Home Politics

Jesus Debunked

12628303132

Replies

  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    MACD wrote: »
    Does that matter? Is that in itself "debunking" evidence?

    Give me something even in "Cultural Anthropology " that may
    have a tidbit of "debunking" as to the 1st century man named Jesus of Nazareth whom became the Christ.

    At least give me something to work on.

    A person does not become the Christ if he is truly the Messiah.

    I don't understand why anyone is arguing whether or not a man named Jesus existed. What does it matter if some dude walked around preaching about God and trying to convince others he was some Messiah sent to save them (I am not sure he did the latter, his followers may have embellished that part). There are lots of people in history who have done the same.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    A person does not become the Christ if he is truly the Messiah.

    I don't understand why anyone is arguing whether or not a man named Jesus existed. What does it matter if some dude walked around preaching about God and trying to convince others he was some Messiah sent to save them (I am not sure he did the latter, his followers may have embellished that part). There are lots of people in history who have done the same.

    Which is the point. If a man did exist doing all these miraculous things why is there no record while he lived? Whether one was a follower or not at the time someone walking on water would be the talk of the town.

    If someone in my town could turn water into wine I'll admit he'd be my new bff. I'd be dragging him to the nearest lake....
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    Which is the point. If a man did exist doing all these miraculous things why is there no record while he lived? Whether one was a follower or not at the time someone walking on water would be the talk of the town.

    If someone in my town could turn water into wine I'll admit he'd be my new bff. I'd be dragging him to the nearest lake....

    You are arguing two different topics at once.

    1) The existence of a person in the first century named Jesus. Did he exist?
    Yes it is most likely there was such a person who was a prophet at the time traveling trying to spread his beliefs. He may have even felt he had a calling from God to do so.

    2) Jesus was able to perform miracles?
    It is doubtful any miracles he performed would stand up to scientific evaluation. He was most likely very charismatic and people wanted to believe he could do miraculous things. They most likely embellished some of his deeds to make them appear as miracles. The other option is he was a charlatan who perform "magic" tricks to inflate his own persona. There were a lot of guys back in those days who claimed to perform miracles.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,262 Admiral
    MACD wrote: »
    The references have always been there, no need to make up something new.

    All I can say Greggl , I don't have to erase history to satisfy my position.........the burden of
    proof is always on the "conspiracy theorists" most of which never hold up to fact.

    Are you talking about followers of ghost and aliens? If so I agree
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    You should go back & count how many times you've typed "hate" before "hate" consumes you.



    You've convinced yourself your delusions of "hate" are true, can't discuss your alleged faith w/o perverse sexual references & are so demented you think "That's just to funny".

    It's not "funny". It's sad, pathetic & hypocritical. That is, unless your goal was to DEBUNK JESUS.

    Let me get you up to speed Migs,

    What is sad and pathetic is that you fail to understand that “hate” is more than an accurate descriptor of you, your world view and your attitude towards God, Christ, and anyone who embraces Christianity.

    I laugh at your ignorance thinking that people can’t see right through you. Why don’t you just come out and say it. “You don’t want there to be a God” “You’re mad at God because you feel he has treated you unfairly, maybe he left you short” So instead of adopting a man up attitude you attack the God you say doesn’t exist.

    IF God doesn’t exist then why post a pic of the starving child. You seem mad at this God that you say doesn’t exist because there is tragedy in the world. That’s a pretty weak and pathetic argument, just about as good as the other weak and pathetic argument of “the church asked me for money so that means there is no God”. Try again Migs.

    And as far as insults go, what makes you thing you have the exclusivity of them? Get over yourself; this is an internet political forum. I don’t believe for a second that you don’t think there is a God, I know you do you’re just not man enough to say it so you hide in the shadows and emote impotent arguments hoping to convince yourself otherwise...
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    I don’t believe for a second that you don’t think there is a God, I know you do you’re just not man enough to say it so you hide in the shadows and emote impotent arguments hoping to convince yourself otherwise...

    Do you think I believe in a God?

    How about Conchy?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Your claim is that the aliens are coming back to destroy human civilization.

