Jesus Debunked

Replies

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,962 Captain
    greggl wrote: »
    ...or John Frum.

Oh please don't Greggl......:huh
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,369 AG
    MACD wrote: »
    I may have missed that...........please give me a resource that I can look deeper into that.

Acts 11:26New International Version (NIV)

26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

1 Peter 4:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Oh please don't Greggl......:huh

Cargo cultism.
    cadman wrote: »
    There is evidence that a person named Jesus existed and was either a prophet or charlatan. There is no evidence he was the messiah

Start a different topic ......we have to first "debunk" that a man Jesus of the 1st century never existed.
    If he did, he is likely a construct which has had stories bolted to it.
    Start a different topic ......we have to first "debunk" that a man Jesus of the 1st century never existed.

That is Conchy's foolishness. Why he tried to go down this road I will never understand. It is about as silly as Catch trying to prove God through scientific evidence.

Mini Mart Magnate

He had a good agent. Better than William Morris ever hoped to be.

Mini Mart Magnate

Acts 11:26New International Version (NIV)

26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

1 Peter 4:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Fair enough Cadman................I stand corrected...............

But the "secularists" or non-believers of that time period also realized the "Christ" as a physical man that walked the earth.....

Thanks for your input. I needed a little adjustment of my opinion.

"The Latinized Greek term Khri·sti·a·nos′, found only three times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, designates followers of Christ Jesus, the exponents of Christianity.—Ac 11:26; 26:28; 1Pe 4:16.

“It was first in Antioch [Syria] that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.” (Ac 11:26) It is possible, then, that this name was used as early as the year 44 C.E. when the events surrounding this text occurred, although the grammatical structure of this phrase does not necessarily make it so; some think it was a little later. At any rate, by about 58 C.E., in the city of Caesarea, the term was well known and used even by public officials, for at that time King Herod Agrippa II said to Paul: “In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.”—Ac 26:28.

Bible writers in addressing fellow believers or describing followers of Christ used expressions such as “believers in the Lord,” “brothers” and “disciples” (Ac 5:14; 6:3; 15:10), “chosen ones” and “faithful ones” (Col 3:12; 1Ti 4:12), “slaves to God” and “slaves of Christ Jesus” (Ro 6:22; Php 1:1), “holy ones,” “congregation of God,” and “those who call upon the Lord.” (Ac 9:13; 20:28; 1Co 1:2; 2Ti 2:22) These terms with doctrinal meaning were used primarily as internal congregational designations. To outsiders Christianity was referred to as “The Way” (Ac 9:2; 19:9, 23; 22:4), and opponents called it “the sect of the Nazarenes” or just “this sect.”—Ac 24:5; 28:22.

This also helps prove the original writers wrote in the 1st century.
    MACD, off topic but do you work nights? I ask because I had to work a few and noticed it was the only time you seemed to be on the forum.

Mini Mart Magnate

MACD, off topic but do you work nights? I ask because I had to work a few and noticed it was the only time you seemed to be on the forum.

Not really what I consider work. It's just a peaceful time to do some research of my work, hobbies and other interests of life.
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    80 pages.... anyone change their view on this yet?
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    80 pages.... anyone change their view on this yet?

I had to make a slight adjustment. How about you?

Does that matter? Is that in itself "debunking" evidence?

Give me something even in "Cultural Anthropology " that may
    have a tidbit of "debunking" as to the 1st century man named Jesus of Nazareth whom became the Christ.

At least give me something to work on.
    How much 'Pauline Tradition' or influence you see at work in the early church?
    How much 'Pauline Tradition' or influence you see at work in the early church?

I personally don't find that Peter and Paul had different beliefs, according to the writings..

There approach as teachers was a little different because, Peter mostly taught to those of Israelite culture,(even to the Jewish population in Babylon) and Paul to the non-Jewish(Gentiles). Paul being a "legal " Roman citizen , had more rights under Roman Civil Law
    than some of his Jewish counter parts in belief and heritage and was more familiar with the Hellenist secular culture.

But I'm not going to get into the great "hand off" of the keys, or
    Reformation stuff on this thread ........because it makes no difference for this topic.
    But I'm not going to get into the great "hand off" of the keys, or
    Reformation stuff on this thread ........because it makes no difference for this topic.

How could it not?

Did Julius Caesar exist? Who writes the histories? The survivors, generally.
    How could it not?

Did Julius Caesar exist? Who writes the histories? The survivors, generally.

You're trying to culturally package about 3 Centuries of data into a small package of 33 yrs of the existence of Christ.......

