New Yellowfin 26' Hybrid

BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 436 Deckhand
New Yellowfin 26' Hybrid hit the water on her first sea trial yesterday. Low 60's with first set of props and 3mpg at 4000 rpm. Boat will be in next weeks Ft. Lauderdale Intl. boat show in the Yellowfin booth at convention center.

26final_zps29a05667.jpg

Replies

• dorian kennedydorian kennedy Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Nice looking boat, but "hybrid"? Doesn't look to be a hybrid of anything, especially not of a bayboat, it looks to be pure offshore to me....
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,114 Officer
    I agree, I was hoping to see a version of the Everglades 243 but at a lower price.
    Nice looking boat, but "hybrid"? Doesn't look to be a hybrid of anything, especially not of a bayboat, it looks to be pure offshore to me....
  • gumgatorgumgator Posts: 124 Officer
    Barrell wrote: »
    I agree, I was hoping to see a version of the Everglades 243 but at a lower price.

I was hoping for a Gause/Shaeffer type hybrid. I too consider this an offshore boat, especially on the west coast of Florida. Sea vee has 27' bay boat coming out (27z), and Kevin Barker has a 25.5' bay boat coming out.
    a733be5f-c7db-41a8-912c-98a88c9a32ca.jpg
  • GotTarponGotTarpon Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Very Disappointing. Agree with all above statements. wasted effort IMO
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,054 Officer
    BCSAILS wrote: »
    New Yellowfin 26' Hybrid hit the water on her first sea trial yesterday. Low 60's with first set of props and 3mpg at 4000 rpm. Boat will be in next weeks Ft. Lauderdale Intl. boat show in the Yellowfin booth at convention center.

26final_zps29a05667.jpg

Please be a little more specific as to Hybrid. Is it designed to have lower freeboard, less deadrise, run on gas/electric. With twin outboards on the back I can't see it in 14" of water in some back bay. Or is it a hybrid of a small center console that you can take offshore on good days?

Come on Man...All I see in the photo is a center console. What are you trying to sell shampoo for bald guys??
  • minowjoeminowjoe Posts: 717 Officer
    gumgator wrote: »
    I was hoping for a Gause/Shaeffer type hybrid. I too consider this an offshore boat, especially on the west coast of Florida. Sea vee has 27' bay boat coming out (27z), and Kevin Barker has a 25.5' bay boat coming out.

Interested in seeing the Seavee
  • BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 436 Deckhand
    Wow, tough crowd? I was just posting the update of a new product being released by YF at the show for people who might be looking for a boat in this size/price range. I'm sure tons more info will be avail. at the show. I have yet to personally walk or sea trial her as this is hull number one. IMO...I think the "Hybrid" branding comes from the fact the boat can get into 18" in the bays, yet also, make a run to Bimini or into the deep gulf or even pretty far offshore the eastern states in fair weather? A true "all-around" CC, thus "Hybrid". I can fish Florida bay one day and run the Gulfstream the next. A true deep v, 24.5 deg. etc usually needs 20-24" to float in and a 14-18 deg. hull can pound you in the rough stuff. So this 20 deg. hull is "in-the middle" on design to try and do "many things well". Plus you can order as a twins for long runs/safety or a single for a nearshore/inshore setup based on your where you live and boat? Not everyone can own a flats/bay and a large CC. So this model targets guys wishing to get close to one do-all boat...again, IMO. The YF crew can explain their point of view in the booth.....
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,054 Officer
    BCSAILS wrote: »
    Wow, tough crowd? I was just posting the update of a new product being released by YF at the show for people who might be looking for a boat in this size/price range. I'm sure tons more info will be avail. at the show. I have yet to personally walk or sea trial her as this is hull number one. IMO...I think the "Hybrid" branding comes from the fact the boat can get into 18" in the bays, yet also, make a run to Bimini or into the deep gulf or even pretty far offshore the eastern states in fair weather? A true "all-around" CC, thus "Hybrid". I can fish Florida bay one day and run the Gulfstream the next. A true deep v, 24.5 deg. etc usually needs 20-24" to float in and a 14-18 deg. hull can pound you in the rough stuff. So this 20 deg. hull is "in-the middle" on design to try and do "many things well". Plus you can order as a twins for long runs/safety or a single for a nearshore/inshore setup based on your where you live and boat? Not everyone can own a flats/bay and a large CC. So this model targets guys wishing to get close to one do-all boat...again, IMO. The YF crew can explain their point of view in the booth.....

Now your talking, this is what you needed to put up there. Good Luck!
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 248 Deckhand
    that's a miss
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90
  • BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 436 Deckhand
    In stock now in Ft. Lauderdale....PM me for details if you like...Thanks!
    DSCN0142_zps718c9291.jpg