Home Politics

Jesus Debunked

Replies

• Well according to Gary's historian Jesus is deader than disco.

He is not my historian. Erhman is a recognized as an authority in ancient languages and texts. When someone finds something, he validates its authenticity.

That's what he gets paid to do, not apologetics.

As he says in the article, he is not someone who reads translations of things because he does not understand the language of the original and finds no mention of whoever it was that he was looking for and leading hem to believe that whoever that was does not exist.

That's what an amateur do. Like your guy.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    How much longer before we're convinced a dude existed?

I want to see you prove the Harry Potter abilities.

That would depend on which "we" you are referencing. I am already convinced.

Now if you are striving to be in the vogue community.........., well...., you will never be convinced.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,234 Admiral
    Flash wrote: »
    So do you believe in astrology? Who do you pray to when you are in dire need, when a family member is dying, etc.? You must be very lonely.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    He is not my historian. Erhman is a recognized as an authority in ancient languages and texts. When someone finds something, he validates its authenticity.

That's what he gets paid to do, not apologetics.

As he says in the article, he is not someone who reads translations of things because he does not understand the language of the original and finds no mention of whoever it was that he was looking for and leading hem to believe that whoever that was does not exist.

That's what an amateur do. Like your guy.

But someone that magical and no mention of him anywhere. I mean if someone on my street was walking on water, turning wine into water, feeding hundreds with a couple of fish and the raising the dead thing, I don't care who you are even rival messiahs would be talking and not 100 years after the fact.
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    Schmidty wrote: »
    . . . .

Prayer to God is really about glory to him....not "stuff"

Yeah! Sure! Right! Okay! Gotcha!

Man!, like many centuries of human nature preceding is going to somehow change and switch from successfully surviving by being focused on rational self interests . . . to altruistic wishful thinking.

Don’t think so.

Err, -- only in contemporary liberal/religious Delusion Land.

Sorry!
    :willynilly

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • But someone that magical and no mention of him anywhere. I mean if someone on my street was walking on water, turning wine into water, feeding hundreds with a couple of fish and the raising the dead thing, I don't care who you are even rival messiahs would be talking and not 100 years after the fact.

Erhman doesn't say that he was magical. Josephus didn't say he was magical. His brother, James didn't think he was magical. The magic part was Paul's idea. And he never met the guy. It seems that Peter went along with the idea. Paul was a very convincing guy.

All that subtracts nothing from the testimony contained in their authenticated letters that he was an actual person.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Baits Out wrote: »
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

. . . .

Prayer to God is really about glory to him....not "stuff"

Yeah! Sure! Right! Okay! Gotcha!

Man!, like many centuries of human nature preceding is going to somehow change and switch from successfully surviving by being focused on rational self interests . . . to altruistic wishful thinking.

Don’t think so.

Err, -- only in contemporary liberal/religious Delusion Land.

Sorry!
    :willynilly

So why "Cherry Pick" my post?

Do you really gotta do that to make your point?

Here...I put it here for you....

I like to call it ..."Dealing With God"

It normally starts out with...... "If you do this for me.........then I'll do that for you"...

It get's pretty funny if you can get 150 people .....especially the kids.....to tell you what they've asked God for...

....and sometimes it's sad as well.............

As for me...I am living proof that God simply doesn't do lottery requests.....no matter what good you say will be done with the loot.

But somehow "Baits Out" I think that you have some idea that all prayer is about "getting something"......it isn't.

Prayer to God is really about glory to him....not "stuff"!

.....and now your answer makes no sense.......

Hey "BO"....

Why this hatred of God and caustic statements towards those ho believe in him?

Why does this consume so much of your time? Why so much energy expended denouncing something that you say you don't believe in?
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    'Jesus was real.'
  • Jesus was Paul Giamatti?

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,351 Admiral
    Well according to Gary's historian Jesus is deader than disco.

And he's a legend in his own mind. doesn't have a clue Biblically though.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Spineyman wrote: »
    And he's a legend in his own mind. doesn't have a clue Biblically though.

:Spittingcoffee

• Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    Schmidty wrote: »
    So why "Cherry Pick" my post?

Do you really gotta do that to make your point?

Here...I put it here for you....

I like to call it ..."Dealing With God"

It normally starts out with...... "If you do this for me.........then I'll do that for you"...

It get's pretty funny if you can get 150 people .....especially the kids.....to tell you what they've asked God for...

....and sometimes it's sad as well.............

As for me...I am living proof that God simply doesn't do lottery requests.....no matter what good you say will be done with the loot.

But somehow "Baits Out" I think that you have some idea that all prayer is about "getting something"......it isn't.

Prayer to God is really about glory to him....not "stuff"!

.....and now your answer makes no sense.......

Hey "BO"....

Why this hatred of God and caustic statements towards those ho believe in him?

Why does this consume so much of your time? Why so much energy expended denouncing something that you say you don't believe in?

You are attacking a straw man.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    Jesus was illegitimate from the 1st page of the myth. Hard to debunk what's always been presented as illegitimate.

Jesus the man might have been modeled on a real person, but all the supernatural magic & ghost stories attached to the messiah myth were regurgitated bunk from day one & still are.

