Home Classifieds: Boats

2008 Everglades 240 CC Twin Honda 200s 800 Hours Fully Serviced, Detailed, Very Clean

I sell all types of boats & yachts for a living out of Jensen Beach, FL. This is one I wanted to get some feed back from the FS Community. I have a bunch to post if you guys are interested. I have flats boats to Sportfishes & airboats to Submarines, everything in between too.

If anyone is looking for a boat or needs help selling theirs please ask me about it. I have a fire hose of leads for all types of boats, plus we have almost 6,000 boats for sale. This is one. If it is in my area, I take all the photos, video, & build the listing. If it is not in my area, I can still list it, but will assign another local rep to build the site for it. We then put it on boat trader & over 160 other websites. It is free & you can cancel the listing anytime. People generally don't once I build their site. We charge a ten percent commission only if vessel closes. There is a minimum commission for boats under $25,000. The listing below is what my typical listing looks like.

Please let me know what you think. The seller kisses this Everglades good night every evening before bed for the most part. I can answer any questions you may have.

If you want me to help you find a boat, please get me your name, email, what you are looking for & I will send you what I have. If you know anyone looking for an Everglades like this, Please give me a shout. Take Care. Jeremy:fishing

http://www.popyachts.com/Boat/57970/For-Sale/Florida/Everglades/240-CC.html
Capt. Jeremy Neff

Captain, Mate Services, Inshore & Offshore Fishing Guide Since 2010,  

Marine Consulting & Sales since 2012,

Watersports Captain Club Med Sand Piper Bay Port St. Lucie, Jet Ski, River Boat, Dolphin, & Alligator Tour Guide, including Waterski, Wakeboard, Jet Ski, & Fly Blade Instructor since 2015, 

www.GoFishStuart.com

http://https//www.facebook.com/NeffMarineGroup/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandalay-Island-Charters/185520788162304?ref=stream

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• snookcooksnookcook Posts: 238 Deckhand
    Last thing, If you want me to look up the potential value of your boat or a boat, please just let me know. I subscribe to the BucValue which is what a surveyor looks at to help him determine the value of a boat at the survey. Surveyors generally avoid the NADA unless they have no choice. I can just email you a copy of the report. I need to know the Make, Model, & Year of the Boat, Motor, & Trailer, also the condition. Good, Bad, or Ugly. J.
    Capt. Jeremy Neff

Watersports Captain Club Med Sand Piper Bay Port St. Lucie, Jet Ski, River Boat, Dolphin, & Alligator Tour Guide, including Waterski, Wakeboard, Jet Ski, & Fly Blade Instructor since 2015, 

www.GoFishStuart.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandalay-Island-Charters/185520788162304?ref=stream

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,907 Captain
    Many won't even look at a boat listed by pop yachts......
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    94k??????????????
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Bottomfinder#1Bottomfinder#1 Posts: 1,021 Officer
    Too much money.
  • theglide96theglide96 Posts: 767 Officer
    nice ride. I just wish there were more pics of it! Ha
    nick wrote: »
    Many won't even look at a boat listed by pop yachts......

I have noticed that some folks have been frustrated.

I started a guide service in Stuart a few years ago. I was out almost everyday when they(The Army Corp. of Engineers), I am assuming, initially started dumping the water for the first time in a long time. (2-3 yrs). I couldn't keep shrimp alive in my live well mins. after picking up my charter! Then Charters Fell off the table since then! It was Hurricane Sandy that went by, then a month later another storm came by.

They dumped for nine months straight, stopped for a couple months, and dumped. They are still dumping! I also remember the storms disrupted the glass minnow run on the beach and killed the Tarpon, pompano, trout, & redfish bite. It was right around this time, the mullet run. After that it didn't help that at all the Bacteria signs at the boat ramps where I usually met my customers were posted saying don't touch the water! Plus, all the news about the Algae, forget it.

Most of my customers come from out of town generally. The marketing I am doing brings folks here from all over. Just about nobody who lives here needs a guide, almost nobody.

I have a family with small children & a freshman in H.S. Pop had an opportunity for me to start a Boat & Yacht Sales business where you pretty much work for yourself. I have always worked for myself for the last 25 years, so it seems natural for me. I like people & boats, some make me more happy than others, but that is another story.

