Home Politics

No American who works full-time should live in poverty.

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,353 Admiral
    greggl wrote: »
    The Bible.

Wrong answer, please try again.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    The Bible.

hardly
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Morons. Read Deuteronomy. There was no way you Newtesters were gonna uphold Deut15 - or pay a daily wage or any of the rest ;)
    Me.... insulting them? I believe it has been established by the brain trust here that anyone that will work for that sort of money isn't all that bright. Fact that one is an x teacher and loves the work ... oh my what are they teachin down there in the hills of Tennessee? Seems your ignorance of the unemployment system throws your role as an employer and their employment under the shadow of possible impropriety...

Just sayin....:rolleyes

Unlike you,,, I have never had to use it so I guess I will have to defer to your experience in the matter.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    You are ignorant on the matter... and taking advantage of your neighbors.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,369 AG
    Bad conservationist.

We established a 'living wage' as like $15k earlier in the thread... will none of you call this guy on him paying half that?

Why? One is a retired school teacher. I assume this means he gets his retirement and works for Fin's for extra money. The Nephew may work some place else full time or go to school and also works for Fins for extra cash.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    fins4me wrote: »
    Unlike you,,, I have never had to use it so I guess I will have to defer to your experience in the matter.

Employers don't/can't use it, interesting you don't know this.
    State pension/union. He wants the screw the guy a second time... and how is working a school kid 25 hours a week for most of the year ,doing 'unskilled' grunt work for blow poverty wages, really helping anyone?

He's a user.
    Employers don't use it, interesting you don't know this.

Were you born this dense or is it something that you have to strive for. I will clarify for the stupid... I have never received an unemployment check. I think you must have because of the knowledge you claim on the subject.
    "Today is MINE"
    State pension/union. He wants the screw the guy a second time... and how is working a school kid 25 hours a week for most of the year ,doing 'unskilled' grunt work for blow poverty wages, really helping anyone?

He's a user.

and you are ignorant of the real world.

Once again,,, If either dislike the working conditions or the wage they are being offered then the highway is certainly open for their use.
    "Today is MINE"
    Were you born this dense or is it something that you have to strive for. I will clarify for the stupid... I have never received an unemployment check. I think you must have because of the knowledge you claim on the subject.

Keep swinging sunshine employers can't receive an unemployment check which makes the fact you claim to be an employer starting to smell like yesterdays fish.

Perhaps the wife or Daddy takes care of such matters?
    Cyclist wrote: »
    And you better not get sick. ALL of these min. wage workers are a sickness away from poverty or bankruptcy.

no need to limit this statement to 'minimum wage' only.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,353 Admiral
    Morons. Read Deuteronomy. There was no way you Newtesters were gonna uphold Deut15 - or pay a daily wage or any of the rest ;)

Ah excuse me you don't even believe in the Bible or the things in it yet you quote it often. You might want to take it to heart yourself and actually learn something and apply it to your sad miserable life. God says a laborer is worthy of his hire but does not command paying someones medical requirements.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

He's a user.

They don't have to take the job.

Do you hire any low income help, like lawn or maid service or anything?

Mini Mart Magnate

and you are ignorant of the real world.

Once again,,, If either dislike the working conditions or the wage they are being offered then the highway is certainly open for their use.

Who cares for these laborers when they are old?
    You apparently don't even compensate them if they become ill while in your employ, correct?
    cadman wrote: »
    They don't have to take the job.

Do you hire any low income help, like lawn or maid service or anything?

No. Im from Wisconsin.
    Keep swinging sunshine employers can't receive an unemployment check which makes the fact you claim to be an employer starting to smell like yesterdays fish.

Perhaps the wife or Daddy takes care of such matters?

:rolleyes what a child you are,,,
    "Today is MINE"
    Who cares for these laborers when they are old?
    You apparently don't even compensate them if they become ill while in your employ, correct?

My responsibility is to my enterprise not those who answer the call to fill a role for a set amount of compensation.
    "Today is MINE"
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Ah excuse me you don't even believe in the Bible or the things in it yet you quote it often. You might want to take it to heart yourself and actually learn something and apply it to your sad miserable life. God says a laborer is worthy of his hire but does not command paying someones medical requirements.

If you studied as much about it as you study the text itself, you would not believe either.
    My responsibility is to my enterprise not those who answer the call to fill a role for a set amount of compensation.

What you're describing, would be an honest and open bidding process.
    What you're describing, would be an honest and open bidding process.

"set amount of compensation"

I am not negotiating the rate on general labor.
    "Today is MINE"
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Why can't a free man negotiate his wage for his labor?

He can, but imagine how much more effective he would be if it was done as a group.
    He can, but imagine how much more effective he would be if it was done as a group.

A forced minimum wage has nothing to do with wage negotiating.
    "Today is MINE"
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    A forced minimum wage has nothing to do with wage negotiating.

Sure it does. It's a starting point, can only go up from there.
    "set amount of compensation"

I am not negotiating the rate on general labor.

Sure you do. You offer the $8.50 an hour. You have plenty of people to take the job at that pay. If no one would take the job, you would have to consider $9.00 an hour, if you needed the job done. But with the unemployment and economy the way it is, you are generous to offer the $8.50 an hour. You could easily find people at $7.50 in this market.

that is the issue that Greg and the others don't get.

Mini Mart Magnate

Gillnetting on land.
    :rolleyes what a child you are,,,

Matters you have no clue of are obvious.
    cadman wrote: »
    Sure you do. You offer the $8.50 an hour. You have plenty of people to take the job at that pay. If no one would take the job, you would have to consider $9.00 an hour, if you needed the job done. But with the unemployment and economy the way it is, you are generous to offer the $8.50 an hour. You could easily find people at $7.50 in this market.

that is the issue that Greg and the others don't get.

The offer of $8.50 isn't the true cost. Add in SS, unemployment, medicare, medicaid, workers comp and I'm sure a few other things I have missed shows poor fins isn't the one at the helm of the empire he claims..... He clearly has no clue of such things .....

The wizards curtain has been revealed,
    No. Im from Wisconsin.

They don't have minimum wage jobs in Wisconsin?

Mini Mart Magnate

The offer of $8.50 isn't the true cost. Add in SS, unemployment, medicare, medicaid, workers comp and I'm sure a few other things I have missed shows poor fins isn't the one at the helm of the empire he claims..... He clearly has no clue of such things .....

The wizards curtain has been revealed,

It adds 20% and I am sure Fins took that into account when he decided the job was worth $8.50. I know my $10 an hour employee cost me $12.00 and hour.

The sad part is the $12 an hour is the employee's money and they only gets 75% of it thanks to the federal government.

Mini Mart Magnate