Home Egret Boats

WHY ARE EGRETS THE BEST?

Replies

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Dudes:

The gifs are getting about as old as emojis.

I agree.
    giphy.gif
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,919 Captain
  • tripple dippertripple dipper Posts: 44 Deckhand
    I think she's got the remote to Cam's Power Pole.
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Entertainment value.

Meh.... Needs more cowbell...
  • mastercastermastercaster Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    No Just Kevlar. . They do not make a carbon kevlar model and the site does not list it lighter.

The carbon is just cosmetic...
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    The carbon is just cosmetic...

This method is lighter but not as strong. If you you need to have the look here's the link to how to do it with a paint can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofMl02TOf-g

Enjoy... Pete
    Hi Pete.

How's the investigation of the cracked stringer coming along?
    TGunn wrote: »
    Hi Pete.

I asked you for info on Sept. 5th. I wish I hadn't even asked about it in the first place here on the forum. It just got crazy stupid with all the back and forth. I spoke to Frank and we made arrangement to work on the boat everything is all set up. We are waiting for the owner to give us the boat after he gets it back from the outboard shop. It's been exactly 2 weeks and we're still waiting for a phone call. Whenever he calls we'll address it. So far it's been hurry up and wait. If you know the owner tell him to call Frank at the factory. Thanks...Pete
    Hi Pete.

No one give a hoot about one cracked BS stringer. Go get a rise somewhere else.
    No one give a hoot about one cracked BS stringer. Go get a rise somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure they do based on the stir that it caused a couple of weeks ago. Speak for yourself.

Pete, I offered you my contact information via PM and cell number from the outset; acting like I'm contact you to give you any more info is just plain silliness. Plenty of guys in this Egret forum can attest that I'm pretty good about returning phone calls.

You're the one calling Frank and the shop about it; I figured you were on top of it based on your prior posts and indication that you'd be conducting an inspection.
    I'm pretty sure they do based on the stir that it caused a couple of weeks ago. Speak for yourself.

Pete, I offered you my contact information via PM and cell number from the outset; acting like I'm contact you to give you any more info is just plain silliness. Plenty of guys in this Egret forum can attest that I'm pretty good about returning phone calls.

You're the one calling Frank and the shop about it; I figured you were on top of it based on your prior posts and indication that you'd be conducting an inspection.

I apologize what I meant to say was that as far as I know this has been an issue since Sept. 5th. that was 2 weeks ago. If and when the owner decides to contact Frank it will be addressed.
  • TiredOfGoogansTiredOfGoogans Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Mr.TGunn is a certified Googan. Guy is a Lawyer which speaks for itself. He also owns a low end wanabe Lake and Sink that is now a defunct company.Some of the molds were bought by Tom Gordon.Who subs all his work out to a group of Mexicans in South Fla. Him and his buddy Hewes cracked up red have nothing better to do but talk crap about Egrets.
    When in reality they both probably froth over every Egret they look at.They should both try to fish more than punch a keyboard all day.True testament to a GOOGAN ALERT!
    I would imagine that both of these GOOGANS probably chunk bait full time and when they are on the boat together. Most likely rub suntan lotion on each others backs, and talk about how they wish they owned a quality boat like an Egret.
  • mastercastermastercaster Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Mr.TGunn is a certified Garbo. Guy is a Lawyer which speaks for itself. He also owns a low end wanabe Lake and Sink that is now a defunct company.Some of the molds were bought by Tom Gordon.Who subs all his work out to a group of Mexicans in South Fla. Him and his buddy Hewes cracked up red have nothing better to do but talk crap about Egrets.
    When in reality they both probably froth over every Egret they look at.They should both try to fish more than punch a keyboard all day.True testament to a GOOGAN ALERT!
    I would imagine that both of these GARBOS probably chunk bait full time and when they are on the boat together. Most likely rub suntan lotion on each others backs, and talk about how they wish they owned a quality boat like an Egret.

Oh boy, let's figure out who this is.
    Master Caster.Just a guy who wish I had an Egret.I have fished on a few, and know they are a quality boat.Just cant afford one at this time.Tired of reading all the negativity that is spewed by the same old people on this page.
    Mr.TGunn is a certified Googan. Guy is a Lawyer which speaks for itself. He also owns a low end wanabe Lake and Sink that is now a defunct company.Some of the molds were bought by Tom Gordon.Who subs all his work out to a group of Mexicans in South Fla. Him and his buddy Hewes cracked up red have nothing better to do but talk crap about Egrets.
    I would imagine that both of these GOOGANS probably chunk bait full time and when they are on the boat together. Most likely rub suntan lotion on each others backs, and talk about how they wish they owned a quality boat like an Egret.

423.gif

This quote isn't accurate at all; I don't throw bait full time....Did somebody give Skip from Maverick a new login?

