Home Egret Boats

WHY ARE EGRETS THE BEST?

PHOTOPHOTO Posts: 145 Officer
I'm in the market for a 21 foot hybrid/bay boat.

What makes an Egret better than a Lake and Bay, AC Coastal Bay, Pathfinder, or even a Yellowfin?

These recent reports of cracked stringers on Egrets are alarming to say the least. Just wanted to get the record set straight before I make my decision.

Thanks.

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    TROLL Alert
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,919 Captain
    giphy.gif

I'm sure Saltwater Junkie has all the details by now.
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Since I don't care about the troll deal nor the fact that some people get on here and fish for reaction... I'll bite.
    I wanted to ask the same question before I purchased mine but I was fortunate enough to talk with folks who own one before I had to ask it on the forum.
    1. Find one near you and go ride. Test it in any type of seas. Make sure you ride with someone who knows how to drive the Egret through experience.
    2. Service. This is a one man company who personally takes care of all claims. Still not sure of the accuracy of the stringer issue but with the lack of details, it's hard to define. TGUNN, the guy who posted about it seems like a stand up guy, he talks a lot of smack but we all do. If this owner did have a stringer issue, it's one boat out of 400 built. Pretty good results.
    3. Resale value. Hands down superior to any boat in this class. There's a reason for this. You can't argue with the fact that they hold their values so much better than the others.
    4. PM Saltwater Junkie or Flatsboy. They're incredibly versed about these vessels and will are invaluable at answering any pre purchase questions.
    5. Layout and storage functionability. I laid my bird out exactly the way I wanted it. It suits my fishing styles much better than most of the cookie cutter boats out there.
    6. Most dry ride... This can be debated all day long but like I said, go fish one. These boats eat rough water. I've caught some grief over getting caught in way too rough seas in my bird but the 2011 handled the situation better than I could have ever imagined. The 2011 truly is one strong vessel.
    7. Great speed and efficiency. Most of the 2011's top out between 65-72. They cruise low to mid 50's at close to 3.5mpg. That's pretty competitive for a 21 foot boat. I know some boats are a little faster but in my experience, wetter. Just my opinion and I'm sure someone will argue that.
    8. The Egret Factor. I have people pull up beside me boat at red lights snapping pictures all the time. At the dock, everyone wants to ride or take a look. Not really a big deal unless ones ego needs brushing but it is nice when people appreciate what you've worked hard to afford.
    I can go on and on about the reasons I chose Egret. However, like I said, you need to go ride one. I did and there was no question afterwards what would be my next boat. Good luck in your search.
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
    The stringer issue is real and I'm patiently awaiting the findings from Saltwater Junkie's investigation. If I decide not to repower and instead get a new hull, the 2011 is a candidate.
    Well if you're ever up around Tallahassee, give me a holla and we'll go see if we can get into some redfish and 14 footers!!:crossed

My wife went to FSU. If she drags me to Trailerhassee to see somebody steal some crablegs er I mean watch a game, I'll take you up on that.
    :thumbsup

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Did you two become friends?

giphy.gif
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    This is what this forum has become.
  • FishinMcNutFishinMcNut Posts: 536 Officer
    giphy.gif
    T- was this her in Tally? Striking resemblance
    Did you two become friends?

giphy.gif

I'm friends with everyone!

Nah man.... Just keeping it interesting!!

Has become?

How new are you??
    T- was this her in Tally? Striking resemblance

Of her to Kate Upton or of me to the guy in the corner??
  • cairotroutcairotrout Georgia Posts: 159 Deckhand
    Y'all are gay!
    cairotrout wrote: »
    Y'all are gay!

i-m-not-gay-but-20-is-20_design.png
    cairotrout wrote: »
    Y'all are gay!

Dude....... You're the one with the baby smooth chin!! Btw, when you and Trevor stayed at the beach house the other night, why was the chair pulled over to the sofa and a bottle of Jergins on the end table???? Ol boy had to pay for that fishin' trip!!!!

