west winds

if there are west winds in the forecast, what do you guys normally target? Would you still run offshore to try to find weed lines?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 DUSKY 227XF SUZUKI 175

Replies

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,070 Officer
    Sleep.....NO.
  • gsweavergsweaver Posts: 847 Officer
    maybe then fish the mullet run inshore?
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    bottom
  • Nomad 28Nomad 28 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Weed lines will probably be pushed out. Way out!
    Capt. Orlando Muniz

www.fishingchartermiami.com
    786-266-0171
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,380 Moderator
    Stay home Don't waste the gas
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,130 AG
    I'd rather fish a west wind than stay at home. But, I'd probably bottom fish.
  • "Wind out of the West, Stay home and Rest!"
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,054 Officer
    "Wind out of the West, Stay home and Rest!"

I've also heard " wind out of the west, fishing is best" and "wind out of the east, fishing is least".
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    Love them west winds. Just don't expect what works for you in east winds to work during west winds.
  • floridascubafloridascuba Posts: 94 Deckhand
    West Winds means I can get my flats boat out and dive. So I normally spearfish or lobster during west winds.
  • gsweavergsweaver Posts: 847 Officer
    well I'm going to try on Thursday... I don't care.. I just need to get on the water (its been over 3 weeks do to a kitchen and floor remodel).
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,593 Captain
    Go for it you cant catch them sitting home.
  • wacanewacane Posts: 257 Deckhand
    there are fish to be caught on the west wind... while it usually ends up being a slower day you can stil make it happen. I like to live chum on days with a calm sea and westerly winds. Bring the fish to you. Gotta do something different if it isnt happening
  • flbluerunnerflbluerunner Posts: 703 Officer
    Normally don't like a west wind, fished yesterday in one, had a banner day. Lot's of gaffer mahi, skipjacks, had to work hard for blackfin.
    John :USA
    2006 38 Luhrs IPS600, A true 38, the only one made with IPS!
    2001 23 Parker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danmanswagdanmanswag Posts: 515 Officer
    My buddy is out of Miami today and caught a few slammers, including a 30lb bull

I fish whenever the seas allow me too....wind direction is at the bottom of the list of variables that effect fishing IMO. I pay attention to wind direction most when I am crossing to Bimini.

Sure weed lines may get pushed out....so you gotta use a little more gas lol, its fishing.

If you're really that worried about it, then take the recommendation of bottom fishing or diving.

/havent checked the wind yet, but regardless I'll be out there on Saturday