Home General Hunting

The official end of FCFS (at least for now)

Replies

• lil_ronnie386lil_ronnie386 Posts: 204 Officer
    ¨ """" Standard quota rules and exemptions apply. Only one application per permit type may be submitted per customer, with up to five choices per application. """

The way I'm reading this is do we get to pick one like arch,muzz,or gun or do we get to put in for all of them??!!???
  • PinkIndian321PinkIndian321 Posts: 489 Deckhand
    hunterzack wrote: »
    For everyone who wants life to be "fair", consider moving to a communist country. This is America :USA

I swear some of you guys have these. Give me a break. :blahblah
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    Its for all of them, 1 application per permit type. in other words you can apply for each catogory ("per permit type") but only apply for them once in a weekly basis.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,710 Captain
    Getting a permit on FCFS was as much fun as hunting sometimes.

You guys keep complaining and I wouldn't be surprised if they do away with return and reissue altogether.
  • FlredbonesFlredbones Posts: 261 Officer
    So I'm assuming all FCFS is gone now? spring turkey, gator, everything is going to be random draw for return permits?
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Flredbones wrote: »
    So I'm assuming all FCFS is gone now? spring turkey, gator, everything is going to be random draw for return permits?

That is correct.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    More than one way to skin a cat , boys . Let the new game begin .
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    I first want to say to those who were against it I'm sorry but I am for it. Not that I didn't like the idea of fcfs I think it's a great concept. But it has to be a level playing field for all and so far every week I have not been able to get on in a timely fashion to even have a shot against those who got in exactly at 10 am sharp and have 2-3 minutes to window shop and pick over all the good permits. Think of it this way. When you get that hunt you along with everybody else has an even chance to go scout if they want to. Now imagine if only some were allowed to anytime they wanted and you could only go the last evening before the hunt to scout. It's just not fair. And I've seen it on here in the past weeks the same group of people saying worked great for me went in got the 3 permits I wanted and was out by 10:03. And my buddies did to. ****!!!!! If the tables turned you would probably be whistling a different tune to!
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 722 Officer
    Let me guess, you would not be upset at all if you were able to pull good permits most weeks? Come on man. I am not buying it.

No disrespect intended, but be serious.

You say you understand that you still have very low chance of getting anything. So basically what you are saying is 'if I can't have good results, I don't want anyone to have them.'

Gotta agree with LC on this one as I said in a previous thread, I am very successful in the FCFS drawings, usually max out of 5 Hunts per category. Yes I am happy that it went to Random Draw, Why? It is now FAIR for all. You have the same exact odds as the next guy, Slow cpu, fast cpu, slow internet, fast internet. We are all equal and that is what is FAIR.
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    More than one way to skin a cat , boys . Let the new game begin .

Lol next they will want toget rid of the buddy system saying everyome uses ppl just for a guest permit
  • Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
    just like when it went non transferable , they thought it would improve and they still ain't getting permits and we now go to random draw , they still not gonna get permits . What to **** about next . Gotta love public land .

I think guest permits was an improvement when we went away from non-tx. So there was one improvement.
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    I first want to say to those who were against it I'm sorry but I am for it. Not that I didn't like the idea of fcfs I think it's a great concept. But it has to be a level playing field for all and so far every week I have not been able to get on in a timely fashion to even have a shot against those who got in exactly at 10 am sharp and have 2-3 minutes to window shop and pick over all the good permits. Think of it this way. When you get that hunt you along with everybody else has an even chance to go scout if they want to. Now imagine if only some were allowed to anytime they wanted and you could only go the last evening before the hunt to scout. It's just not fair. And I've seen it on here in the past weeks the same group of people saying worked great for me went in got the 3 permits I wanted and was out by 10:03. And my buddies did to. ****!!!!! If the tables turned you would probably be whistling a different tune to!
    Derek you never figured out how to play the game . You were on a mobile phone , you had better chances of getting struck by lighting . Many ways to get permits on FCFS , you just have to think outside the box . I won't get into details on how . Let the new game begin . Yes folks this random system is gameable even better for PETA . Not directed at you Derek . Folks don't cry about it when you still don't get permits .
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,891 AG
    Let me guess, you would not be upset at all if you were able to pull good permits most weeks? Come on man. I am not buying it.

