Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

Incoming storm

Shandy GShandy G Senior MemberSt. Petersburg, FlPosts: 233 Officer

Replies

• ChuckcChuckc Senior Member Posts: 4,397 Captain
    That's a cool image. It almost looks like a composite of multiple shots.
  • Shandy GShandy G Senior Member St. Petersburg, FlPosts: 233 Officer
    Just one shot, I still dont know how to combine photos. I wish I did because I have some cool ideas.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Senior Member Posts: 12,826 AG
    Looks like another fine Florida Summer afternoon.

Always liked to be out on the GOM grouper fishing while watching thunderheads bubble up over land on the thermals & march inland on the sea breeze. The storms look so black when you're out in the sunshine.

Have always liked lightning & at one time used to photograph some spectacular electrical storms on film. Would set camera on 'bulb' at night & use a cable release to capture multiple 'time lapse' images.

Don't seem to have that capability w/my POS digital cameras. Thinking of getting a Canon digital SLR that can utilize 90's vintage Canon 'motor' lenses.

Still hate having all this beautiful oboslete Canon 'glass' laying around & only camera in use has a 'fish scale' for a lens!

Inherited more beautiful glass, a bunch of older, but barely used, Nikon kit. Have heard about Nikon digital 'backs' that convert 35 mm film to a gazillion pixels. 4 nice Nikon bodies & 2 Nikkormats.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Senior Member Ocean Springs, Ms. (da coast)Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Looks like another fine Florida Summer afternoon.

Don't seem to have that capability w/my POS digital cameras. Thinking of getting a Canon digital SLR that can utilize 90's vintage Canon 'motor' lenses......

Inherited more beautiful glass, a bunch of older, but barely used, Nikon kit. Have heard about Nikon digital 'backs' that convert 35 mm film to a gazillion pixels. 4 nice Nikon bodies & 2 Nikkormats.

all canon eos glass since the beginning in 35mm film will work perfectly with the most modern canon eos...

the "digital backs" are expensive, hard to find, and to the best of my knowledge don't go beyond 5mp, if that much...
    if you're a serious "casual" shooter, buy a canon 70d...a good, used 7d would really be the way to go...

Shandy...i apologize for derailing your thread...nice image....
    what software are you using for PP???

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Yes, knew Canon EF lenses for EOS A2, should work perfectly with most modern Canon EOS DSLR cameras.

Will take a look at Canon 70D & 7D cameras.

Guess converting classic Nikon to DSLR is impractical.

Thanks.
  • RoyalflushRoyalflush Senior Member St PetersburgPosts: 535 Officer
    I use piclay app to create my multi-composite images, here's one of me n my gf on a mini-vaca at Daytona beach
    24fb700e8fd913a0a4378795db2d632b.jpg
  • Shandy GShandy G Senior Member St. Petersburg, FlPosts: 233 Officer

Shandy...i apologize for derailing your thread...nice image....
    what software are you using for PP???

tim

Lightroom
  • ChuckcChuckc Senior Member Posts: 4,397 Captain
    Guess converting classic Nikon to DSLR is impractical.
    Thanks.

It all depends on how classic it is and what Nikon body you have. You might be surprised that most of it will work without modification on a D7100 or similar body with motor in body.
    Nikon D7100 is a DSLR.

Most collectible classic Nikon body I've got is F2 Photomic.