Anyone using a Bubba Blade knife?

2»

Replies

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,193 AG
    Looked and looked at the Lauderdale Boat Show and never saw one......... or any fillet knives for that matter except for the Cutco display.

Capt Harry's huge new store in Miami has them and since I've never been there and will be needing some tackle before my next Yuri trip in 4 weeks, I see a trip coming to Capt Harry's.........
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    Hey Gary Capt. Harrys is a nice store
    not as big as you would think for as
    big as the building is.I did the stucco
    and lap siding on it.
    It should be a LOT easier to get to than his old store!

I just got a new credit card and if I put $500 on it in 90 days, they will give me $200 credit. Imagine that! Right before the Holidays and a big fishing trip!

PS: My ceiling is still looking great on the patio! 2.5+ years. Thanks again!
  • jt5691jt5691 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Gary,

Bass Pro has all of them. Just was there yesterday The 7" filet is $49.99. They also have the 9" tapered flex, 9" and 12" flexible fillet and a 9" and 12" stiffie fillet. These are $54.99 each.
    9 inch tapered and non tapered

12 inch flex

7 inch flex
  • Snappersniper1Snappersniper1 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Yes

Check out Bass Pro Shops
  • Yankee CaptsYankee Capts Posts: 934 Officer
    Check out Bass Pro Shops

Never been in one. I don't leave Key West much. Maybe once every 6 months.
  • FlagtailsFlagtails Posts: 577 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    It should be a LOT easier to get to than his old store!

I just got a new credit card and if I put $500 on it in 90 days, they will give me $200 credit. Imagine that! Right before the Holidays and a big fishing trip!

PS: My ceiling is still looking great on the patio! 2.5+ years. Thanks again!

What card was that? I want one also.

Juan
    jt5691 wrote: »
    Bass Pro has all of them

We'll be visiting Worldwide Sportsman (Bass Pro) in Islamorada next week for some supplies and I'll look at them then.

Flagtails, it's a BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa card and I'll get a 'one-time $200 Cash Reward Bonus'.
  • Lu 1967Lu 1967 Posts: 304 Deckhand
    Hey Gary just read a previous post of yours concerning a sharpening system.
    You have to check out Fred Rowes ERU sharpening system.As a hobby knife maker
    Iv'e been totally impressed. One of the easiest,fastest ways to get an extremely
    sharp edge. Micro bevels are just plain fun.Iv'e sharpened everything from the
    hard CPM steels to the softer razor blade steels, all no problem. No risk of scratching
    the sides of the blade is also a big plus. After 4 months the carbide inserts show zero wear. (youtube Fred Rowe ERU)
    We'll be visiting Worldwide Sportsman (Bass Pro) in Islamorada next week for some supplies and I'll look at them then.

Was at WWSportsman in Islamorada and took a good look at them. The 9" 'stiffie' looked like a small machete so I got the 9" flex. Picked up a nice "Arkansas" sharpening stone to go with it. Came with a sheath too.

Sure wish that I could hear him laugh when he opens it and sees the name! He's always sending me American redneck jokes, etc so he'll really get a kick out of it! Hopefully he'll let me use it the next time I'm down there and we go fishing.

Thanks for everyone's input here!
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    Japanese MAC pro special are a great buy. They can be sharpen to 10 degrees and still hold an edge.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Look out for that Japanese stainless, it is not! My Pro Mac Chefs knife came out of the dishwasher with rust spots. I cannot imagine how salt will effect it!!!
    pinfisher wrote: »
    Japanese MAC pro special are a great buy. They can be sharpen to 10 degrees and still hold an edge.
    Many people think that Stainless Steel = Rustproof but it doesn't. There are various grades of stainless. After cleaning fish, I thoroughly wash the knives and dry them right away. I also never put them back in their sheaths until they are fully dry.
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    Many people think that Stainless Steel = Rustproof but it doesn't. There are various grades of stainless. After cleaning fish, I thoroughly wash the knives and dry them right away. I also never put them back in their sheaths until they are fully dry.
    I'd wash my dog in a dishwasher before I would a good knife.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    ^^^X2 except cat. {:-)
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
    Just got this in from my bro-in-law Ian down in New Zealand! He lives in a tiny, tiny village of Cornwallis which is west of Auckland and he fishes out west in the Tasman Sea. He has to cross a very serious (and sometimes deadly) sandbar area that they call "the bar". Many days, it's too rough to get past it to get out fishing.

So here's his response and keep in mind that he's about to take delivery of a new boat. Thanks again for all your input and comments!

"OH WOW!!!!! A BUBBA BLADE!!!! I feel absolutely certain I will have the only Bubba knife in Cornwallis!! My neighbour Alex just went on a filleting course so he could be more helpful and splashed out on every bloody knife you could imagine.......he's still useless though. But none of his stainless blades hold an edge worth a **** so it is interesting to note Bubba is getting a Rockwell of 58 from a stainless blade! Probably some sort of proprietry high carbon. I don't usually use genuine Akansas white sharpening stones as they are too soft and expensive here so will save yours for the fancy kitchen knives.

Anyway thank you for such a thoughtful gift and it coincides with me welding up a bait table for the new boat so I will send a Review next time over the bar on how it performed.

Cheers

Ian