Home Politics

California Becomes First State To Ban Single-Use Plastic Bags

2»

Replies

• FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    So you guys are for the environment being polluted? Should be bring back asbestos as well? After all it only kills you if you have to be around it.

No I think we need to control everyone and everything all the time. Imagine how small WPB's land fill would be without those publix bags full of dog doo!
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    Just think for a moment if those WPB/PBG Poodle Fanciers would just let FiFi and Petey **** in their own yards. Now there is a thought. It would cut down on a lot of things.
    The same can be said for that nasty feline Morris who thinks that he must dig in someone else's mulch.

California is definitely different. There are several chains in Florida that don't give away bags anymore. They charge you or you bring your own.
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    David B wrote: »
    There are several chains in Florida that don't give away bags anymore. They charge you or you bring your own.

This was how it started in Cali. Within weeks, 'designer grocery bags' and 'donation to charity' bags started appearing ;)
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    mikev wrote: »
    Good on you. But, just for the sake of argument, should it be legislated that you do that? Should you be fined for not doing that?

Most people will act due to laziness. Whether it should be a law or not, depends on how important you believe recycling is to the environment.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    Oh, wait, I'm thinking of paper bags.

Thank the war on drugs for not even more easily made paper.
    greggl wrote: »
    Should your municipality have to arrange to clean up and recycling for the bags handed out by a private business which provides little more than low end jobs to the community?

The bags are nuisance advertising that costs us money.

One of my customers cant get enough recycled plastic bags. They have to buy containers of them from Europe. It is integral to their product.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    How different is the recycling on those? I never heard an answer as to why it added costs.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    Thank the war on drugs for not even more easily made paper.

You got that right.

Hemp is the answer to our problems.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    greggl wrote: »
    How different is the recycling on those? I never heard an answer as to why it added costs.

What do you mean?
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    He means why do many recyclers not accept the plastic bags used by grocery and many other stores for recycling. Mine does not, they even have ****'s who come around on garbage day and check the blue bin for them. If they find them they tape a nasty note on it telling you to take them out or they will not pick up your can. They use bright orange tape and put it so that it holds the can lid closed.
    If the driver sees the orange tape, they keep driving.

I do not know what makes this kind of plastic so that recyclers do not want it.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    He means why do many recyclers not accept the plastic bags used by grocery and many other stores for recycling. Mine does not, they even have ****'s who come around on garbage day and check the blue bin for them. If they find them they tape a nasty note on it telling you to take them out or they will not pick up your can. They use bright orange tape and put it so that it holds the can lid closed.
    If the driver sees the orange tape, they keep driving.

I do not know what makes this kind of plastic so that recyclers do not want it.

Maybe they clog the sorting systems. Like I said, it is the staple of one of my customers in the product of their products. They could use virgin material but its their pitch to use the recycled bags.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    L
    David B wrote: »
    Just think for a moment if those WPB/PBG Poodle Fanciers would just let FiFi and Petey **** in their own yards. Now there is a thought. It would cut down on a lot of things.
    The same can be said for that nasty feline Morris who thinks that he must dig in someone else's mulch.

California is definitely different. There are several chains in Florida that don't give away bags anymore. They charge you or you bring your own.

Whole foods is the only one I know of.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,500 AG
    I would bet that it doesn't pay for them to recycle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer
    Kalifornia: the state of lost freedom. Though I like what the bill's intent is, the execution is **** poor. A prime example of over regulation
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
    I have to admit, the huggers make a good argument this time on the single use bags.
    Therefore, I vow to resuse my condoms no less that 2x
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button