Anyways, you get the picture. I saw that Pop Yachts was hiring. I always thought I would enjoy selling boats. Turns out I do. However, I have found that it is a completely, emotional business. It is like a double edged sword cut right through humanity! Just about no one needs a boat. I do. I couldn't live without one probably.

Generally, it is a luxury, it is entertainment, some use one to make a living. One thing it is not, an investment! People get mean & some are super awesome. Some folks are very shady & I can not control that, but most folks are nice & reasonable.

It is the same with the boats. There are some pretty mean boats out there & I mean that in a good way. Some are super sweet, some shady, but most are pretty good or normal. I am able to verify the tire pressure on a trailer that comes with a boat no matter where it is. It doesn't mater what you need to know, I can verify it for you. There is a broker assigned to each of the vessels. We can communicate very easily. That way we can determine if the boat is something you should pursue or not, saving you time and frustration.

I like to see what the seller will agree to before even going to the boat with a prospective buyer, it saves tons of time & there is no guessing wondering if. If the boat is not what you would like it to be after seeing it, there is no harm & now foul. You can retract the offer or come with a different one before deciding to put money down & spending money & time to inspect the boat.

One thing I learned from entering this business is it that it has been difficult to work a deal outside of our company with another brokerage or broker. There is no way I have been able to hold another broker or brokerage accountable. If I need info, good luck getting a call back I have found. It is not true for every single one, but in my experience, they don't want to split a commission maybe. Maybe they just don't like pop yachts, so they automatically don't like me. That is like anti human to me. I have found that some generally hate me just for being alive! They have never met me! That is not good business & all I want is good business. Who in their right mind doesn't?? There is quit a bit of ridiculousness out there that I have found. I have learned to steer clear as best I can, focus on my own business & move forward. It has been paying the bills so far despite the local river conditions. Also, not many companies will help you sell a boat if it is not worth it to them. Pop takes every as long as it runs. Check out the Sub I have.

I just closed on a 47' Davidson Convertible on the Hudson River this week. He picked it up yesterday & is heading to Buffalo right now. It is a four day trip for him. He was my buyer, is totally happy. Not to mention the boat is all aluminum! It was the biggest John boat I ever saw or didn't see as a matter of fact.

I have seen the brokers come and go in this company! It is tough def. I have been working for the company for two years now. My wife has been working with me for about a year now. She is licensed also. Basically, We have our own company, My wife & I. POP(means Paid On Performance), btw. They(Pop), hire brokers all over the country to rep. the boats for them. The new brokers don't always know that much about boats, but can communicate well according to them. Pop, wants you to be able to speak to someone about the boat and be able to verify any detail about the boat no mater where it is or where they are & at any time. If the broker doesn't respond to you in a certain amount of time, they bump you to another broker to get your question answered. They are super customer service oriented. They just can't control every single broker who essentially works for themselves.

The company tries earnestly to control us, but in reality we are on our own. They supply us with tons of boats to sell & tons of leads on them. I learned that I can not survive on the boats they give me alone & the only way to make it in my position is to list boats myself. They give me an extra percentage point when it sells. The one I sold today, I listed. I was referred to him. The Everglades, I sold his sons 31 Island Runner three weeks ago. He turned around and bought a small center console that my wife listed the same week he sold his, then asked me if I would list his Dads Everglades. Sounds like I am making a ton of money. I am not. It is going to take years, but I am in it for the long run.

I wanted to see what y'all though about Pop, believe me I get lots of other feed back. I have found that some folks don't understand how the company works, until I explain it to them do they have a better prospective. The system was created to help buyers keep track of the boats they like & they advertise the living crabs out of a boat. Their model is working for them.

When you go on the popyachts.com, they want to track all the traffic on the boat using something like google analytics. The owner of the company has his own proprietary, custom program that he adjusts daily. If the boat is not getting traffic, there is a good chance that there is not enough info, pictures, or not at the right price. After a certain amount of time, it is very clear that something has to give. I am clued in when the seller calls cussing me out, why haven't I sold his boat yet & he is canceling! Lol, I generally work with the sellers to price the boat accordingly. An email is generated to all that who have signed in to look at the boat. It lets you know that price has changed if you have ever signed in to look at the boat. Once the price gets to the right price, someone generally calls & we get the boat under contract. It truly is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. When it gets to the right price & checks out, it sells. Miraculous!