    Im waiting on your evidence smthatbwe can begin mounting a defense.

    'We have not yet begun to hate these things.'
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    You are arguing two different topics at once.

    No I'm not, there either was a Jesus son of god doing miracles that christians based their faith on or there wasn't. The christian faith is not based on a Joel Olsteen wannabe.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    Do you think I believe in a God?

    How about Conchy?

    I don't know cad, I know many that say they don't really do, they're just hoping there isn't. Conchy is a lost cause....:wink
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Let me get you up to speed Migs,

    What is sad and pathetic is that you fail to understand that “hate” is more than an accurate descriptor of you, your world view and your attitude towards God, Christ, and anyone who embraces Christianity.

    I laugh at your ignorance thinking that people can’t see right through you. Why don’t you just come out and say it. “You don’t want there to be a God” “You’re mad at God because you feel he has treated you unfairly, maybe he left you short” So instead of adopting a man up attitude you attack the God you say doesn’t exist.

    IF God doesn’t exist then why post a pic of the starving child. You seem mad at this God that you say doesn’t exist because there is tragedy in the world. That’s a pretty weak and pathetic argument, just about as good as the other weak and pathetic argument of “the church asked me for money so that means there is no God”. Try again Migs.

    And as far as insults go, what makes you thing you have the exclusivity of them? Get over yourself; this is an internet political forum. I don’t believe for a second that you don’t think there is a God, I know you do you’re just not man enough to say it so you hide in the shadows and emote impotent arguments hoping to convince yourself otherwise...
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain

    What God, the one you say doesn't exist? Thanks for proving my point. You're mad a t God because bad things happen, so lets just say there is no God. brilliant. So you think God should not have given man freewill?
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    It is called 'pretending'... people can do that by using this thing we call Imagination.

    Check with your physician to see if using Imagination is right for you...
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    What God, the one you say doesn't exist? Thanks for proving my point. You're mad a t God because bad things happen, so lets just say there is no God. brilliant. So you think God should not have given man freewill?

    So your god is ok with children getting ****.

    That's sick .....
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    You're like a blind, deaf & dumb broken record. I'd be tickled pink IF there was a god, but no matter how many times I ask for "good evidence" of a god from the cultists who say there is "good evidence" it doesn't exist.
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Why don’t you just come out and say it. “You don’t want there to be a God” “You’re mad at God because you feel he has treated you unfairly, maybe he left you short” So instead of adopting a man up attitude you attack the God you say doesn’t exist.

    IF God doesn’t exist then why post a pic of the starving child. You seem mad at this God that you say doesn’t exist because there is tragedy in the world. That’s a pretty weak and pathetic argument, just about as good as the other weak and pathetic argument of “the church asked me for money so that means there is no God”. Try again Migs.

    And as far as insults go, what makes you thing you have the exclusivity of them? Get over yourself; this is an internet political forum. I don’t believe for a second that you don’t think there is a God, I know you do you’re just not man enough to say it so you hide in the shadows and emote impotent arguments hoping to convince yourself otherwise...

    I didn't "post a pic of the starving child".

    Once again you delude yourself into thinking you know what I post is not what I believe & pretend to know what I "hide". In fact you think my very conspicuous & consistent contributions here are evidence that I "hide".

    Cultists have failed to even present a cogent argument here & can't even post any "good evidence" leaving them utterly "impotent" & relegated to wishing ghosts & magic were real.

    Get it through your thick skull that I'm agnostic & your fantasy that everyone secretly conforms to your ghosts & magic myth is a lie.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    I don't know cad, I know many that say they don't really do, they're just hoping there isn't. Conchy is a lost cause....:wink

    How do you know that?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • David C.David C. Posts: 104 Deckhand
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Why don’t you just come out and say it. “You don’t want there to be a God” “You’re mad at God because you feel he has treated you unfairly, maybe he left you short” So instead of adopting a man up attitude you attack the God you say doesn’t exist.
    When I hear atheists say that they don't believe in God, what I actually hear is "I want to believe in God, but I want more evidence. Please convince me so that I can have faith. Please give me SOMETHING that I can touch or see!"
    It's human nature to doubt. It reminds me of John 20:25
    "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."
    And then a while later...(Actually a week later from John 20, 24-29)

    A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

    28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

    Just because I believe it, (and I do), does not necessarily make it true. Just because millions or billions of people believe it, does not mean that it is fact. But consider this; An extremely high percentage of the people in the world believe in "God" or some type of creator or superior being, although some (most) do not use the word God or Jesus.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    So your god is ok with children getting ****.

