly

RYlyzXj.jpg

Maribella Charters, LLC
    www.MaribellaCharters.com
    ph: 772.222.7101
    [email protected]
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Awesome, kids catching fish!
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,516 Captain
    Thanks "Maribella". Will do at some point.