Topwater Bull Redfish Video

Finished up a video from last week's trip to the east coast chasing inlet redfish.
Thanks for watching...

[video=youtube_share;33X36mtfuOo]

Replies

• TimGleasonTimGleason Posts: 289 Deckhand
    Bait looks very interesting!
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,149 Captain
    Let us know when you catch a tarpon with one... I've wondered if they would work for a tarpon.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • Captain RossCaptain Ross Posts: 289 Officer
    It won't probably happen until next spring in Late April - May. But you can bet I'll be using them.
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Fantastic redfish....Sebastian is such a great fishery. Are those Hogy crabs available and if so where in SWFL?
  • Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    I would like to give them a shot next year on tarpon.
  • stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 902 Officer
    What amazes me about tarpon is their ability to find your 3inch crab in a pass that is 30-70ft deep with murky water and an ungodly amount of water moving. The fact that they can do this at night as well leads me to believe that they can hear the crabs legs beating together while it swims or the clicks is makes when its sitting. I think they focus more on sound and vibrations when eating crabs. I wonder how much they rely on sight to eat crabs and how effective these would be on tarpon. I would love for these to work because that would make everyone's lives a whole lot easier...
  • Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    What amazes me about tarpon is their ability to find your 3inch crab in a pass that is 30-70ft deep with murky water and an ungodly amount of water moving. The fact that they can do this at night as well leads me to believe that they can hear the crabs legs beating together while it swims or the clicks is makes when its sitting. I think they focus more on sound and vibrations when eating crabs. I wonder how much they rely on sight to eat crabs and how effective these would be on tarpon. I would love for these to work because that would make everyone's lives a whole lot easier...

I have watched a tarpon eyeball a fly and follow it closely for 40' all the way up to the boat. I do think your onto something with the sounds.