Fishing Crystal River Tomorrow the 28th

I have only fished Crystal River once, about a month ago. When I did I fished north of the channel and south of the power plant. Where this the best place to catch trout and redfish? I have a flats type boat.

Thanks

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,938 Moderator
    Trout seem to be on the outer bars on the moving tides with the reds in closer to the river mouth from what I'm seeing in the reports.
    That is a standard pattern for this time of year with the water cooling.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • century2300century2300 ClermontPosts: 42 Greenhorn
    Thanks Capt Louie.
    No prob. Let us know how you do.
  • century2300century2300 ClermontPosts: 42 Greenhorn
    Went out yesterday. Fished north of the channel in the morning. No trout, no redfish. Around noon, when the tide started coming in, switched to south of the channel and drifted. Caught twelve trout; one 19", four between 14" and 15"' and the others less than 14". Also, got into a school of Jacks chasing bait. Stopped fishing about 2:30, loaded the boat and headed back to Clermont.
    Went out yesterday. Fished north of the channel in the morning. No trout, no redfish. Around noon, when the tide started coming in, switched to south of the channel and drifted. Caught twelve trout; one 19", four between 14" and 15"' and the others less than 14". Also, got into a school of Jacks chasing bait. Stopped fishing about 2:30, loaded the boat and headed back to Clermont.

Sounds like a decent day for only a second outing.