River Marine Supply Moving Sale - price drop

Guys,

I do not want to take any product from our present location to the new store so just reduced prices, again!
Am not replenishing our stock, so once an item sells out, its out.
Barely over cost so take advantage.

Rafael
River Marine Supply
260 SW 6 ST
Miami 33130

Replies

• DirtySouthDirtySouth Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Be better if it was at cost and cheaper, just saying!
  • floridascubafloridascuba Posts: 94 Deckhand
    May have to try and come by at lunch. Just a few blocks from work. But what I would be interested has probably already been sold.
  • Catch-N-RunCatch-N-Run Posts: 178 Officer
    any updates on what merchandise you still have? I am interested in some penn reels and fishing materials but i dont want to make the drive if there is none in stock.
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    any updates on what merchandise you still have? I am interested in some penn reels and fishing materials but i dont want to make the drive if there is none in stock.

Last trip I made wasn't worth the fuel.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Just bought a macerater pump for $132, my price after discount at BOW was $157, I was already down there though
  • JI SnookJI Snook Posts: 676 Officer
    Where is this new store you speak of. Looks to me like a total liquidation sale.
    Last trip I made wasn't worth the fuel.

Thank you for the advice sir!

:grin
  • tiburontiburon Posts: 89 Deckhand
    Was there today and it seems to me if you do not want to "take any product from your present location" you need to drop the prices to where it is worth driving all the way to your place, I have been to many places where they really wanted to clean out the inventory and prices were dropped 40-50% not 10-15% on select items, common Rafael get serious bro.
    thank you for the update tiburon! You saved me a 1/4 tank of gas!
  • danmanswagdanmanswag Posts: 515 Officer
    tiburon wrote: »
    Was there today and it seems to me if you do not want to "take any product from your present location" you need to drop the prices to where it is worth driving all the way to your place, I have been to many places where they really wanted to clean out the inventory and prices were dropped 40-50% not 10-15% on select items, common Rafael get serious bro.

this...smh
  • PHOTOPHOTO Posts: 145 Officer
    Certain items are significantly reduced. I purchased a 7'0 Star Plasma from them last week for $119 including tax, I can buy the exact same rod online right now at AllTackle.com for $289. They also had the NEW Daiwa Ballistic 4000 for $164. Aaaand I also got a large bottle of Woody Wax for $17, normal price is $31, West Marine price is $40+.

My biggest beef is that nothing is marked and you have absolutely no idea what the price will ring up. With that said, 90 percent of their inventory is a mere 10-15% off. It's comical, because in the fishing department the kid swears everything is being sold at cost, which is hilarious to me as the reel prices are about the same as at Hopkins Carter before any discount.

If you do go, put the time in and annoy the **** out of them by having them ring stuff up for you to check on the price. You should score a couple items for cheap, but don't expect a fire sale.

I also heard that they will not be reopening at all, regardless of what any of them tell you. So expect the real liquidation to happen before Christmas or at the Boat Show.
  • JI SnookJI Snook Posts: 676 Officer
    PHOTO wrote: »
    Certain items are significantly reduced. I purchased a 7'0 Star Plasma from them last week for $119 including tax, I can buy the exact same rod online right now at AllTackle.com for $289. They also had the NEW Daiwa Ballistic 4000 for $164. Aaaand I also got a large bottle of Woody Wax for $17, normal price is $31, West Marine price is $40+.

My biggest beef is that nothing is marked and you have absolutely no idea what the price will ring up. With that said, 90 percent of their inventory is a mere 10-15% off. It's comical, because in the fishing department the kid swears everything is being sold at cost, which is hilarious to me as the reel prices are about the same as at Hopkins Carter before any discount.

If you do go, put the time in and annoy the **** out of them by having them ring stuff up for you to check on the price. You should score a couple items for cheap, but don't expect a fire sale.

I also heard that they will not be reopening at all, regardless of what any of them tell you. So expect the real liquidation to happen before Christmas or at the Boat Show.