    That's sick .....

    You're a ****! **** is a result of Godless immoral people. So now you want to blame all the bad things that immoral Godless people do on God, oh yeah the God you say doesn't exist. Try another strategy, this one isn't working out very well for you.
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    How do you know that?

    Because people have confessed it to me, one of them from this forum.
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    No I'm not, there either was a Jesus son of god doing miracles that christians based their faith on or there wasn't.

    Your original argument is that a man named Jesus did not exist. Not that the Christ did not exist.
    The christian faith is not based on a Joel Olsteen wannabe.

    Actually, it is.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,448 AG
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    Because people have confessed it to me, one of them from this forum.

    So people who claim to be Atheist confess to you that they really believe in God and hate him.

    You really want to stick with that story?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Catch 22 wrote: »
    You're a ****!

    :nono
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

    "Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

    "All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    David C. wrote: »
    When I hear atheists say that they don't believe in God, what I actually hear is "I want to believe in God, but I want more evidence. .

    If there was actually any evidence that either god or jesus existed everyone would become a christian immediately.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    You're a ****! **** is a result of Godless immoral people. So now you want to blame all the bad things that immoral Godless people do on God, oh yeah the God you say doesn't exist. Try another strategy, this one isn't working out very well for you.

    Your god takes the free will away from good people? Or do the children want to be ****?

    We hear all the time god took someone in a car accident or what ever cause he needed another angel, so can't he also take someone about to **** a child? Or is that beyond his abilities?
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    You're regressive! Not merely progressing at a slow pace, but actually regressing & retreating from reality.
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    You're a ****! **** is a result of Godless immoral people. So now you want to blame all the bad things that immoral Godless people do on God, oh yeah the God you say doesn't exist. Try another strategy, this one isn't working out very well for you.

    In your favorite ghosts & magic myth Mary was essentially **** by a supernatural alien. No consent. No foreplay. No courting. No marriage. Just wham-bam thank you mam.

    So you're saying the Big Kahuna is "immoral Godless". Then there's all the incest. In the myth we're all supposed to be descended from Noah's sick little love nest.
  • You're a regressive! Not merely **** .

    Same traffic. Please refrain from name calling.

    Thanks.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

    "Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

    "All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    Your god takes the free will away from good people? Or do the children want to be ****?

    We hear all the time god took someone in a car accident or what ever cause he needed another angel, so can't he also take someone about to **** a child? Or is that beyond his abilities?

    All people have free will. What part of **** comes from "Godless immoral people" are you having difficulty with. Just go ahead and continue to blame mans bad behavior on the God "you say doesn't exist" ....:Spittingcoffee
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    You're a regressive! Not merely **** & progressing at a slow pace, but actually regressing & retreating from reality.



    In your favorite ghosts & magic myth Mary was essentially **** by a supernatural alien. No consent. No foreplay. No courting. No marriage. Just wham-bam thank you mam.

    So you're saying the Big Kahuna is "immoral Godless". Then there's all the incest. In the myth we're all supposed to be descended from Noah's sick little love nest.

    Hello, Mary was not **** by anyone. You see this is how I know you are a God hater...:wink
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Catch 22 wrote: »
    All people have free will. What part of **** comes from "Godless immoral people" are you having difficulty with. Just go ahead and continue to blame mans bad behavior on the God "you say doesn't exist" ....:Spittingcoffee

    You book has some stuff in it that'll get you jailed if you did it now.

    Gotta do better than what your god asked if you want to roll with our society. We have progressed.
Sign In or Register to comment.