bigger mangroves inshore sarasota area? where

are any of the fish markers worth bothering...

gonna try out some f the passes and maybe itll be some sheeps or snook as well..

i leave out of centenial.

been out of the area fishing cockroach and terra ceia for the last few yrs so im kinda outta touch
16 ccf wellcraft.....

Replies

• RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Try all the docs on the south side of big pass. Basically north side of siesta. They often hold mangos. Just pitch a few time to each dock and if no action keep moving. Be sure to thread the shrimp on well as there are smaller fish mixed in who would love to debait you. I have fished that area from land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • minowjoeminowjoe Posts: 717 Officer
    RMD wrote: »
    Try all the docs on the south side of big pass. Basically north side of siesta. They often hold mangos. Just pitch a few time to each dock and if no action keep moving. Be sure to thread the shrimp on well as there are smaller fish mixed in who would love to debait you. I have fished that area from land.

Will they only take a shrimp? What about cut pinfish or greenback
  • NedNed Posts: 44 Deckhand
    Shrimp under docks always works for me.
  • dieselbeefdieselbeef Posts: 652 Officer
    cool thanks..i was wondering if any of the fish attractors out n the bay or some of the closer to shore rock piles might be holding. so much current in sarasota longboat that i cant even anchor up

chasing the docks with th trolling motor is easy tho
    16 ccf wellcraft.....
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    minowjoe wrote: »
    Will they only take a shrimp? What about cut pinfish or greenback

I have never used cut pinfish for snapper so I cannot comment. Greenbacks are great baits for snapper offshore, have not tried inshore but probably worth a shot for sure. Everything eats greenbacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PmckhPmckh Posts: 199 Officer
    Any of the flats and docks near the passes will be loaded with mangos. We've been stopping and loading the cooler with them after playing with reds and snook. If you have whitebait the smaller ones will be best on the snapper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]