Anybody still fishing with a GLX Classic?

2»

Replies

• Carl BlackledgeCarl Blackledge Posts: 674 Officer
    I see your brother had good taste in reels :)
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Permit Rat wrote: »
    Isn't the foam encased in fabric? Is the fabric torn? If so, then "yes," replace the bag. IMO, the Abel bag (or Abel type bag) is the best in the business (because they can breathe), so replace with an Abel bag.

All that said, you can't use 19 reels at once, so I strongly recommend that you find some other kind of storage system where the reel is not stored in a bag....like a lockable display case/cabinet or something.

Yes, it is an "Abel" bag. Whatever is behind the "mesh" is covering two of my reels in black stuff. I really like your idea of a case for the reels. My neighbor loves to work with wood and I bet he love to make a case. I havnt posted photos of the Abel bags, nets, and other gear.
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • Bill@NSB[email protected] Posts: 207 Deckhand
    Wow. Enviable collection.
    Good luck.
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Posts: 1,255 Officer
    Slug-O wrote: »
    Yes, it is an "Abel" bag. Whatever is behind the "mesh" is covering two of my reels in black stuff. I really like your idea of a case for the reels. My neighbor loves to work with wood and I bet he love to make a case. I havnt posted photos of the Abel bags, nets, and other gear.

Prefer to clean fishing reels with Boeshield T-9, let it dry & relube as it leaves a thin waxy residue that waterproofs & protects reels. Have to watch not getting it on some drags, especially cork which usually take neatsfoot oil .
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Yes that's the stuff in the "White can" I have some of that..
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com