Home Egret Boats

Finished Product - 2015 Egret 189

2»

Replies

• OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Here is the pic you requested. Having the cover accommodate the trolling motor and cover the hull sides cost me a little extra.

It has no straps for the sides just ropes two ropes that tighten it around the hull and two large zippers at the poling platform. It is the easiest cover I have ever put on.

That trailer looks nice enough, but Holy Criminey, I've seen bigger trailers under a Jet Ski.

Is that a standard issue factory trailer for Egret?
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    That trailer looks nice enough, but Holy Criminey, I've seen bigger trailers under a Jet Ski.

Is that a standard issue factory trailer for Egret?

The picture is deceiving, you have to see it in person. Once I saw it I realized it's stronger than what it looks like in any photo. Kinda like Bruce Lee.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Here is a better perspective of the trailer!:wink

291561_463781963632158_1264963421_o_zps39639d80.jpg
    254348_150608498348236_100001972616163_285925_1918419_n_zps22c8d07e.jpg
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Actually, I need glasses to read. I wanted to see if the registration numbers were in contrasting color with the proper spacing....You know I don't want H&S to get a stopped by Law Enforcement. Keep Smiling...Pete

I agree with Pete. More Cow Bell!!!

The cover is missing the zipper in the front that allowed the cover to cover the front. My last two Egret made covers had it.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    Here is a better perspective of the trailer!:wink

291561_463781963632158_1264963421_o_zps39639d80.jpg
    254348_150608498348236_100001972616163_285925_1918419_n_zps22c8d07e.jpg

I love the trailer. It's just my opinion. You guys have to remember this boat and even the trailer are way way better than anything I've ever owned. I am putting corrosion inhibitor on the galvanized pieces and rinsing very well with fresh water as I have always done with my trailers. Loading is a dream compared to the two flat bunks from the CS. What can I say, it does the job well. 20 hours on her and no issues so far.

Cover too. Love it. Takes like 5 min to put on. I can tell you his other cover guy had health issues and maybe even passed so this is a new vendor's work.
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    Egret owners have been known to overthink things a tad. You and your trailer will be just fine.
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    I love the trailer. It's just my opinion. You guys have to remember this boat and even the trailer are way way better than anything I've ever owned. I am putting corrosion inhibitor on the galvanized pieces and rinsing very well with fresh water as I have always done with my trailers. Loading is a dream compared to the two flat bunks from the CS. What can I say, it does the job well. 20 hours on her and no issues so far.

Cover too. Love it. Takes like 5 min to put on. I can tell you his other cover guy had health issues and maybe even passed so this is a new vendor's work.

Dude, you've got a primo set-up! I'm just not a huge fan of EZ loaders.

why is Frank is so hooked on them?
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Old Hewes - price for a respectable trailer is very competitive. Makes Frank's package more affordable and he ll be quick to tell you he s a boat builder.......

I paid 50 percent more to a local custom builder I know and trust but I like trailers as much as boats. A friend took delivery of the same boat this year also but with an EZ Loader and he is very content.
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 354 Deckhand
    "..." what does it mean.
    I think the ... Means. The trailer Frank sells works fine.

Can you get a better built trailer yes. Will it cost more yes. That being said, most if not all of the custom/high end trailer builders still use the same galvanized axles, wheels and tires, winches, lights etc. That are upgrade options on the EZ loader.

When my EZ loader got to the point where the axle and bunk supports needed replacing. I bought a Rolls Axle Trailer, that was 13 years ago.
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 354 Deckhand
    I think the ... Means. The trailer Frank sells works fine.

Thanks
    I am really thinking about selling my Egret 189 that appears in this thread. It's a 2015 like new with 160 hours and lots of bells and whistles as you can see.

If someone made me a reasonable offer I'd have to part with her. Love the boat so much but just don't get to use her as much as she deserves due to my penchant for super shallow water sight fishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 Egret 189 for sale November 2016
    2015 Egret 189 for sale November 2016

I'm curious what that number is... Here's my offer: One used FMT Chip, a Banana tree, an old grapite push pole with broken tip, and to sweeten the deal one Milk Shake from "Robert is here" of you chice of flavor. not a nickle more.
    Lmao! I can't believe you would give up an FMT chip. Those things are gold.

I think you should buy my boat and upgrade that old workhorse you are running.

PS I already have a banana tree and who the hell would want a push pole with a broken tip. Only rookies break tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe the push pole tip was from a defective from factory...Plus you know I can get rid of the old girl. She's even on the cover of a Florida Sportsman book. Good Luck witht he sale. I know someone is going to et a great boat.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Good Luck With The Sale.
    The boat is no longer for sale. Sorry to all those that inquired.

Hadn't taken her out in awhile. Did so yesterday and she successfully carried 1,500 pounds of heavy gear. The boat continues to impress me. Guess I'm the one at fault in the relationship for not showing her enough love.

#lovemyegret

The boat is no longer for sale. Sorry to all those that inquired.

Hadn't taken her out in awhile. Did so yesterday and she successfully carried 1,500 pounds of heavy gear. The boat continues to impress me. Guess I'm the one at fault in the relationship for not showing her enough love.

#lovemyegret

Augh... The honeymoon is not over, She's a little heavy, a little wide, has a good bottom, and not to easy to push around. But he took the big girl out a she showed him what she could do... and they made up. Don't you just love a happy ending.:grin
    I'm a two woman man apparently. Besides, the chunky ones work harder to earn it. 😉

I'm a two woman man apparently. Besides, the chunky ones work harder to earn it. ��

OK Pitbull.
  • captraycaptray Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    The divorce papers cited irreconcilable chartplotter differences and something about belts. :fishing