15th Street Boat Ramp?--Ft. Lauderdale

MADhatTERMADhatTER Posts: 29 Greenhorn
Can anyone comment on this?...

RE:15th Street Boat Ramp

back in March I received a $30 parking ticket at this ramp because "my truck and trailer exceeded 40 ft"..

I've been putting in there for years and never heard of this...It was explained that while they are doing renovation there they needed to be careful with available space, and that when the renovation was completed everything would return to normal.
Now I'm being told that this "parking rule" is going to stay in place...SO IN REVIEW:

A vehicle with attached trailer exceeding 40 ft can no longer use the 15th Street boat ramp?..
Why would they do over $1million in renovations if we can't use it anymore?
BTW my truck and trailer measure 41 ft...I have a 22 ft boat.

Rick

Replies

• mitchellmastermitchellmaster Posts: 363 Officer
    They are **** they don't want you going boating. how dare you !! Just like hollywood.
  • MADhatTERMADhatTER Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    nobody else finds this insane??
    the city of Ft. Lauderdale spent over 1 million dollars upgrading this boat ramp and now has decided we can't use it??!!

really?? 1 response? come on...am i missing something here?
    nobody else uses this boat ramp?..I grew up using this boat ramp..
    no one else?
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    MADhatTER wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on this?...

RE:15th Street Boat Ramp

back in March I received a $30 parking ticket at this ramp because "my truck and trailer exceeded 40 ft"..

Same deal at Dinner Key ramp in Miami. 40 ft. max rig length.

Also at Dinner Key, you can no longer pay for parking by cash or card. It's phone pay only now. You need the app. I guess that only smart phone users are permitted to boat in Biscayne Bay now?
  • MADhatTERMADhatTER Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    JIMinPB wrote: »

Also at Dinner Key, you can no longer pay for parking by cash or card. It's phone pay only now. You need the app. I guess that only smart phone users are permitted to boat in Biscayne Bay now?

So then who can use this ramp?..
    I'm thinking its a waverunner launch.

Whats the reason behind this decision?...why do they make this rule?
  • mitchellmastermitchellmaster Posts: 363 Officer
    Bunch of tree huggers prob.making a electric car charging lot out of the place
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    MADhatTER wrote: »
    So then who can use this ramp?..
    I'm thinking its a waverunner launch.

Whats the reason behind this decision?...why do they make this rule?

I don't know why they did it. In the past, I was happy to pay $10/day to park my trailer there. Now I launch there & park at a boat club up the street. It's just an added pain in the neck, especially when I am launching solo.
  • quatinquatin Posts: 598 Officer
    My buddies and I used to launch our kayaks out of 15th street and shoot out port everglades. One day, the construction guys blocked off all the car only parking slots. I called the city and they said construction is just going to mess up the whole parking situation for the next 3 years.
  • tailchaser16tailchaser16 Posts: 652 Officer
    JIMinPB wrote: »

Back in July the parking app didn't recognize the lot #. I had to use the keypad to pay. [email protected], anti-smartphone parking system!:banghead
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    I was thinking of using this ramp to launch my 31' Twinvee and then park my pick up with trailer.

Is the 40' limit true?

Has anyone had experience with this? My post is almost a year after the last post on this thread but was wondering.

Thanks

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Wra22Wra22 Posts: 144 Deckhand
    Whatever the government touches it turns to s**t.