Withlacoochee Big Reds and a Slam Saturday 10/25

cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
We knew low tide was going to be looooow this morning so we waited around until 10:30 before going out. Well when we go to Hwy 40 ramp the tide was still going out. We checked to see if there was enough water to launch the boat!

We headed out to Levy Reefs to wait for water and our hunt for reds. It was pretty slow out there and this was the first stop this season that didn't produce a cobia. I got a couple of real nice sea bass and we hung two nice grouper only to have them shave off our leaders on the concrete. Ugh! Noticed the water was coming in fast now around 1:30 so we ran back to Porpoise Point for our reds.

The reds were home. Using cut mullet and shrimp (we never had the chance to throw a plug) we limited out with a 20, a 21, and two tournament winners at 26.85" each! Played with the trout for a while and headed in. Nice weather and great fishing.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,887 Moderator
    That works ! Bummer the grouper rocked Ya.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,950 Captain
    Nice reds! Tides have been a little crazy, even out aways. Cobias were down south.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,820 Captain
    Demz some beautiful fishy'z you caught Boyz!!!! Well done indeed! Was the wind blowing or did it finally take a break??
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Nicely done guys...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    Ruff One wrote: »
    Nice reds! Tides have been a little crazy, even out aways. Cobias were down south.

Yeah.....I think we got the last one not to leave town last trip.....see 'em next year! :grin
    capt louie wrote: »
    That works ! Bummer the grouper rocked Ya.

You have about two seconds!! :banghead
    Demz some beautiful fishy'z you caught Boyz!!!! Well done indeed! Was the wind blowing or did it finally take a break??

It was blowin' about 12-15mph.....sheesh
    Redbonz wrote: »
    Nicely done guys...

Thank you kind sir!
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,950 Captain
    Man, I love that grouper pic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ruff One wrote: »
    Man, I love that grouper pic!

Yes sir! It makes you want to pull your hair out trying to get them to eat!! :banghead