Remember, on this thread all we are trying to do is "debunk" Jesus of the 1st century..

We have to "debunk" him or not before we can move forward with regards cultural changes.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Just wanted to check in as we reach 800 replies & see if the cultists posted a single shred of the "good evidence" we've all been hoping to see. Yet. No such luck. We're all cheering for them as Halloween approaches.
    Does that matter? Is that in itself "debunking" evidence?

Give me something even in "Cultural Anthropology " that may
    have a tidbit of "debunking" as to the 1st century man named Jesus of Nazareth whom became the Christ.

At least give me something to work on.

You mean like the man named Gordon "who became" Sting of the Police?

Incidentally, doesn't the myth allege Wise Men magically knew the fatherless baby was "the Christ" before they even knew where it was born?

Lot of baby pics with special halo effects. Of course it's invariably a blue eyed, blonde, anglo baby.

Speaking of which, we could have some fun just discussing select ghost & magic phenomena like the ubiquitous halo? What's that all about? A precisely mind controlled high energy plasma? Some kind of laser halography? Small scale cold fusion? Could it slice your hand off like Star Wars light saber?

Did the cast of the myth have the ability to turn halo on & off, crank the intensity when riled up, turn it down low when they wanted to get funky, or was it the Super Alien's spotlight?

Or maybe the classic Heston scene where Moses does a 'Dream of Genie' thing & w/Big Kahuna's assist, turns a staff into cobra? Then Yul's posse counters with a Pen & Teller. Big Kahuna cranks up the heat & Chuck's snake eats the king's? Holy & secular magic, like Coke & Pepsi.

Need more rope?
    Julius Caesar should prove an easier 'god' - to undebunk via 'history'.

There was much more contemporary material produced which referenced him.
    Herod?
    What about Pontius Pilate?

Volume of reference material is dropping off rather quickly...
    Julius Caesar should prove an easier 'god' - to undebunk via 'history'.

There was much more contemporary material produced which referenced him.
    Herod?
    What about Pontius Pilate?

Volume of reference material is dropping off rather quickly...

The references have always been there, no need to make up something new.

All I can say Greggl , I don't have to erase history to satisfy my position.........the burden of
    proof is always on the "conspiracy theorists" most of which never hold up to fact.
    We're all cheering for them as Halloween approache

Pull out some of those ghosts hiding in your closet... you can scare some of those christian kids away
    from your door.
    Your non-mainstream position is more interesting and I suspect, more accurate than most ;)

My personal position is that there was likely an actual dude who lived and died, underpinning the story.

It is SUBTANTIALLY less likely that his mom had a magical pregnancy or the alleged reproductive capabilities of a bonnethead shark.
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    I had to make a slight adjustment. How about you?

I dont discuss religion or politics :kick
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    I dont discuss religion or politics :kick

The Op discussion is about History. But the self proclaimed "debunkers" can't stay on topic..

So I understand your position.
    The fact that you evaded discussing the ubiquitous halo & iconic Moses vs. Pharaoh scene from your myth, AND never posted a shred of "good evidence" - when taken together "can scare some of those christian kids away from" cult indoctrination.

Do you "hate" the contents of your myth so much you can't even examine it objectively? Speculating about "ghosts hiding in (my) closet" is par for the course for somebody who claims to routinely chat with ghosts.
    Your non-mainstream position is more interesting and I suspect, more accurate than most ;)

Yes , maybe some non-mainstream, but my intentions are not out of a rebellion of the "statuesque",

There should always be a balanced disciplined of even a "free-mind"..
    The fact that you evaded discussing the ubiquitous halo & iconic Moses vs. Pharaoh scene from your myth, AND never posted a shred of "good evidence" - when taken together "can scare some of those christian kids away from" cult indoctrination.

Do you "hate" the contents of your myth so much you can't even examine it objectively? Speculating about "ghosts hiding in (my) closet" is par for the course for somebody who claims to routinely chat with ghosts.

I don't "hate" I'm Caspar the friendly Ghost.
    That's Casper the Cartoon Character. Completely evading reality & topic. Because the ghost & magic crowd has detoured so often to the carnal consider this pre-emptive:
    I don't "hate" I'm Caspar the friendly Ghost.

Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances Google: Was Casper the Friendly Ghost Gay
    Whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances Google: Was Casper the Friendly Ghost Gay

I googled myself and I'm fabulous.

I'm glad your not on my debate team..........Even some of your own teammates

are blushing with embarrassment................ and I like some of your teammates.