Inshore BEAST Snapper (added Video)

Here is the video I added. Hope the techniques help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_6tfl_P_c

Replies

• FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 930 Officer
    Cool - subscribed.
  • aquaholikaquaholik Posts: 327 Deckhand
    Todd those are awesome size snappers for the bay.
  • Moken10Moken10 Posts: 292 Deckhand
    Awesome man. Thanks for the tips
  • JwattJwatt Posts: 101 Officer
    Nice fish man. Now I'm gonna be scanning every red marker I see lol. So many markers, so little time.
  • BKEBKE Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Nice video, thanks for sharing! It seems like a nice sized rod/reel combo. Would you mind sharing what you are using?
  • TfoucherTfoucher Posts: 223 Officer
    Jwatt if want to pm me I will give you some hints (look in the background) but there are spots like this all through the bay! We are using a combination of gear. We really like the Okuma sea demon reel. Reasonably priced reels. I have the sea demon combo and my buddy uses the sea demon reel with a red bone rod. I really like my combo. The rod is not too heavy but not too light. We use 20# straight flouro 2oz. sinkers and octopus circle hooks. I was messaged by a friend who mentioned our hooks because when I am hooking the bait it does look like it is a j hook but we use the octopus circles. Thanks for the comments and Fusion thanks for the subscribe! I never shy away from answering any questions since there are no secrets in the bay! I like to help people catch fish.
  • snookwhisperersnookwhisperer Posts: 222 Deckhand
    Todd you and Chad are tearing them up!
  • BryanCBryanC Posts: 621 Officer
    Nice! Thanks for sharing the technique info. Will have to give the knocker rig a try.
  • stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 892 Officer
    Great video, thanks for sharing.
  • YaKnYetiYaKnYeti Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Great video anyone having any luck on them further inshore? Like jetties along the beaches, bridges, or piers? I've caught a few but no keepers.
  • BKEBKE Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Tfoucher wrote: »
    Jwatt if want to pm me I will give you some hints (look in the background) but there are spots like this all through the bay! We are using a combination of gear. We really like the Okuma sea demon reel. Reasonably priced reels. I have the sea demon combo and my buddy uses the sea demon reel with a red bone rod. I really like my combo. The rod is not too heavy but not too light. We use 20# straight flouro 2oz. sinkers and octopus circle hooks. I was messaged by a friend who mentioned our hooks because when I am hooking the bait it does look like it is a j hook but we use the octopus circles. Thanks for the comments and Fusion thanks for the subscribe! I never shy away from answering any questions since there are no secrets in the bay! I like to help people catch fish.

Thanks for sharing the additional info!
    Best,
    Brian
  • TfoucherTfoucher Posts: 223 Officer
    YaknYeti, yes you can get snapper along the bridges and piers. If you are in a yak one good place is demons landing in St. Pete. Downsizing is key to get the big ones going and if you chum they will come! The skyway is also a good place along with the rock jetties around Davis Island.