Home Politics

Ben Carson says Anarchy may Force Cancellation Of 2016 Election

SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
Dr. Ben Carson, a popular Tea Party activist and Fox News contributor who says he will likely seek the Republican nomination for president in 2016, said on Sunday that he is seriously concerned that there will not be 2016 elections in the United States because the country could be in anarchy by that point. His reasons: the growing national debt, ISIS, and the U.S. Senate’s refusal to consider legislation passed by the GOP-controlled House of Representatives.

Host Chris Wallace noted that in light of his potential presidential campaign, Carson’s previous comments were now under a greater spotlight. He noted Carson’s August comment that if the Republicans don’t win a majority in the Senate this year, the 2016 elections might not even be held and asked the retired neurosurgeon if he stood by it:

WALLACE: You said recently that there might not even be elections in 2016 because of widespread anarchy. Do you really believe that?

CARSON: I hope that that’s not going to be the case. But certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The seed doesn't fall far from the tree . . the tactics of using fear continues by those on the right. Sad really. What's even worse are these "so called" libertarians will drink it up.

Replies

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    :rotflmao
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • Bacon for baitBacon for bait Posts: 593 Officer
    It's because he's black, isn't it... Racist much?
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    It's because he's black, isn't it... Racist much?

No, it's because he's a moron.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    No, it's because he's a moron.

You calling Ben Carson a moron is like a goldfish calling a Great White a minnow....:rotflmao
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    fins4me wrote: »
    You calling Ben Carson a moron is like a goldfish calling a Great White a minnow....:rotflmao

Care to post on the topic?
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    Why do you hate black people?
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    Anarchy over ISIS, put the bottle down Ben.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • aboveboredabovebored Posts: 1,291 Officer
    dstockwell wrote: »
    Anarchy over ISIS, put the bottle down Ben.
    He's probably referring to our economy imploding due to devaluation of the dollar.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Ben was such an awesome Doctor. What happened to him that he became nuttier than squirrel terds.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    abovebored wrote: »
    He's probably referring to our economy imploding due to too devaluation of the dollar.
    Exactly why we shouldn't be there. Goal of terrorists is to bankrupt us - plan working.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Ben was such an awesome Doctor. What happened to him that he became nuttier than squirrel terds.

Political activity does something strange to intelligent people.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,615 AG
    Obama was supposed to declare himself king if he won re-election. Now it is, ifwe don't elected Republican we will have anarchy.

It shows desperation on the Tea Party conservative movement to convince people to vote for their candidate. They can't win on the issues so that they go with, vote for us or you will have anarchy.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Political activity does something strange to intelligent people.

Yup!
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    Dr. Ben Carson is an educated, accomplished conservative. That's one strike against him from the lwnj's.
    Dr. Ben Carson is a black conservative. Two strikes by the lwnj's.
    Dr. Ben Carson is a private citizen, not on the taxpayer dole. Three strikes.
    He publically challenged Obama on Obamacare...unforgivable.

If, however, he was supported by taxpayers, not a private citizen, white and part of the Washington Democrat elite...wonder if the same lwnj's would complain if he said the following...

“Fear is a motivator, and we are not fear-mongers. The Democrats are messengers of hope, and that’s what we will continue to be.” (Nancy Pelosi to Bill Maher, 9/15)...and during the same interview...

[video=youtube_share;cWHMB0w2Qkg]

In case you missed it - Pelosi, a public-financed professional politician, Obamacare architect, of 'pass it before we know what's in it' fame, states that 'civilization as we know it would be in jeopardy if the Republicans gain the Senate', yet assures us the Democrats are not fear-mongers.

Riiiight!!
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    Gl, I know Carson is brilliant fellow, but he did say something stupid (in the name of politics).
    Vote for the other candidate
    Grady-lady wrote: »
    Dr. Ben Carson is an educated, accomplished conservative. That's one strike against him from the lwnj's.
    Dr. Ben Carson is a black conservative. Two strikes by the lwnj's.
    Dr. Ben Carson is a private citizen, not on the taxpayer dole. Three strikes.
    He publically challenged Obama on Obamacare...unforgivable.

If, however, he was supported by taxpayers, not a private citizen, white and part of the Washington Democrat elite...wonder if the same lwnj's would complain if he said the following...

“Fear is a motivator, and we are not fear-mongers. The Democrats are messengers of hope, and that’s what we will continue to be.” (Nancy Pelosi to Bill Maher, 9/15)...and during the same interview...

