Home Politics

Most Adults Fail 5th Grade Science Test

135

Replies

  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    mikev wrote: »
    And probably the biggest common sense idiot ever. Basically she's saying that "you don't need to know what going on behind the scenes. Just follow the steps."

    Good advice? Not at all.


    Actually that is not really what she said. You may be good at math but you suck at reading comprehension.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Actually that is not really what she said. You may be good at math but you suck at reading comprehension.

    You've heard of the term "paraphrase" I presume? And you can't possibly believe what she said, not in any profession that you want to excel at.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Tell us why a plant taxonomist relies on math.

    You are changing the game again. First it was botanist and ecologist and now it is plant taxonimist. Sooooooo, which is it? Apparently you don't even know what you are.

    I will choose. I choose botany and ecology because that is the original point.

    I already answered your question, but I will summarize: spacial analysis, statistical analysis, population analysis & projection, summary statistics........

    Shall I continue?
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    You are changing the game again. First is was botanist and ecologist and now it is plant taxonimist. Sooooooo, which is it? I will choose: botany and ecology.

    I already answered your question, but I will summarize: spacial analysis, statistical analysis, population analysis & projection, summary statistics........

    Shall I continue?

    OK, so you don't really know what a botanist is.

    Like I said in my earlier post. Stats.

    I am a plant taxonomist and plant ecologist. I restore ecosystems and monitor the restoration results. I spend A LOT OF TIME fixing screw ups by the engineers who spec the wrong plants in the wrong places all the time. Probably because they did not use a calculator ha ha. No, because they have no clue about what plants like and why.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Like I said in my earlier post. Stats.

    I will remember to comment on any of your reports or professional papers since you don't do any spacial analysis depending on calc or trig (GIS or GPS or Boolean Algebra.)
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    I will remember to comment on any of your reports or professional papers since you don't do any spacial analysis depending on calc or trig (GIS or GPS or Boolean Algebra.)

    No. I hire peons to do that rote work for me. I am the brains behind the operation, not the number crunching grunt.

    I just wish more engineers would hire plant ecologist instead of trying to wing it.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    More WE elitist, 'degreed', puffery ;)
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    OK, so you don't really know what a botanist is.

    Like I said in my earlier post. Stats.

    I am a plant taxonomist and plant ecologist. I restore ecosystems and monitor the restoration results. I spend A LOT OF TIME fixing screw ups by the engineers who spec the wrong plants in the wrong places all the time. Probably because they did not use a calculator ha ha. No, because they have no clue about what plants like and why.

    I know no engineers that spec plant. I seriously doubt you do. If you do PM me their names, thank you. If you don't PM me some names then I will assume you are pulling crap out of your **** again.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    I am the brains behind the operation

    That is a very scary thought.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    More WE elitist, 'degreed', puffery ;)

    Yep. Nothing wrong this that. When you're right like I am, you're right. Thank you for recognizing my rightness. :grin
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    mikev wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be you know. That Manson guy.....

    Not sure what it is, it's not sure either.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    I know no engineers that spec plant. I seriously doubt you do. If you do PM me their names, thank you. If you don't PM me some names then I will assume you are pulling crap out of your **** again.

    They do when they are too cheap to hire subs or they are just incompetent.

    Dealing with Faller, Davis Assoc issues currently. Disclaimer - could be their clients issues, who knows?
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Yep. Nothing wrong this that. When you're right like I am, you're right. Thank you for recognizing my rightness. :grin

    You are rarely correct.

    You still haven't addressed claims of 'high paid engineering' pedigree ;)
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    They do when they are too cheap to hire subs or they are just incompetent.

    Dealing with Faller, Davis Assoc issues currently.

    Making the statement and putting it in public forum was not very smart or professional. Please recall I asked you to PM me the names. However, it does point to your level of professionalism, reading comprehension and hubris.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    You're just as connected to your work persona and just don't know it yet :)
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    You are rarely correct.

    Wrong, you are.
    greggl wrote: »
    You still haven't addressed claims of 'high paid engineering' pedigree ;)

    I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    You're just as connected to your work persona and just don't know it yet :)

    For stalkers maybe.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    Making the statement and putting it in public forum was not very smart or professional. Please recall I asked you to PM me the names. However, it does point to your level of professionalism, reading comprehension and hubris.

    I don't know why it is any different than saying "Dealing with Toyota issues".

    Anyway, here are some well paid engineers.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Nope... just Google. Or Facebook.

    Connecting is what they do... it's ALL they do :)
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    greggl wrote: »
    Tell me where I'm wrong. You make $145k or so, Im guessing?

    This.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    I don't know about the #2 and #3 frames but the guy in the first frame is very well paid for a blue collar guy.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,015 AG
    I don't know about the #2 and #3 frames but the guy in the first frame is very well paid for a blue collar guy.

    :wink
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    You make $145k or so, Im guessing?

    If this is directed at me, keep guessing.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    It'll stand for a high end in Florida as you can relocate ace talent from anywhere for above 120k.

    Is not that high. Two years of IT and some can pull that at a large enough corporation.

    The STEM training isn't that huge of a bump over a really good waiter or bartender :)

    Dam Doctorate will only get 60k in a state position. Private sector average is even lower.

    Doctorate range is realistically 47 to 145k. That's it and it's a crapshoot along that scale.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    It'll stand for a high end in Florida as you can relocate ace talent from anywhere for above 120k.

    Is not that high. Two years of IT and some can pull that at a large enough corporation.

    The STEM training isn't that huge of a bump over a really good waiter or bartender :)

    Dam Doctorate will only get 60k in a state position. Private sector average is even lower.

    Doctorate range is realistically 47 to 145k. That's it and it's a crapshoot along that scale.

    The interwebs can only offer so much information, unless you really know where to dig.

    Those look like run of the mill 2007 numbers for typical run-of-the-mill line workers, if these are suppose to be engineers numbers, and they aren't. Oh, and you are forgetting a lot of pertinent information such as equity, being in a management role, kickers for nailing a large contract, etc. So if you want, keep guessing. Stick with me, I'll edjumicate you. :grin

    I wouldn't pull my boots on for any of those numbers. How am I suppose to afford that fancy college in Chicago with any of those salaries?

    Oh, and what is a Dam Doctorate?
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Yeah.. 145k tops and then you start piling on management incentives.

    You're not even talking about engineering anymore but business ownership...
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    Yeah.. 145k tops and then you start piling on management incentives.

    You're not even talking about engineering anymore but business ownership...

    If you weren't talking about business ownership, maybe I should become a plumber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    Yeah.. 145k tops and then you start piling on management incentives.

    You're not even talking about engineering anymore but business ownership...

    Sorry, but you are wrong again. Gotta have right edjumications and letters after the name or they don't let you play the game even at the ownership level, so yes, "engineer."

    FYI, I just got my nephew a job right out of FSU with a mechanical degree, that will be in the range of $90K after all incentives, bonuses, OT and crazy stupid hours. Unusual money for a new graduate, but one example of how your figures are low.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Master Plumber should cap out around 90k.

    A specialist with 24 hour service needs partners or employees of some sort. That OPERATION would realistically pull down around 160K.
    Big gear and equipment outlay though.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Sorry, but you are wrong again. Gotta have right edjumications and letters after the name or they don't let you play the game even at the ownership level, so yes, "engineer."

    Counter with numbers then.

    Yours sound fake.
Sign In or Register to comment.