For as long as River Marine has been in business, I have to believe this may be an IRS liquidation of the business. They are trying to get the maximum price for everything under the lie of deep discounts. Many items cannot be deep discounted due to MAP agreements with vendors such as Shimano.
  • Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 997 Officer
    IF this was an IRS liquidation, do you REALLY think that they'd care about MAP Agreements with Shimano? Cmon Any smart businessman would sell the product for as much as he could, when the last minute comes, THAT'S when the mega discount will happen. You people are trying to drum up a conspiracy theory. I don't think this warrants that. I went in there the other day and there was still plenty of stuff on the shelves. I got what I needed, got a discount and went home...
    JI Snook wrote: »
    For as long as River Marine has been in business, I have to believe this may be an IRS liquidation of the business. They are trying to get the maximum price for everything under the lie of deep discounts. Many items cannot be deep discounted due to MAP agreements with vendors such as Shimano.

They sold the entire property for MILLIONS, which is the reason for their relocation/closure to begin with. LMAO at RIVER MARINE giving a flying **** about MAP agreements with Shimano. You must be a white guy from Ft Lauderdale.
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,118 Captain
    Hoping they move South

:crossed

Capt Harry is already too far, would love for River to come down this way
    marlin_baitball.gif
  • DefmanDefman Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Bought two 12" Taco cast nets for $30 each - the nets were in cracked buckets but the net itself was fine - so they will find a new home in a 5 gallon in my garage. Thought that was a pretty good deal - while I was there someone bought seven or eight - and cleaned them out. Agree it is a pain to keep checking prices - but with the massive amount of stuff on the shelves, they would be retagging stuff this next summer.
  • danmanswagdanmanswag Posts: 515 Officer
    PHOTO wrote: »

do you even fish, bro?
  • HooganHoogan Posts: 537 Officer
    tiburon wrote: »

I'm not surprised....
    Do you know what kind of discount River Marine employees get ?
    Try a measly 7%.
    danmanswag wrote: »
    do you even fish, bro?

lol... harsh..
    Heard a rumor they're merging/buying with Hopkins Carter.
  • RafaelRafael Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    Guys,

As mentioned in a few post there are some items with small discounts but the majority have been significantly discounted.
    For example, All the Awlgrip and Pettit paints are at cost.
    I am not giving inventory away but my prices are the best you will find.
    Inventory is dwindling down on a daily basis so those of you who wait will miss out.
    Prices will not be reduced further.
    No sales will be conducted at this location after December 1.
    Prices will be back to normal at the new location.
  • lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,217 Officer
    I'm looking for large amounts of glow sticks
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    Rafael wrote: »
    Guys,

As mentioned in a few post there are some items with small discounts but the majority have been significantly discounted.
    For example, All the Awlgrip and Pettit paints are at cost.
    I am not giving inventory away but my prices are the best you will find.
    Inventory is dwindling down on a daily basis so those of you who wait will miss out.
    Prices will not be reduced further.
    No sales will be conducted at this location after December 1.
    Prices will be back to normal at the new location.

new location? so if your moving how come you have not advertised the new store location?

honestly i have not gone to your store because this story we keep hearing sounds like fraud and your just searching for customers.:huh
    THEY SHOULD FLY A BANNER IF THEY WANT STUFF GONE BRO.
  • SnooknSnookn Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Sounds very Fishy!
  • triplejstriplejs Posts: 201 Deckhand
    Not sure why all the doubts or bashing, River Marine is moving. They also have some of the best prices on regular days so this sale is an even better opportunity to save some money. I have no affiliation but know their pricing is good and even better now.
  • pipo6007pipo6007 Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    Any update on the "new location" ?
  • calabachercalabacher Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Does anyone know if they opened a new store yet? There web site is still up but have been trying
    for days to get an answer on phone.

John
  • D E E PD E E P Posts: 1,625 Moderator
    I use the GPS WAZE app. When I typed marine it gave me;
    River Marine Supply Inc.
    1680 NW 82nd Ave
    Doral, Fl

It looks as if their move is not complete.