Late report CK 10-25

My buddy (who lives in Tennessee now but won't claim it) showed up for the weekend, he keeps his dad's old boat at CK marina, because, quote,"there is nothing worth fishing for in Tennessee" so we hoped the weather would be nice enough to get out to the reef, because we share an affinity for Spanish.

Well it was an absolutely beautiful day, for once the weatherman overestimated the wind, and we cruised out to the joyous sight of bait schools everywhere being harassed from above and below. MUCH better than a few months ago when we saw dead fish for miles.

Deployed the usual floreo jigs and I ran a #2 Clarkspoon waaaay back down the middle.

Action soon followed, for about two hours they were on fire, many doubles and even a couple triples, which are interesting with two people aboard. Ladyfish in the mix too, which is what was mostly making the shows on the surface. They kinda shut down when the tide got high, and my buddy had family obligations, so we packed it in.

The only strange thing was the size. These were not the usual 20"+ fall fish, they looked more like spring run fish.

But we still came home with about 20 between 15-18", and threw back quite a few that were legal but not up to par. After the bout of red tide, I am not complaining at all.

I actually have pics on my phone this time but have no idea how to get them on here, and everyone knows what a box full of Spanish looks like.

Replies

• Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,882 Captain
    Funny, I had an uncle who lived in Tenn. and he was the same way. No way he would tell anyone where he was from. The macks have been tearing the water up along with the bluefish. Nice job on tearing them up!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,681 Moderator
    Wow , a tankard report ! Well i'll be .. :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
    Nice Tankard.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »
    Wow , a tankard report ! Well i'll be .. :cool:

It sure don't happen much since Haid got rid of his boat...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,607 Admiral
    Hey I'm a pro boat **** with plenty of rides, but the efffing red tide killed grouper fishing most of the year.

And Haid is a motocross junkie now. They are a strange bunch. He fits right in.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    tankard wrote: »

I actually have pics on my phone this time but have no idea how to get them on here, and everyone knows what a box full of Spanish looks like.

I find I have to email the pics to my email addy, then I can copy to the hard drive and upload them as normal. Of course gotta have a pc/mac.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield