Electronics Installer and Spray Rails

So we have decided to keep our current boat for a few more years as it basically meets our needs.

I would like to upgrade the GPS/Bottom machine and need a good installer in South Dade or even the Upper Keys. I have a Garmin 545s and want to move to a 7 or 8 inch with side/down scan.

Can anyone recommend a good electronics installer and someone who can do the spray rails???

Also want to add spray rails so need a second good guy for that also.

Would like to find someone in South Dade but will trailer further for the right guy.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    I've been in several boats with spray rails added. My opinion is that they only work in a specific range of (pretty light) chop severity and are useless in heavier water. Hence they are a waste of money.
    .......Rick
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,633 Captain
    try lower keys fine woodworking on the rails
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chiliandochiliando Posts: 609 Officer
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • sugarloafersugarloafer Posts: 195 Deckhand
    Permit Rat wrote: »
    I've been in several boats with spray rails added. My opinion is that they only work in a specific range of (pretty light) chop severity and are useless in heavier water. Hence they are a waste of money.

I roger that completely...........I add exact placement, size and strength of attachment very important if u do them..............I would not.
    custom self built 400lb 4" draft 16' microskiff
    custom self built 34' cold molded diesel flybridge lobsterboat