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    A little too much information!!!!

More kate. Sorry for the post going off topic. The post was in the gutter already so!!
    giphy.gif
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    Her uterus looks loose running through that choppy beach. Maybe her stringer broke?

I will await Saltwater Junkie's investigation on the issue, but how he responds is more important than the fact that it is loose.
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand

I will await Saltwater Junkie's investigation on the issue, but how he responds is more important than the fact that it is loose.

It's really not that intriguing.

Candidly, I'm awaiting more of Bad Behaviors harrowing stories of his offshore adventures, with Baby of course!
  • SpookSpook Posts: 153 Deckhand
    A little too much information!!!!

More kate. Sorry for the post going off topic. The post was in the gutter already so!!
    giphy.gif

Best post in the thread!
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Her uterus looks loose running through that choppy beach. Maybe her stringer broke?

This particular model appears to have been very well designed. The lines are impeccable, attractive and sexy to say the least. I can appreciate the excellent flotation and the nice cushion mid-ship. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure but speculate that this particular model is rather expensive to maintain. On a separate note, serviceability appears to be quite easy. :grin...Pete
    It's really not that intriguing.

Candidly, I'm awaiting more of Bad Behaviors harrowing stories of his offshore adventures, with Baby of course!

May have to wait until next year bud..... Bow season opens this weekend!!!

It is rather interesting that we haven't heard from him at all on the issue.

He's had time to peruse his old Univision/Radio WQBA fishing videos and comment on Ms. Upton, but no time to post an update on the stringer. And he was in hot pursuit of all the information he could gather last week.

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    TGunn wrote: »
    It is rather interesting that we haven't heard from him at all on the issue.

He's had time to peruse his old Univision/Radio WQBA fishing videos and comment on Ms. Upton, but no time to post an update on the stringer. And he was in hot pursuit of all the information he could gather last week.

I was waiting to give you guys an update when I had something positive to say. Unfortunately we have not had access to the boat. So until the owner gets his boat back from the outboard mechanic, it's schedule to be this coming Friday. We can't fix a boat that we don't have, it's that simple.

TGunn, It's been the same amount of time since you mentioned this issue, please feel free to update the forum on what you know. I'm sure some maybe curious. Also, any idea what he's getting fixed on the motor? Hopefully, you can do that before I have any other updates to post.
    I was waiting to give you guys an update when I had something positive to say. Unfortunately we have not had access to the boat. So until the owner gets his boat back from the outboard mechanic, it's schedule to be this coming Friday. We can't fix a boat that we don't have, it's that simple.

TGunn, It's been the same amount of time since you mentioned this issue, please feel free to update the forum on what you know. I'm sure some maybe curious. Also, any idea what he's getting fixed on the motor? Hopefully, you can do that before I have any other updates to post.

I'm not the one who holds himself out as Southeastern Egret Headquarters, Pete. You are. I offered what I could state publicly and have offered a bit more privately to Bad Behavior, FlatsBoy and UFGator, as they can attest. I offered you the same means of gathering information which you declined by not responding to my PM that offered you more info.

If you're implying that I'm holding out on you, that's pretty funny. Not as funny as me suddenly having the responsibility to investigate the matter simultaneously with you, but funny nonetheless.

If Egret is handling it under warranty, that's all I'd need to know. I could care less if a Bird Boat had a bad stringer or why; it's how the factory handles it that I'm more interested in primarily. And second, I'm interested to see if Egret factory reps are quick to wave the abuse/accident flag without any knowledge of what caused the issue.
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    TGunn wrote: »
    I'm not here to smear Egret. I'm here to see how they handle the stringer issue as someone potentially interested in purchasing a 2011 when it comes time to repower my ****, derelict, slow, wet, poorly built Backwater.

You've got a great boat.
    Repower; rewire and awlgrip and you are good until your kids go to college.

No need to look acrooss the fence and covet:cool:
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
    I edited my post for length, Jack.

I've probably seen the back of your boat more than any other part of it. . .