Some fish I have caught in St James City/Sanibel and Blind Pass Areas.

Sorry for the crappy angles and quality of the pictures,I fish alone 90% of the time and this is the best I can do given the circumstances and the amount of adrenaline running through me when ever I catch a picture worthy fish most of the time I forget I even have a phone and it is a miracle I dont even end up with the phone in the water. Here goes,in the next upcoming months I will try to be better about taking pictures and posting reports since most of you post some great stuff on here I have read for a long time.

This was the biggest redfish I have ever caught to date,he was 41 inches long and not sure what his weight was, caught him in a school of sand trout with a 2/0 hook with a tiny piece of shrimp in January in about 20 feet of water on the outside of Sanibel Island. Went to retrieve to see if my bait was gone and he grabbed the bait and when I got him in the boat he straightened the hook bouncing around. I think the sharks or dolphins had been tearing him up,his tail was half eaten off,the poor guy.

This was a Sandbar Shark I think,I caught him right outside of Redfish pass on the Gulf Side. Not what I was looking for but was a fun catch any ways.

2 people limit of Spanish Mackerels from Around the Sanibel Light House back in May.

My Wife With A Matching Sheep Head Outfit back in Winter around Blind Pass.

Good eating Size Drum from the same time

24 inch trout,biggest one I have caught so far,lost one that must have been close to 3 feet one day due to getting nervous and missing netting it and it breaking the hook from a head shake :banghead. Last time I ever used thin cheap hooks.

24 inch Red grouper from the 240 degree ledge in July. A short grouper I had just caught next to it for size reference. Must have caught 30+ shorts that day and 1 keeper. :willynilly:huh:huh

I have a bunch more scattered pictures I will post up when I can dig them up and find them. Excited to finally contribute a little to this awesome forum and will be posting more from now on. Weekend is almost here :fishing:Sinking

Replies

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 718 Officer
    Reports with pictures are always good! Thanks for posting
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    **** that looks like duckmans ride. Lol
    Nice report and good pics
    Good going
    Tx
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Man, did that redfish owe you money?

Nice pics.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • justaddmusclejustaddmuscle Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Poor guy was like that, I am always really careful with fish I am not going to eat especially a Bull red that big. I think dolphins or sharks must have done that to him but he seemed really strong and healthy when he swam off. They are pretty hardy fish.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Poor guy was like that, I am always really careful with fish I am not going to eat especially a Bull red that big. I think dolphins or sharks must have done that to him but he seemed really strong and healthy when he swam off. They are pretty hardy fish.

I could tell by your post you were careful with the fish. I was just trying to make a funny.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    I could tell by your post you were careful with the fish. I was just trying to make a funny.

Lol seems he owed some hungry Shark or Dolphin some meat or something though.
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,857 Captain
    Nice catchin. What were you lookin to catch when you caught the shark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was hoping for some grouper or anything that would hit a live pinfish drifting the bottom in the pass but then went outside the pass on the Gulf Side and anchored up and as soon as I dropped it something picked it up and smoked the real and cut off the leader. So at that point I thought what the heck let me put a wire leader on and try again. Not 10 minutes went by and I was on to this guy. I seem to have a lot of luck for sharks when fishing the area with cut bait or pins. Seems to have been an infestation of blacktips of all sizes in the past couple of months, Even caught this big Nurse 2 weeks ago. Felt like I was pulling in a big piece of rug.
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,857 Captain
    I was hoping for some grouper or anything that would hit a live pinfish drifting the bottom in the pass but then went outside the pass on the Gulf Side and anchored up and as soon as I dropped it something picked it up and smoked the real and cut off the leader. So at that point I thought what the heck let me put a wire leader on and try again. Not 10 minutes went by and I was on to this guy. I seem to have a lot of luck for sharks when fishing the area with cut bait or pins. Seems to have been an infestation of blacktips of all sizes in the past couple of months, Even caught this big Nurse 2 weeks ago. Felt like I was pulling in a big piece of rug.
    Gotcha. The wire leader was throwing me off.
  • minowjoeminowjoe Posts: 717 Officer
    Darcy wrote: »
    **** that looks like duckmans ride. Lol
    Nice report and good pics
    Good going
    Tx

LOL I had to look up Duckman and I can see what you guys mean. It gets a little hectic out there at times,boat needs a scrubbing.:rotflmao
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Sorry for the crappy angles and quality of the pictures,I fish alone 90% of the time and this is the best I can do given the circumstances and the amount of adrenaline running through me when ever I catch a picture worthy fish most of the time I forget I even have a phone and it is a miracle I dont even end up with the phone in the water. Here goes,in the next upcoming months I will try to be better about taking pictures and posting reports since most of you post some great stuff on here I have read for a long time.

I have a bunch more scattered pictures I will post up when I can dig them up and find them. Excited to finally contribute a little to this awesome forum and will be posting more from now on. Weekend is almost here :fishing:Sinking

Hey Minnow, I fish alone alot myself. If you want to have some good pictures of your catches without having to deal with a phone/camera when you're alone then look into buying either a first model gopro or one of those new gopro knock off's then get a headstrap mount. This will fix the problem of taking pictures when youre fishing by yourself.

I just keep the camera on my head or close by then when you get a fish all you have to do is press a button to start recording a video. Once you get him to the boat, released or in the cooler, just press the button again and turn the video camera off and you're ready to fish again.

Once you get back home or at some point in the future, go through the videos you've made, relive some good memories and also enjoy the ability to have still pictures of your trophies. Recording a video lets you pull any frame out of the entire footage you recorded during your trip and use it as a still shot.
    That sounds great ,thanx for the advice. I have been thinThey seem really practical too with the head attachment and hands free.