Home Egret Boats

Ameratrail Trailer Update

FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
Here are a few pictures of the updates we did to the bunk system for the Egret 2011.

All four bunks rotate now on brackets.This allows the bunks to conform to the sharp entry of the bow as it is loaded and unloaded from the trailer. Before when they were in the fixed position they would pinch the bow as you would load the boat and was wearing on the gel coat on the first three feet of the hull . This final version has been put into all future productions of the the 2011 and 189 Ameratrail trailers. The boat was left at the same height on the trailer and was not raised at all!

I can't thank Scott Locke enough from Ameratrail for wanting to make it right and for standing behind his product after the fact and for future customers!

Here are a few pics!

Rotating Bunks

HardAtWork_zpsb417827b.jpg
FrontBrackets_zps604e3799.jpg

Old Fixed Bunks

20140608_105539_zps8e19f167.jpg

Replies

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Nice research and development work.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Nice. I'll have to buy one when my POS EZ Loader falls apart on the highway.
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 441 Deckhand
    So the bunks now pivot to the angle of the hull? Pretty cool. The 189 was having this same problem?
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Yes the 189 same thing. When you have a fixed bunk trailer and such a sharp entry you will have these issues especially with the center bunks.
    I just never did anything about it. Now we did!
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer
    What the .. no 167 love?
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    If a order comes in I'm sure it will be addressed!
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    If I wanted to upgrade mine, what is the turn around time? Do I have to figure out somewhere to leave the boat or can they lift it off and set it on another trailer while they do the work?
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,919 Captain
    Nice. I'll have to buy one when my POS EZ Loader falls apart on the highway.

Put your order in this week; I'm sure they need a couple weeks' lead time.
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    you sir, apparently have quite a bit of free time on your hands.

you drag a boat up to central florida, drop it in the water somewhere, then wait for them to fix a non-issue? Christ on a cracker.....
    91tiger wrote: »
    If I wanted to upgrade mine, what is the turn around time? Do I have to figure out somewhere to leave the boat or can they lift it off and set it on another trailer while they do the work?

The boat is lifted off there set on a temporary trailer while the work was done and it took all of about 2.5 hour to do! Since the weather was crappy it was a perfect Saturday to do it.
    Feel free to call Scott at Ameratrail to make a appointment to have it done.

Ameratrail Trailers
    4840 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, St Cloud, FL 34771
    (407) 892-1100
    Scott Locke
    There's a lot to be said about 1st time right suppliers. I'd say you've got over 5 working days into trying to get that trailer right.... Minimum. Does ameratrail compensate you for travel back and forth, as well as the time you spent trying to fix their **** up?

You're probably close to 4.5k for the initial trailer cost, plus several days of your personal time.

So with money you save on EZ loader, plus the '1st time right' product, I'd say the EZ loader is the way to go.
    There's a lot to be said about 1st time right suppliers. I'd say you've got over 5 working days into trying to get that trailer right.... Minimum. Does ameratrail compensate you for travel back and forth, as well as the time you spent trying to fix their **** up?

You're probably close to 4.5k for the initial trailer cost, plus several days of your personal time.

So with money you save on EZ loader, plus the '1st time right' product, I'd say the EZ loader is the way to go.

That's why we all have choices.
    I like the Ameratrail product!
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    Phil, great information. I may have to use that as an excuse for an extra glades trip at some point and get it done on the way down. If they can turn it around in a few hours that is really tempting to have it done.
    Is this really what it's come to in Egret Village? The only two trailer choices are Ameratrail and EZLoader?

Jesus. That's horrible.

Steve-urkel-side-eye-umm-no.gif
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    That's why we all have choices.
    I like the Ameratrail product!

So getting an Ameratrail is like paying a house painter 50% more than any other painter to paint your house, but he forgets to paint the garage door..... He says no problem, I'll paint it for you free of charge, you just have to take it off and bring it to me.... And he'll get it done in 2 hours!! These guys build trailers for a living, setting one up for a 20' egret should be easy.

Your trailer issue has been lingering for months and you've approached it like you're trying to engineer a lunar landing craft.

