common snook or not?

13»

Replies

• FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,454 Officer
    Anyone who commented on the FWC getting the OP in trouble doesnt know the law. The OP did nothing wrong. Dont know if you remember the kid who posted a video on youtube of himself cutting the fins on a Spotted Eagle Ray. You bet this forum helped catch that guy.

Big fish caught on small tackle near bridges and pylons is gonna be bad news for the fish. Doesnt make it wrong. Also doesnt make it wrong for us to say "hey thats a dead fish".
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,736 AG
    theglide96 wrote: »
    Too bad only one person has addressed the issue of proper fish handling! He was cradling that snooky belly so nicely...he deserves props for that, no?

Yes, That is the proper way to cradle the belly of a dead fish..... Well done.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,736 AG
    Why, every time a perceived fish injustice has taken place and been documented here do forum members feel obligated to hint that the FWC monitors the forums and will come knocking at your door!?? That is complete nonsense!!!!
    a) the FS Forum does not have my address or phone number or even my only email address

b) I am assuming the FWC budget does not include facial recognition technology

A photo here is documentation....and cases have been made on forums and facebook / instagram / myspace / snapchat et al...

Thank God for the stupidity to post your stupid stuff to the net!

You don't really think that you can be on the WWW and be untrackable do you?...Really? ... do you think FS or anyone else won't give up your ISP in a second? :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • theglide96theglide96 Posts: 767 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    A photo here is documentation....and cases have been made on forums and facebook / instagram / myspace / snapchat et al...

Thank God for the stupidity to post your stupid stuff to the net!

You don't really think that you can be on the WWW and be untrackable do you?...Really? ... do you think FS or anyone else won't give up your ISP in a second? :rotflmao

WHHHAAATTTT??? are you saying that the interweb is NOT anonymous?? This is news to me!!

I keep forgetting that a large portion of forum members (well the individuals that overreact) are unable to rationalize anything...ever! Oh, and these individuals typically are incapable of recognizing sarcasm as well. Oh, and take themselves and everything ever incredibly serious...its no laughing matter..ever...stop laughing...STOP IT!!

Look...I have no doubt that criminal cases have risen from stupidity posted on the web! I am saying that in the case of fish and wildlife it is unlikely a governing body (the FWC for our purposes) tracks down someone who "mishandled" or "harvested" a single snook. People riding manatees...YES! People poaching alligators...YES!! People keeping absurd amounts of fish past the limit...YES!! So to vaguely threaten FWC action is ridiculous...and is consistently brought up in threads such as this.

Does anyone else envision a giant FWC Internet Operations Joint Task Force with hundreds of people scurrying around passing papers to and fro? the 12ft tall LED screens rifling through keywords on social media....waiting...hoping....someone says..."not slot, bro"?? HAL catches a post from the South section of FS Forum and screens start flashing....a special FWC home entry unit is deployed from a remote black site...doors are kicked in..people tazed (Dont taze me bro!!)... a guy in a suit walks in..."Stand down men"...and hands some kid a possession of illegal gamefish citation??..."pay the fine, or set a hearing date sir. Have a good day." LOL
  • mitchellmastermitchellmaster Posts: 363 Officer
    There's ''teams'' of people..TEAMS I TELL YA !!
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,219 Admiral
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    For really. It being dead, in your posession, with intent to take it home. Thats illegal. It being dead and oversized, not illegal.

That picture doesnt show intent. It does document a nice catch though.

And for reference. I saw a guy at the Boynton inlet reel in half of what could have been a 40+ inch snook. Shark cut it clean in half. He took a photo with the other half. Obviously it was dead. Is that illegal?

Freeliner, to clarify things and to save you trouble in the future.....an oversized, deceased Snook in your possession is all the "intent" that's needed. The law states - possession, not intent.
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Freeliner, to clarify things and to save you trouble in the future.....an oversized, deceased Snook in your possession is all the "intent" that's needed. The law states - possession, not intent.
    If I reel in a dead oversized snook I will have no problem pulling it out of the water in front of an FWC officer.

The definition of possession is key. Being on the shore bank or a pier is not possession. If it were this simple you'd have to snap every oversized snook off at the side of the pier when you catch them. Almost all of them need reviving after a pier fight.

It in your cooler is possession which shows intent on keeping it. Or in your car. Or a long way from the water.
    Harvest??
    Harvest??
    Ah! Thats the word ive been missing!
  • a little knotsa little knots Posts: 1,222 Officer
    BD27 wrote: »
    I disagree 100 % .

From what I read in JettyPark posts is a concern for the fishery as well as a concern for anglers safety . I have also read posts from him that were detailed giving helpful information to members that have posted questions . IMO when he does get on someone , they usually deserved it ! IMO he is more helpful than harmful and I do not know him personally

X 2 .... I've never seen him post bad advice !!
    you go ...JETTY ....:Rockon

Food for thought ..maybe that snook was sick it is
    what would be considered top of the slot for a female
    common snook !! Old age will eventually get everyone !!
    (If you make it !!:shrug)!!!
    Not to mention .... it hit a frozen finger mullet !!!
    It had to be close to death !!
    (Not the greatest snook bait ) !!
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    From "Jump Street"......

Let's just use the word "Hinkey" here for this tale of woe..... cause that's what it is.... it appears convoluted and contrived.....using the statements of other posters to build on.

Sure! Let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt......let's double over backwards...... but let's not stand there....have someone pizz on you hat and announce to everyone here that it's raining.

This thread is now 8 pages long and I have yet to see where anyone said that the fish was released back into the water....or am, I wrong?