They ask you to sign in to see anything other than the info provided & the thumbnails of the photos. If you don't sign in, it tells the company that you are not really interested in a boat like that. If you do sign in, you have access to a free boat history report. You can see if it has ever been seized, sunk, or had any claims. Most importantly, the system also keeps track of what you see. Since we get almost 100 boats new on the site everyday, the system will send you boat notifications based on what you looked at. If we set your parameters, you will only get what you want to see. Whether it is a CC, WA, Two stroke, four stroke, etc. etc.

Once you ask a question or call one of us, the company assigns one of us to you based on our performance to get the answers you may request. If you are assigned to me, I set your parameters in the system right away, so you don't receive random emails of boats you could care less about. If you looked at a lobster boat because you thought it was cool, the system will start sending you others to look at if I don't set your parameters to what you are actually looking for. If you never talk to someone then you are probably receiving too many emails. I can shut of your emails off altogether if you are just looking for fun or something, I make sure you only get what you are looking for. I am also just a click away if needed. Even though Pop has almost 6,000 boats for sale now, there is still a limited supply of boats. The priced right boats sell & lots of junk starts to accumulate as well. There is a seat for every **** they say & I have found that to be very accurate.

Most of the nice boats sell right away if they are priced right. Generally it takes about 90 days. After that, we should consider lowering the price based on the traffic. It becomes a silent auction at that point. I operate on the principle that boats are worth as much as someone will pay for them. I don't really know what they are going to sell for. I have an idea, but it is up to the seller to let it go when we have a qualified buyer. I can see what a surveyor will see when he looks it up to determine the value. That helps, plus I have access to tons of comps. The whole process is like real-estate except you get your deposit back if you don't like the boat.

I would rather you give me your email, so I can claim you as a potential customer or contact, that way your frustration level will be greatly appeased. Otherwise, if you are in the system already, I would suggest continue working with who ever is helping you. Just communicate with them. If they are not helping you, you can totally request to be have a different rep. or complain. They will listen to you. They would terminate me if I tried to take other customers from the other brokers, but it is still in your hands.

Pop has so many boats, the brokers learn real quick or quit. We are all 1099 employees. We have our own business. I grew up fishing the SLI & surrounding area. I washed & waxed boats & yachts to help pay my way through college, mated locally & for some Bahama trips, helped win a tournament or two, I got my Capts. License, Deliver boats, & run my own inshore charter boat. It is a 1989 18' Dolphin Backcountry Skiff. I have a 1994 Yamaha, 150 Carbonated, Two Stroke that works like a champ, with close to 3-4 thousand hours on it. There is a chance I might know more than the average, newest greenhorn who comes aboard the company to start their very own yacht brokerage. Plus, I just closed on my 71st boat a few mins. ago. I am meeting the new owner to pick it up this afternoon.

When a broker quits, their listings are either re assigned to the closest rep. or sent to a central broker in the company who handles listing. The marketing stays in tact. Just because there is no one available to show the boat doesn't mean we wont' find a qualified buyer for the seller fairly quickly. The company has sold on a whole almost 1,300 boats already this year. They will probably end up selling close to 1,600. Their goal is to get to 2K. Last year they sold collectively, 1,060. I am averaging about 35 per year, but I just started for the most part.

Essentially, we all start a brokerage from scratch & we all support the main company. If folks have been rubbed the wrong way, it may have been because of an inexperience broker. I can tell you that you have total say as to who becomes your rep, whether you are a buyer or a seller. The company just wants everyone to be happy & satisfied. When you sign in & ask a question or call, that is when you get assigned. If you sign in & don't speak with someone, then you will get emails that you may not want. You have to speak up. It is just the way it is. Otherwise, I suggest you reply to one of the emails and ask that your emails be turned off or ask them to set your parameters asap.

When I started, I didn't realize that initially I would be starting my own actual brokerage, however, I have adjusted. It is basically sink or swim. I have been swimming in the St. Lucie River since I was Five. As of right now, I am still afloat. I basically work out of an office at my house, on my phone or my computer. I am seldom home because I am usually on a boat or meeting with folks.

All the other brokers who were brought on board for this area have not been able to establish themselves & have already quit because of how difficult it is. They are constantly hiring if anyone has any ideas. Starting any business from scratch is difficult. Problem is if the broker doesn't make money, they quit! That hurts me & leaves their customers frustrated sometimes. If they are frustrated, the broker who represents Pop may not have given folks the customer service the main company requires. Plus, when they start they are green! They may not know what they are doing yet because of the volume of leads & boats that Popyachts generates for their sales dept. It is staggering.