Based on what facts? And your Doctorate in the subject is.
    Your reply is based on what you believe same as your mantra on global warming. That is your God given right. Enjoy it while it last.
    Erhman doesn't say that he was magical. Josephus didn't say he was magical. His brother, James didn't think he was magical. The magic part was Paul's idea. And he never met the guy. It seems that Peter went along with the idea. Paul was a very convincing guy.

All that subtracts nothing from the testimony contained in their authenticated letters that he was an actual person.

So you are saying Jesus was just a regular guy hanging out with his buddies? And that's why no one noticed him?
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Christianity is responsible for more wars, more slaughter of innocent human beings, more diseases being spread to parts of the world that never had exposure to disease, than any other belief system or religion or movement...

no, people are responsible for those things as the fight for resources
    religion is just a false reason for those actions, it is always truly about resorces regardless of the religion
    Spineyman wrote: »
    And there you have it...You thought. The carnal mind is at enmity with God, it can not be subject to the Law of God nor will it ever be. God is not a slot machine. You put your money in and get this out. In order to please God, first you must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Jesus is not dead but has been raised from the dead in bodily form.

"The carnal mind is at enmity with God" You may want to rethink that thought.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,230 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »

A prayer = a request to temporarily suspend all the known laws of the universe for the benefit of a single petitioner.

And miracles? Whether it is 50/50 or not. I'll put faith in the prayer. Kinda like that old saying. "There are no atheist in a foxhole." With the way the world is going, about all we have left is faith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,230 AG

:wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash wrote: »
    And miracles? Whether it is 50/50 or not. I'll put faith in the prayer. Kinda like that old saying. "There are no atheist in a foxhole." With the way the world is going, about all we have left is faith.

And a little known fact is no one in a fox hole has been blown into little tiny bits........

What kind of god lets that happen? :wink
    no one in a fox hole has been blown into little tiny bits........

A watchful God
    And a little known fact is no one in a fox hole has been blown into little tiny bits........

https://answersingenesis.org/suffering/why-does-gods-creation-include-death-and-suffering/?utm_source=aigsocial09302014deathsuffering&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookgoogletwitterlinkedi

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

seajay-1 wrote: »
    An accurate God

FIFY:rotflmao

What you fail to realize is we are here for His good pleasure, not the other way around. Man's chief end is to Glorify God and enjoy Him forever. He owes us nothing and doesn't have to give us one minute, yet He in His infinite wisdom and Mercy pours out His love on those He has redeemed from the foundation of the world. You are not even guaranteed your next breath. So why do you think it strange we endure fiery trials?

• FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Mary might not have been a virgin, but she certainly wasn't married according to the messiah myth. Hence her offspring was illegitimate by common legal definition - NOT "based on what (I) believe".

Nobody would "Enjoy" incontrovertible proof of any "supernatural magic & ghost stories" more than I, but there's still no valid evidence for any of it - regardless of what I might "believe".
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    Based on what facts? And your Doctorate in the subject is.
    Your reply is based on what you believe same as your mantra on global warming. That is your God given right. Enjoy it while it last.

Scientific American, NOAA, NASA, USGS, etc, etc, etc never checked to see what I "believe" before publishing their conclusions.

Your "God given right" is to fail miserably at attempting to deny reality while desperately clutching your obsolete, illiterate, goat herder mantra.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral

Your "God given right" is to fail miserably at attempting to deny reality while desperately clutching your obsolete, illiterate, goat herder mantra.

hahahahahah......:rotflmao

Funny...really funny....
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG

One that lets you slip through the cracks. "He" must have a higher purpose for you, by allowing you to show what an :idiot you are. Apparently "he" gave you a lot of rope. How many nights are you in town, and is the veal on the menu?

:blowkiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Mary might not have been a virgin, but she certainly wasn't married according to the messiah myth. Hence her offspring was illegitimate by common legal definition - NOT "based on what (I) believe".

Nobody would "Enjoy" incontrovertible proof of any "supernatural magic & ghost stories" more than I, but there's still no valid evidence for any of it - regardless of what I might "believe".

Scientific American, NOAA, NASA, USGS, etc, etc, etc never checked to see what I "believe" before publishing their conclusions.

God doesn't cause powerline splices. You must have pizzed him off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Spineyman wrote: »
    What you fail to realize is we are here for His good pleasure, not the other way around. Man's chief end is to Glorify God and enjoy Him forever. He owes us nothing and doesn't have to give us one minute, yet He in His infinite wisdom and Mercy pours out His love on those He has redeemed from the foundation of the world. You are not even guaranteed your next breath. So why do you think it strange we endure fiery trials?

That's pretty twisted.
  • fishbitfishbit Posts: 608 Officer
    Gary What comic books did Vankin author I need to read them.

tasty bullet
    A kinetic graphic novel by Arnold Pander & Jonathan Vankin
    Published by Image Comics. View the trailer, then buy it here. Or download the iPad/iPhone/Android digital version for just $4.99 here.
    http://www.jonathanvankin.net/comics--graphic-novels.html

http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Bullet-Jonathan-Vankin/dp/1607061287
    Nature goes on her way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)
  • "Vankin’s scripts are way better than the movies these days" -- Booklist

This one looks like fun:

1093417.jpg