Yep! There was a few of us who immediately said that the fish was dead....no big deal...fish die all the time....., but without a iota of thought came those who disclaimed what we said as being "mean spirited".......nothing could be farther from the truth.....

Let's read something that was posted by the OP and see if you can catch on...

"Thanks for all of the replies. The story behind the fish is I hooked it on a frozen finger mullet that I had caught a few days prior, yes she did bang her self up in the fight and when I did get her to the edge the thrashed some more which threw the hook. I thought she broke away but seconds later she resurfaced and was going belly up. At that time someone had lent us a net to get her out of the water , then I took her down by the rocks and went in the water with the fish trying to revive her I have it about 15 mins and nothing so there after is when I took the photo. And yes JB causeway "

Now go to the first post's picture and tell me ...."Why aren't his pants wet?"

Can you go "into the water" ....for "15 minutes".....and not get wet pants?....I know I can't.

And he might be telling the truth that "he" doesn't eat seafood......but Good God Almighty......his buddy sure does look hungry....:rotflmao

So think about it all of you "would be "**** Tracy's"....and then let's forget about it....
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
  • FowlMouth824FowlMouth824 Posts: 367 Deckhand
    Schmidty wrote: »

Now go to the first post's picture and tell me ...."Why aren't his pants wet?"

Can you go "into the water" ....for "15 minutes".....and not get wet pants?....I know I can't.

And he might be telling the truth that "he" doesn't eat seafood......but Good God Almighty......his buddy sure does look hungry....:rotflmao

So think about it all of you "would be "**** Tracy's"....and then let's forget about it....

This is the most astute observation in this entire thread....
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,966 Captain
    Agreed. Jettypark is one of the greatest on here. King of kings. He lives to slam some poor kid like myself that are too stupid op.
    > fix it for you.....

I guess you left your tampon on too long again :blowkiss psssssssss and quit following me around>> :grin
    if you knew how to READ you wouldn't be so stupid with those replies of yours... again READ what he wrote..
    and I only point things out when stupid people come here/post something stupid and then we are suppose to
    take them for their word.. when we point out the dumb chit they did and than they come back and
    spin another story on us...:banghead

just like PHOTO> Another bright person that can't read.... I never once said I Physically took a fish away
    from somebody.... they gave the fish to me... but only once my LEO friends (that fish with me) pulled out their
    badges (Gun was also in plain sight LOL and maybe that help)...but noooooo you would stand your ground and
    not give up that over slot snook right??? we'll wait for you **** comment on that one

I guess AquaRooster and his side kick PHOTO.... hate it when others call people out for doing Stupid chit like
    keeping over slot snook out of the water too long... or anything else that protects our water...

But you know what they say> People who get upset about things like what I say or do... also tend to do stupid
    chit and that's why it bothers them.... I must've hit a nerve... I'm sorry :blowkiss NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
    Jettypark wrote: »
    > fix it for you.....

I guess you left your tampon on too long again :blowkiss psssssssss and quit following me around>> :grin
    if you knew how to READ you wouldn't be so stupid with those replies of yours... again READ what he wrote..
    and I only point things out when stupid people come here/post something stupid and then we are suppose to
    take them for their word.. when we point out the dumb chit they did and than they come back and
    spin another story on us...:banghead

just like PHOTO> Another bright person that can't read.... I never once said I Physically took a fish away
    from somebody.... they gave the fish to me... but only once my LEO friends (that fish with me) pulled out their
    badges (Gun was also in plain sight LOL and maybe that help)...but noooooo you would stand your ground and
    not give up that over slot snook right??? we'll wait for you **** comment on that one

I guess AquaRooster and his side kick PHOTO.... hate it when others call people out for doing Stupid chit like
    keeping over slot snook out of the water too long... or anything else that protects our water...

But you know what they say> People who get upset about things like what I say or do... also tend to do stupid
    chit and that's why it bothers them.... I must've hit a nerve... I'm sorry :blowkiss NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!! perfect segue....

I have been curious about this tampon thing and I am glad you cleared it up. I'd always thought they were used IN something (i.e. the gaff hole of a tourney winning kingfish; or to plug the hole of a mishandled/stabbed ****), but in fact they are used ON things!?! This thread has blown my mind and enlightened me in many ways!! So did he leave it ON his stove too long? Or maybe he left it ON his mantle? Do they go bad after a certain PERIOD of time? So many new questions!

Dadgum I love this forum...there is no better entertainment anywhere!! Reading boring CNN articles and local news...blah...blah...blah! I want forum vitriol over a pic of a "presumed" dead snook! Personal attacks!! Veiled threats!! Ahhh...it like 0600 soaps...love it!!
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,966 Captain
    LOL.... we have to enjoy ourselves somehow in this crazy world and what better way than a Forum...
    But if you really want to get a laugh or get your eyes bleeding... jump in the politics section :grin
    now that's entrainment...

and as far as the tampon go... psssss they also have the ones that lay on the soft kitty...not all are insert and
    since I'm a friendly type of person... I kept with that one... but if I wasn't a christian... I would've really
    let loose... :grin

Oh it also helps to have a few drinks before you even come to any forum.... trust me it makes everything so
    much funnier....
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,162 Admiral
    I guess I need some drinks! :)
    Split shot .... im wit ya !!!

(;;;;;;;;;;;:beer;;;;;;;;;;;)
  • dbraves8dbraves8 Posts: 239 Officer
    In his defense both people in picture have no shoes on and pants rolled up along with what appears to be wet cement where he walked. I dont know many people who go shoeless while fishing on a pier.... you know he didnt want to get his J's wet lol.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,466 Moderator
    All the sniping and nit picking has gone on for long enough. The question posed by the OP was answered at about post 3
This discussion has been closed.