Thank you for the post, as it indicates the capability (or lack thereof) of Ameratrail.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    So getting an Ameratrail is like paying a house painter 50% more than any other painter to paint your house, but he forgets to paint the garage door..... He says no problem, I'll paint it for you free of charge, you just have to take it off and bring it to me.... And he'll get it done in 2 hours!! These guys build trailers for a living, setting one up for a 20' egret should be easy.

Your trailer issue has been lingering for months and you've approached it like you're trying to engineer a lunar landing craft.

Thank you for the post, as it indicates the capability (or lack thereof) of Ameratrail

Yeah..But they build a pretty trailer:grin At least the next guy won't have any issues. Good Job on getting it dialed in...Pete
    Flatsboy hung in there and Ameratrail made it right. That's all you can really ask for from any company you buy from. At the end of the day you can use any trailer you want. The Rolls is a great one.
    I'm surprised more of you guys aren't buying Boatmasters or Rolls Axles.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Flatsboy hung in there and Ameratrail made it right. That's all you can really ask for from any company you buy from. At the end of the day you can use any trailer you want. The Rolls is a great one.

You make it sound like he was waiting on a kidney transplant.

For the money, Ameratrail should have Persian virgins fanning you, while feeding you grapes when you're waiting for them to fix your trailer.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer

For the money, Ameratrail should have Persian virgins fanning you, while feeding you grapes when you're waiting for them to fix your trailer.

They might have...Flatsboys isn't a kiss and tell kinda guy....Pete
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer

:Popcorn
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Your going to have to be the one to tell Pete. This story must be good. :stinkfish

They should. I am not a big fan of them.
  • cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
    So do I need to take mine back I bought three months ago?
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    ]

B & S Trailers between Gainesville and Ocala builds quality custom trailers for reasonable prices. I ve had a number of them built and never had to spec pivoting bunks. They have a lift and custom fit to your hull. He is also great on trades. He gave me a great trade on the EZ Loader under my first 18'9". I could not stand the EZ Loader looking like it had a lift kit among other things.
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    TGunn wrote: »
    Is this really what it's come to in Egret Village? The only two trailer choices are Ameratrail and EZLoader?

Jesus. That's horrible.

Steve-urkel-side-eye-umm-no.gif

I love my Sport Trail. Awesome ride, great height, loads wonderfully! But you already know anything with Bad Behavior badges is da chit:-)
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
    cairotrout wrote: »
    So do I need to take mine back I bought three months ago?

Yes. Do it before your hull warps beyond repair.
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    ]

B & S Trailers between Gainesville and Ocala builds quality custom trailers for reasonable prices. I ve had a number of them built and never had to spec pivoting bunks. They have a lift and custom fit to your hull. He is also great on trades. He gave me a great trade on the EZ Loader under my first 18'9". I could not stand the EZ Loader looking like it had a lift kit among other things.

Nice looking trailer. 2 questions. Inside the wheel wells was there a cover of some type that was removed or did it never come with it? Also, the adjustable hardware, stainless I assume but the brackets look galvanized. Absolutely not degrading your trailer. Very nice looking rig that looks like is a very comfortable ride for your boat. I owned a B&S. Never had any issues over about 2 years. Not very long I know but I don't keep them long!

• UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Nice looking trailer. 2 questions. Inside the wheel wells was there a cover of some type that was removed or did it never come with it? Also, the adjustable hardware, stainless I assume but the brackets look galvanized. Absolutely not degrading your trailer. Very nice looking rig that looks like is a very comfortable ride for your boat. I owned a B&S. Never had any issues over about 2 years. Not very long I know but I don't keep them long!

Brackets - some are galvanized and some are custom cut aluminum. I have a steep driveway so the low trailer has to be addressed.

I have never covered the interior of well wells. 3 navy hulls without incident - hope you didn t jinx me ! :)

I showed the owner your trailer he was complimentary. I like the tandems too but they prevent me from being able to move the trailer without the truck.

Tight Lines!
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    Brackets - some are galvanized and some are custom cut aluminum. I have a steep driveway so the low trailer has to be addressed.

I have never covered the interior of well wells. 3 navy hulls without incident - hope you didn t jinx me ! :)

I showed the owner your trailer he was complimentary. I like the tandems too but they prevent me from being able to move the trailer without the truck.

Tight Lines!

:thumbsup