I have been able to navigate through the last couple of years & I plan on continuing. I get to be on a boat most of the time either showing, Mainly photographing it, then water trialing it, & attending the inspections. Everything else is done electronically, using my phone or Computer.

The guy in Ft. Pierce Quit, The Guy in Vero Quit, There hasn't been any one in Palm Beach County who has stuck yet. It is a tough business for sure. So, that makes me the only rep. standing from Palm Beach to Melbourne for the most part. I am closing on a 2004 Sea Quest 300 WA with Twin Yamaha 225s in Ft. P. Right now.

Closings happen at our main office in Sarasota, we all just get emails that it is closed. Once the seller can confirm the funds, the buyer is free to pick up the boat. Buyers have the right to a water trial, hull survey, haul out, & engine inspection before they decide to buy the boat.

When they get the inspection reports back, they can try to renegotiate or walk. Deposits are one hundred percent refundable. You have to have a ten percent deposit in to inspect the boat. All the boats are kept privately at the sellers homes or marinas, etc. If you want to see a boat, we would make an appointment. Pop does not have a lot or anything like that. They have a listing built and make sure the whole world can find it, verify the info, & close on it properly. I have sent three boats to Australia so far, one went to Mexico, Aruba, Taiwan, Canada, all over the US & local boats to locals. It is has been pretty amazing.

The sellers are responsible for setting their own prices, I ask them what they want, then look up the values & comps to compare. Sometimes folks want more that they are worth. Sometimes, there is a loan & the seller doesn't want to come to closing with funds, but the boat is still not worth it to a buyer. This happens quite frequently on original owner boats 2005-2006. If the boat is on the site for more than three months, there is a good chance we need to adjust the price.

The company makes everyone sign in to view the pictures. When the price is finally adjusted on a boat, the system will email you letting you know that the boat you looked at just had a price reduction. Same with pics & video. Most people might agree that they forget where they saw the boat. So the system keeps you in touch with the boats you care about.

I generally photo map my boats, so folks can see every last detail before wasting any time coming to see something they won't like. I can't control how another broker makes his listings. I can ask for specific photos though. Also, I can find out what the seller will actually take before you get there. I would rather us know what the seller will actually take when we are standing there looking at the boat together. They can decide if they want the boat for that after actually seeing it. This is especially if the boat is a good distance away from where you are coming from. We basically send the seller an offer using the email. The buyer will tell me what they might be willing to pay & I would email the buyer a .Pdf with the offer form in it. He would essentially doc u sign it. It will automatically come back to us and we will present the offer to the seller. If he takes it, he will signs it. The boat is under contract at that point, you would get an automatic email confirming it. No one can buy the boat or even see it until you do. If you want to come see it, you can travel knowing that you have the boat under contract.

Once the seller agrees to a price, at that point, a closing coordinator is assigned to the boat from headquarters to coordinate everything at that point, we ask for a deposit, then set up the inspections. I attend the inspections if it is my boat. The other broker attends them if it is not my listing. After the inspections, if you want the boat, we can close on it & you can come get it. If you don't want the boat, you get your money back, etc.

I basically have my own brokerage. They handle all the closings for the most part & all the marketing. One of the owners created a pretty amazing program to get the boats found online & give folks as much info on the boat a humanly possible.

If you google the 2008 Everglades 240 CC it will show up on almost every page right away. You wont be able to miss it if you are looking for something like this.

To answer your statement in short, I think if folks understood how the company works they may feel differently. The company is only five years old. They have experienced a fair amount of growing pains. They are doing something different than most brokerages on the side of the road or what is considered normal these days, I think. For the most part, I think they are doing good business. I think it is the reps. who didn't stick it out that hurt any chance folks may not want to use the site. Those Reps. are gone. Of course they are hiring all the time, so new reps are being trialed by fire as we speak. Generally, they are trying earnestly to help. It does get hot in the kitchen sometimes!