Still doesn't change the fact that an Egret had a cracked stringer though, does it?
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    TGunn you seem incredibly concerned with: a product you do not own (or want to own) on behalf of a third party who supposedly does owns an Egret with an issue that has yet to be addressed or documented in any way.

You've created the "Egret Stringer" urban legend. Congratulations! I'll look for the Snopes file unless you have some pictures!
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    I'll look for the Snopes file or few pictures!

OK, well if you see them forward them to Pete immediately so he can run around the room screaming "Abuse! Accident! Abuse! Accident!" regardless of what they depict.
    OK, well if you see them forward them to Pete immediately so he can run around the room screaming "Abuse! Accident! Abuse! Accident!" regardless of what they depict.

Discredit a Company 101
    Set Up a Honey Trap
    Leak confidential information or part of the information.
    Post negative information on forums.
    Stop Deals and ruin business relationships.
    The four D's Deny, Disrupt, Degrade, Deceive

All of these tactics are generally done by individuals that have very little moral character for an undisclosed agenda.
    TGunn is someone who is obviously unhappy with himself and has to put down others to make himself feel better about his life, and his inferior Lank And Sink/Back Country Tank that is no longer produced. Just ask him why, if his boat is all that.They no longer make them lol
    Discredit a Company 101
    Set Up a Honey Trap
    Leak confidential information or part of the information.
    Post negative information on forums.
    Stop Deals and ruin business relationships.
    The four D's Deny, Disrupt, Degrade, Deceive

All of these tactics are generally done by individuals that have very little moral character for an undisclosed agenda.

That's an interesting take; either you have a short memory or very poor reading comprehension. As far as I know, Egret made the decision to warranty the stringer. The boat was supposed to come into the shop for repairs. I don't see how that discredits Egret at all as a company.

Meanwhile, keep insulting me, my moral fiber, my ethics, and my possessions all in the name of protecting your favorite brand!
    TGunn is someone who is obviously unhappy with himself and has to put down others to make himself feel better about his life, and his inferior Lank And Sink/Back Country Tank that is no longer produced. Just ask him why, if his boat is all that.They no longer make them lol

YES!! All I have done here is put down Egret and insult their owners! Certainly, I have no fishing buddies who own them.

(1...2....3....4....5....6.....I think it's six. All 189s except for Phil's 2011. Wait, scratch that. 7.)

Keep bumping the thread to insult me; I'm not selling boats and neither is Lake and Bay. I'm sure Egret as a company is really happy every time a thread referencing a stringer problem is brought back to the top of this forum in the name of hurling an insult in my direction.

Oh by the way, didn't Egret go out of business for a while until somebody else started producing them? I can't recall.

Great hulls always get made. Shipokes (look them up), Egrets, L&B. . .management or lack thereof won't keep the hulls from coming out of the molds for long.

TGUNN,.... tomorrow will be 3 weeks. Still no phone call. Obviously the owner isn't concerrned. He's probably got other things that are more important to worry about.
    YES!! All I have done here is put down Egret and insult their owners! Certainly, I have no fishing buddies who own them.

(1...2....3....4....5....6.....I think it's six. All 189s except for Phil's 2011. Wait, scratch that. 7.)

Keep bumping the thread to insult me; I'm not selling boats and neither is Lake and Bay. I'm sure Egret as a company is really happy every time a thread referencing a stringer problem is brought back to the top of this forum in the name of hurling an insult in my direction.

Oh by the way, didn't Egret go out of business for a while until somebody else started producing them? I can't recall.

Great hulls always get made. Shipokes (look them up), Egrets, L&B. . .management or lack thereof won't keep the hulls from coming out of the molds for long.

TGUNN did you count me as one of you friends? With so many friends with Egrets I think it's time we sell you one and welcome you to the family.
    No Pete. If you'd like their names I'd be happy to PM them to you. As I said before, the only 189 I'd be interested in owning is Kevin's custom Dirty Bird. Other than that I'm just not interested in a boat that the factory says shouldn't be run with jackplate.

I'd certainly be interested in a 2011 when I have to make the decision to repower. And that's why I am very interested in how the factory----and you----looked into the stringer issue. I'm being 100% honest when I say that the way you automatically assumed abuse was discomforting.

At no time since mentioning the stringer have I slammed Egret or any of their owners.
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    ...but you do bait a few counselor.
    ...but you do bait a few counselor.

Han-Solo.gif

Only the stupid ones.
    Ok...You bait a lot counselor.
    more like.....

gifs_17.gif
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Other than that I'm just not interested in a boat that the factory says shouldn't be run with a jack plate.

I believe you have materially mis-represented the companies position on jack plates and 189's. Not needed and shouldn't are not the same. If you want to spend money, add weight, maintenance and move the CG aft then your free to do so. They offered to do one owned.

I think the LB is an awesome boat as well. I hope someone starts making them again once they get the whole floating thing worked out. ( Sorry I could not help it )