Home General Paddle Craft

Farewell Kayak Dudes...

2»

Replies

• kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 813 Officer
    Gratz on the boat. The wife has been pestering me, about doing the same. Maybe at a later date. For now, it's WET SAC TIME.:grin
    Your humor and posts will surely be missed dude. Just put an oar on that bad boy, and you are in the "Paddle Zone" again Skunk. Great looking African Pompano btw.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Haha for sure Jcan. Wish everyone that drove a boat had the same background as a dude on a kayak. Probably be a touch safer out there.
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
    Thanks Tim, Boyntons been fire lately dude get on down.

Thanks frank bangin whitebait down on a knocker rig was crushing it on the wrecks the other day
    SkunkLife wrote: »
    Thanks frank bangin whitebait down on a knocker rig was crushing it on the wrecks the other day
    Dude, I should try that one day, with the knocker rig. I guess somewhere around a 5oz to 7oz should be cool depending on current. Any tips will surely be appreciated. Have you tried that with a double dropper rig also? I do that just beyond the 3rd reef, when I go grocery shopping for whatever the heck bites. Just never dropped anything except jigs at wreck areas. Still learning everyday bud. Later Skunk.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    kayakfrank wrote: »
    Dude, I should try that one day, with the knocker rig. I guess somewhere around a 5oz to 7oz should be cool depending on current. Any tips will surely be appreciated. Have you tried that with a double dropper rig also? I do that just beyond the 3rd reef, when I go grocery shopping for whatever the heck bites. Just never dropped anything except jigs at wreck areas. Still learning everyday bud. Later Skunk.

I think you're talking about a Chicken Rig, (2 or 3 hooks with sinker on bottom.) Drop that down on the deep wreck 200ft+ with squid and you will limit out on vermillion snapper.
    I think you're talking about a Chicken Rig, (2 or 3 hooks with sinker on bottom.) Drop that down on the deep wreck 200ft+ with squid and you will limit out on vermillion snapper.

Gotta try that Flats Broke. Fished with Bogey from the forum recently, and he picked up a nice vermillion snapper jigging real deep. 300ft plus if I remember. Thanks man.
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    solid boat skunk congrats….see you out on the water homie.
    Thanks Eric.

Frank I was using a 1oz egg just freespooln down with my thumb on the line. Wasn't long before I was tight on every drop. No current.
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 563 Officer
    Good luck with her Skunk. Tight lines!!
    2015 Hobie Outback fishing machine.
    Thanks Skunklife. Will try next time out.