As far as this Everglades listing is concerned, the seller has a loan on the boat still & he has spent about $10,000 dollars maintaining it. I tell folks they can not plan on spending money on the boat and expect to get it back. Like I said he kisses it good night for the most part. I told him the same thing. It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I just try to bring him a qualified buyer. The only way to see what he is willing to let it go for is by submitting an offer, I can get a response from him very easily.

I just sold another 2008 Everglades 240 CC with no trailer & it had Suzuki's It went for $66,000, but the boat was put away wet just about every time. It was the original owner. The metal was all rusting on it, was in a bad need for metal polish & a wax. The side was faded & scratched. The Seller didn't "need" to sell the boat, however the Transducer on the e120 needed to be replaced, the antennae was broken, etc. etc. He was also asking $91,000 at one point.

I have the Buc Value report for the one currently for sale. It is in significantly better shape with more features like autopilot, it is serviced, & treated like a baby. It is still worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The seller knows the bucvalue too. I sent it to him. I would say come in with an offer like in the low $70's, However he wants full price. It is up to him to let it go for. If you don't ask, you don't get. The problem I have is that it is still for sale, that means it is not worth what he is asking.
    The traffic on it is decent too. Here is the BucValue report on the vessel in Better Condition & Bristol. I can look it up in Good also. Just let me know. I hope that answers any potential questions. Please let me know if I can help in anyway.

Btw, I have seen the buc value to be wrong in some cases where a boat was said to worth $60,000 & I couldn't find a buyer for $30,000. Once the buc said this Twin Vee was worth one sixty & we sold it for $205K! after 6% taxes he spend $217K & he paid me $1k to deliver it across the state for him.

EVERGLADES BOATS, EDGEWATER, FL (MIC: RJD)
    R.J. DOUGHERTY ASSOC INC
    Model Year 2008 Hull Material Fiberglass
    Model EVERGLADES 240 CC Hull Configuration Semi Vee (Modified Vee)
    Length Overall 24' 7" Draft
    Length On Deck Beam 9' 3"
    Boat Type Center Console Fisherman - Open Weight 4000 lbs.
    Engine Type (2) 2008 Honda Motor Co. BF200
    200hp Engines Ballast
    The information presented here is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. For various reasons, including the subjective nature of vessel evaluations and the possibility of incomplete or inaccurate information regarding comparable vessels and sales thereof, we do not make any warranties whatsoever regarding this report, and WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUC does not provide expert witness testimony.

Current Retail Value Range $38,300-$42,600
    107th edition.
    Fair Retail Value Adjusted for Bristol Condition in the South Atlantic & Florida $47,000-$51,600
    2 Honda Motor Co. BF200
    200hp Engines $20,572
    Trailer Value $5,695
    Total Adjusted Market Value Range $73,267-$77,867
    Replacement Value $87,800 (does not include outboard or trailer)

All prices in US Dollars.

8/18/2014 10:40 PM Capt. Jeremy Neff

August 18, 2014

EVERGLADES BOATS, EDGEWATER, FL (MIC: RJD)
    R.J. DOUGHERTY ASSOC INC
    Model Year 2008 Hull Material Fiberglass
    Model EVERGLADES 240 CC Hull Configuration Semi Vee (Modified Vee)
    Length Overall 24' 7" Draft
    Length On Deck Beam 9' 3"
    Boat Type Center Console Fisherman - Open Weight 4000 lbs.
    Engine Type (2) 2008 Honda Motor Co. BF200
    200hp Engines Ballast
    The information presented here is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. For various reasons, including the subjective nature of vessel evaluations and the possibility of incomplete or inaccurate information regarding comparable vessels and sales thereof, we do not make any warranties whatsoever regarding this report, and WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUC does not provide expert witness testimony.

Current Retail Value Range $38,300-$42,600
    107th edition.
    Fair Retail Value Adjusted for Better Condition in the South Atlantic & Florida $43,000-$47,800
    2 Honda Motor Co. BF200
    200hp Engines $20,572
    Trailer Value $5,695
    Total Adjusted Market Value Range $69,267-$74,067
    Replacement Value $87,800 (does not include outboard or trailer)

All prices in US Dollars.
    Capt. Jeremy Neff

www.GoFishStuart.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dang novel Sorry! :Bike
    Capt. Jeremy Neff

www.GoFishStuart.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    theglide96 wrote: »
    nice ride. I just wish there were more pics of it! Ha

:rotflmao
    Capt. Jeremy Neff

www.GoFishStuart.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]