[video=youtube_share;cWHMB0w2Qkg]

In case you missed it - Pelosi, a public-financed professional politician, Obamacare architect, of 'pass it before we know what's in it' fame, states that 'civilization as we know it would be in jeopardy if the Republicans gain the Senate', yet assures us the Democrats are not fear-mongers.

Riiiight!!

Sad that you have to attack someone because the best candidate that you guys are fielding is a idiot.

A brilliant person does not mean they can tie their shoes, or lead, or not say stupid stuff. As for the rest . . it is just pathetic ramblings.
  • No, it's because he's a moron.

No shortage of those here!
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,279 Captain
    It sounds as if this clown has been operating on his own brain, and not very well.

A brilliant person does not mean they can tie their shoes, or lead, or not say stupid stuff. As for the rest . . it is just pathetic ramblings.

True that...we've had a great example these past six years!!! :grin

Anyway, I'll see your fear mongering Dr. private citizen Ben, and raise you one fear mongering former Speaker of the House and current House Minority Leader 'civilization-as-we-know-it-would-be-in-jeopardy-if-the-Republicans-gain-the-Senate' Nancy Pelosi.

'Course clear thinking, reasonable folk would say there's no comparison in the weight of the words of a citizen and a powerful politician (the highest-ranking female politician in American history, according to wiki).
    So...what say you?
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I hope he runs & wins... It's past time this country had it's 1st (good) Black President...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    True that...we've had a great example these past six years!!! :grin

Anyway, I'll see your fear mongering Dr. private citizen Ben, and raise you one fear mongering former Speaker of the House and current House Minority Leader 'civilization-as-we-know-it-would-be-in-jeopardy-if-the-Republicans-gain-the-Senate' Nancy Pelosi.

'Course clear thinking, reasonable folk would say there's no comparison in the weight of the words of a citizen and a powerful politician (the highest-ranking female politician in American history, according to wiki).
    So...what say you?

I say I didn't know you hated accomplished and educated women that are successful.
    I hope he runs & wins... It's past time this country had it's 1st (good) Black President...

Won't matter . . he will still be handcuffed by the house and senate just as Obama has been.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Ben is wrong on this, Obama phones, EBT cards and social media will pacify the masses. Bread and games worked for hundreds of years.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    Ben is wrong on this, Obama phones, EBT cards and social media will pacify the masses. Bread and games worked for hundreds of years.

If only that were the voter demographic. If only.....
    I say I didn't know you hated accomplished and educated women that are successful.

There's probably quite a lot you don't know, but...speaking of hating accomplished and educated women...can you believe that Nancy Pelosi, former Speaker of the House, current House Minority Leader and, according to wiki, the 'the highest-ranking female politician in American history'...in an interview with Bill Maher actually said...

"Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if the Republicans win the Senate.”, and then went on to say...
    "Fear is a motivator, and we are not fear-mongers. The Democrats are messengers of hope, and that’s what we will continue to be.”
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/12/nancy-pelosi-civilization-in-jeopardy-if-gop-takes-senate-video/

yep, 'the seed doesn't fall far from the tree' all right...:willynilly

There's probably quite a lot you don't know, but...speaking of hating accomplished and educated women...can you believe that Nancy Pelosi, former Speaker of the House, current House Minority Leader and, according to wiki, the 'the highest-ranking female politician in American history'...in an interview with Bill Maher actually said...

"Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if the Republicans win the Senate.”, and then went on to say...
    "Fear is a motivator, and we are not fear-mongers. The Democrats are messengers of hope, and that’s what we will continue to be.”
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/12/nancy-pelosi-civilization-in-jeopardy-if-gop-takes-senate-video/

yep, 'the seed doesn't fall far from the tree' all right...:willynilly

Truth is not fear mongering. All the work that has been done in the past 6 or so years could be immediately set America back by decades if the GOP gains 60+ control of the senate and retains the house. However short of that, I agree with Bill, we'll just filibuster like the GOP has done.

I guess I should ask . . do you disagree with her? Presuming the GOP Senate would get 60?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Truth is not fear mongering. All the work that has been done in the past 6 or so years could be immediately set America back by decades if the GOP gains 60+ control of the senate and retains the house. However short of that, I agree with Bill, we'll just filibuster like the GOP has done.

I guess I should ask . . do you disagree with her? Presuming the GOP Senate would get 60?

What work???
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"