Home Politics

Jesus Debunked

Replies

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    Eating bodies, drinking blood... living forever.

Actually there is proof Dracula lived.
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Does EAD mean anything to you...:blowkiss

So what does EAD mean?
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,353 Admiral
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    You seriously didn't just say that...... Facts.... you need facts and not just something you were told?

:Spittingcoffee

Yes, fibber offers no facts to back his mantra.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,962 Captain
    Eating bodies, drinking blood... living forever.

Looking at the earliest writtings avalible to us. The " flesh and blood" were of symbolic nature as
    the "oneness" of thought and purpose. The Biblical record uses a similar expression as to the
    contract between a husband and wife saying they will " become one flesh". Of course this does
    not mean they will become a single physical unit, but a "oneness" of thought and purpose.
    Now as far as "Living forever", that was certainly a literal belief
    of the originals, under the future rule of Jesus, whom was also called the
    "Christ".
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »

Does Jesus look like that?
  • earl40earl40 Posts: 2,337 Captain
    I count 27 books in the NT. Each one mentions Jesus.
    Earl, a man, married to a girl called Tina.
  • earl40earl40 Posts: 2,337 Captain
    He is an agnostic.

Feel better?

At least Bart he is honest in his skepticism unlike others who claim to be catholic and deny what God says.
    Earl, a man, married to a girl called Tina.
  • earl40 wrote: »
    At least Bart he is honest in his skepticism unlike others who claim to be catholic and deny what God says.

I am not the one who challenged your honesty here, Earl, your victim did.

I simply explored the accusation.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Wow! Jeff Hunter Jesus loving a 75 million year old dinosaur.

Creationist Museum Debunked
    earl40 wrote: »

That's all you got to offer on this subject Earl......... with all your scriptural knowledge?

I have to admit is was expecting something a little more than a Catholic vs Protestant debate.
    You got it backwards. Harry Potter miraculously spoke snake.
    Did the snake talk? It's so cool when they talk.

Creationist Museum Debunked

I know I still like to toss around some feces.
    cj thinks the Noah's Ark Myth offers all the facts....
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    Yes, fibber offers no facts to back his mantra.

but Paleontology & Geology "offers no facts to back" up anything.

In cj's "mantra" Paleontology & Geology are conspiracies/hoaxes, just like Global Warming - but can't find anything questionable about 800 year old dude on a boat, with all species onboard, during an absurd Global Flood.
    The blue eyed blonde Jeffrey Hunter Jesus has definitely been "Debunked".
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Does Jesus look like that?

If Jesus was real he'd probably have looked like a cross between Yasser Arafat & Osama bin Laden.

Try to imagine that imagine nailed up on a cross in every church, with all the cultists on their knees praying to it & kicking in their cash.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    I was just wondering....

When will one of you "Godless" tell us all why you spend so much of your time in an effort to deny the existence of God?

Do you have a personal beef with God?....Do you believe that he somehow wronged you?....Didn't things turn out in your life the way you wanted?

....What?

.....and is the Easter Bunny next on your hit list?
    Please, nobody debunk "the Easter Bunny" Schmidty is in a very fragile state & needs the crutch.
    Schmidty wrote: »
    I was just wondering....

When will one of you "Godless" tell us all why you spend so much of your time in an effort to deny the existence of God?

Do you have a personal beef with God?....Do you believe that he somehow wronged you?....Didn't things turn out in your life the way you wanted?

....What?

but Paleontology & Geology "offers no facts to back" up anything.

Of course it can't , but it can't disprove it either.....

The dilemma will always remain " do we date fossils from rock or rock from fossils".

Even with reguards carbon dating , can we establish the fact that the earths atmosphere has always allowed
    a constant amount of ultraviolet radiation to establish a precise mathematical formula for dating.

Theories are wonderful , facts are illusive.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Please, nobody debunk "the Easter Bunny" Schmidty is in a very fragile state & needs the crutch.

Hahahahahahahahahahah...that's funny.....:rotflmao
    Thanks for showing how little you about fossils & carbon dating.
    MACD wrote: »
    Of course it can't , but it can't disprove it either.....

The dilemma will always remain " do we date fossils from rock or rock from fossils".

Even with reguards carbon dating , can we establish the fact that the earths atmosphere has always allowed
    a constant amount of ultraviolet radiation to establish a precise mathematical formula for dating.

Theories are wonderful , facts are illusive.

Reality is wonderful, your delusions are comical.

When it comes to "Jesus Debunked" facts aren't just "illusive" they're nonexistent - "with reguards" to magic, ghosts & myth. Meanwhile you're yapping about "a precise mathematical formula" again.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain

what part of "with a little research" are you having difficulty with....:signs
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
    I was just wondering....

....What?

the easter bunny is very real. Every spring he come out of his cave and if he sees his shadow we get 6 more weeks of winter.
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    what part of "with a little research" are you having difficulty with....:signs

My research abilities lack, so help a brother out. EAD?
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer

Becasue you are not just UFO 'enthusiasts' - you're are flat out devoted to the worship of non-human aliens!

I find this to be amazing.
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    Becasue you are not just UFO 'enthusiasts' - you're are flat out devoted to the worship of non-human aliens!

I find this to be amazing.

Yes, I also. Some people worship their Gods, some their cars, some their boats, some their statuses in life, some their significant others, some their children, some their money, and others, themselves.

It is amazing and that is what makes America so wonderful; (note- strictly from a homer's point of view, mind you!)
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,409 Captain
    To put the best, and most charitable, spin on it, "Jesus" is a lot like Santa Claus.

There might have been such a person, but imagery has long since overtaken history.

The fact is, Christianity was spread through the military power of the Roman Empire.

It morphed, changed, and adapted, to fit the preexisting culture of conquered countries.

Religion was a cheap and convenient way to exercise power and keep them conquered

Not much has changed in that regard, has it?
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    jlh49 wrote: »
    some their cars, some their boats, some their statuses in life, some their significant others, some their children, some their money, and others, themselves.

These all make sense and are 'real'.

It's the alien worship I find amazing.
  • fishbitfishbit Posts: 608 Officer
    These all make sense and are 'real'.

It's the alien worship I find amazing.

Maybe you should try it?
    Nature goes on her way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)
    Maybe you should try worshiping the Sun?
    fishbit wrote: »
    Maybe you should try it?

Afterall it's not just 'real' you can actually see it & the Sun's energy sustains all life on Earth.

A myth based on blind faith in unseen ghosts & magic is so easily "Debunked".
  • fishbitfishbit Posts: 608 Officer
    Maybe you should try worshiping the Sun?

Afterall it's not just 'real' you can actually see it & the Sun's energy sustains all life on Earth.

A myth based on blind faith in unseen ghosts & magic is so easily "Debunked".

I do worship the SON!
    Nature goes on her way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)