Stingwray 10-09-14 with current closure of almost every Federal Reef fish so.......

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 747 Officer
lets go river fishing. During this time of year reports slow way down, so i am going to post our river trip from yesterday. My real passion for fishing is in the offshore waters. I also do a lot of freshwater fishing creeks,rivers and lakes. On this trip got a late start leaving dock at 3pm. We fished shallow water throwing crank baits and jigs.

Sunset riding back to dock
IMG_2424_zpsa090e8b6.jpg

Had to make one more stop and drop before hitting dock
IMG_2404_zps1106313e.jpg

Some of the afternoon catch
IMG_2405_zps79ffd1f0.jpg

Loaded in the 120qt cooler
IMG_2409_zps5648c1b6.jpg

Next morning at my cleaning table with some the days catch
IMG_2416_zps9974a981.jpg

Catch em gone fishin
Sting aka Capt. Ron

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,150 Admiral
    **** man take a 120qt cooler to the river to fill!

You 're on my SUCK list!
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    I would trade every saltwater fish for a mess of crappie any day.......I mean fillets for fillets. Congrats!
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Nice!

I'll be fishing somewhere this weekend. One last trip before deer season. Trying to decide if I want to bust my ****.getting boat ready for long run to scamp grounds, or if I want to hook up a little aluminum boat to the Honda and go set some lines for catfish and do some beetle spinning for bream. The latter sounds a whole lot more relaxing, but I'mnot particularly good at it.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 747 Officer
    Split Shot wrote: »
    **** man take a 120qt cooler to the river to fill!

It's always a fun trip on my fishing vessel the.....
    IMG_2380_zps30bc21d2.jpg

It's always a challenge and fun to try fill a cooler that's about the same as the beam of the boat.
    IMG_2428_zps6b233964.jpg
    Red Fish wrote: »
    I would trade every saltwater fish for a mess of crappie any day.......I mean fillets for fillets. Congrats!
    Called off trip today, but with cold front passing thru the Crappie should be chewin the hooks off tomorrow. Already got my sign in garage to let my wife when i will be home tomorrow.
    IMG_2436_zpsa99d690f.jpg
    Nice!Trying to decide if I want to bust my ****.getting boat ready for long run to scamp grounds, or if I want to hook up a little aluminum boat to the Honda and go set some lines for catfish and do some beetle spinning for bream. The latter sounds a whole lot more relaxing, but I'mnot particularly good at it.

Had a friend see my trip pic and said that's probably more fish then you could have kept with only two on board for a day off shore fishing. After thinking about it he might be right. SAD
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,170 Officer
    You've got two of my all time favorite fish in your photos.......l love bass fishing & go every weekend I can and I love eating fried crappie (nothing any better than fried crappie fillets, IMO).

Looks like y'all had a great afternoon of freshwater fishing!

Livin' the Dream !
    LilOrange wrote: »
    You've got two of my all time favorite fish in your photos.......l love bass fishing & go every weekend I can and I love eating fried crappie (nothing any better than fried crappie fillets, IMO).

Looks like y'all had a great afternoon of freshwater fishing!

In my younger years i fished this river a lot and was pretty darn good on it. Just seems like i don't fish that area of the river much anymore. Here is the first drop of fish in the grease for Saturday nights dinner after the Dawgs win, fresh fried Crappie and Largemouth bass.

IMG_2440_zpsef8ba26e.jpg

Boat loaded up ready to go....
    GONE FISHIN
    Had a friend that had some motor issues on his vessel, i agreed to help him out. Well it didn't give me much time to fish today but ended up with a few fish.

IMG_2426_zps81acd26a.jpg
    Fished a few hours late yesterday afternoon on river. Well due to poor angling skills on part; too many fish lost boat side and a few under size fish ended up a little short on this trip. Overall a hand full of fish and dinner for Saturday night.
    IMG_2453_zps33513cdd.jpg

A nice sunset and ride back to the dock. Another great couple of hours on the water and a few fish as a bonus.
    IMG_2456_zps99d98ab0.jpg

Catch em up
    Here is a 2 minute video i took on same river fishing for Shoal Bass a few months ago.

[video=youtube_share;LUhM8ItH27w]
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,733 Captain
    You're killin' me!! We had a week's timeshare in Ft. Walton last week, so I drug the skiff down to try to learn how to fish the bay. As luck would have it, the steering was locked up from lack of use. The only person happy about this was the wife, as now she had a shopping partner for the week :willynilly
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Klinger wrote: »
    You're killin' me!! We had a week's timeshare in Ft. Walton last week, so I drug the skiff down to try to learn how to fish the bay. As luck would have it, the steering was locked up from lack of use. The only person happy about this was the wife, as now she had a shopping partner for the week :willynilly

Hey, buddy... You're phone broken?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Klinger wrote: »

Had a good little run on my local waters. It is always a bad deal when you are a long way from home and things go south on you. Tonights dinner a few fresh fish, crab legs and crab cake.

IMG_2471_zps3778f1d7.jpg

btw: My wife wants a East Coast trip, her only request is that on this trip she doesn't want to look in mirror and see a boat chasing us. I give up she wins.:grin she did forget my nephew has a boat there and the wahoo are chewin
    You'll catch em up
    Sting aka Capt. Ron
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,150 Admiral
    That some purty water! :fishing