Hillsboro Inlet 9/28 Report

Decided to take the family out and do a little reef trolling about a mile out since it was looking a little rough for 7 and 8 year olds.

Got out on the water around 9 am and began trolling north to boynton with some bullet head lures and some cigar weights. Ran almost all the way to boynton and no bite. Turned an about face and switched to ballyhoo (2 naked on the riggers) and one skirted with a blue/white islander in the prop wash.

About 10 minutes into heading south at about 160 feet, wham the starboard rigger gets hammered and was running hard. My first thought was wahoo, but when I put the pressure on him, he gave up pretty easy. So then I thought a **** bonita. Got him close to the boat and saw the famous V shape mouth on top of the water! a King and good size one at that! I was shocked since I was using 80lb Diamond fluorocarbon for the leader, but the hook was literally through the top of his mouth. What luck!

Got him to the side of the boat and pulled him in with the help of my crew!

Got set back up and 10 min later, the port rigger gets nailed and he ran for about 10 seconds and then he cut the fluorocarbon off this time, more like the king fish way.

All in all a good day for four hours on the water fishing, and then taking the kiddos to the beach and let them play for a few hours.

All my kings get donated to TLUV for his world famous fish dip. It is by far the best fish dip in Florida! Thanks TLUV!

Team BUNZY doing work again this weekend!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Replies