No disrespect intended, but be serious.

You say you understand that you still have very low chance of getting anything. So basically what you are saying is 'if I can't have good results, I don't want anyone to have them.'

Yeah!...There is no way that someone in 2014 can have a working moral compass and believe in right and wrong and have a sense of fair play :rolleyes...after all this whole world is " Eff the world..and hurray for ME! "....Right? :shrug
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,347 Captain
    This is all sort of a moot point for me because these days I only hunt public land to supplement my private land hunting. I like pretty hammock and I don't get a lot of that on the properties I have access to. I got what I wanted in phase II and I've avoided FCFS because I haven't had an interest in accumulating more hunts than I need. In fact I have one I'm probably not going to use and will therefore give back.

It does seem to me that FCFS wasn't fair insofar as many people just couldn't be at the computer at 10am due to work obligations and it does allow those who be on at 10am sharp the chance to rack up a crazy amount of permits. Regardless as to whatever system the FWC settles on, I think they are going to have to probably drastically lower the caps on how many permits any individual hunter can have in a season. That's the only way to make sure that there's enough quota permits to go around.

Sure, life isn't fair. But this is a little bit different. This is public land that belongs to all of us. If we pay our taxes, we should all have an equal shot at it. Otherwise a majority who gets shut out of the system is working to support a privileged few who gets to enjoy it. We have enough of that already with the welfare system in general. We don't need to adopt a welfare-state "its all about me" mentality in our public land hunting system.
  • spfldbowhunterspfldbowhunter Posts: 931 Officer
    Yes folks this random system is gameable even better for PETA .

Great point
    Eph. 3:20
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Regardless as to whatever system the FWC settles on, I think they are going to have to probably drastically lower the caps on how many permits any individual hunter can have in a season. That's the only way to make sure that there's enough quota permits to go around. QUOTE]

This is the only way random will be effective. And only 1-2 choices per random drawing. PERIOD. Not 5 picks per season, what a joke. Would be very interested in the odds following this first random drawing. I'm sure FWC will post that information for all of us to see :rotflmao
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Yeah!...There is no way that someone in 2014 can have a working moral compass and believe in right and wrong and have a sense of fair play :rolleyes...after all this whole world is " Eff the world..and hurray for ME! "....Right? :shrug

Please explain to me my lack of moral compass due to my ability to beat others to permits despite my very basic knowledge of computers, very average Internet connection and very average PC.

Right and wrong? FairPlay? Everyone had the same freaking issues. I was locked out more than half the weeks this year as well. What was UNFAIR??? We all dealt with the same crap.
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...

Best post I've read in this thread. And that's saying something 'cause there are quite a few to read.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • deerfootdeerfoot Posts: 493 Deckhand
    I think many permits will go unused.I know now that everyone will have lots of time to apply and for many people will be going after few permits.I think less permits will be returned and many will be picked up and not used.Many people will have 15 or so family members to apply for and will.If they or the person can bring them as guest whether it is a 10 year old kid they are buddying with so be it.If not the permit will waste.Some may draw them on returns just to have them with no intentions of using them.You cant please all here I understand and even though I did well on FCFS i still think everyone is shooting themselves in the foot overall with trying for few permits with the now thousands for those few.Either way of your opinions keep it safe and good hunting!!!!
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    I think if we get deer tags, DMU's,and Ar's then open it up 24/7.......why not?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,891 AG
    Please explain to me my lack of moral compass due to my ability to beat others to permits despite my very basic knowledge of computers, very average Internet connection and very average PC.

Right and wrong? FairPlay? Everyone had the same freaking issues. I was locked out more than half the weeks this year as well. What was UNFAIR??? We all dealt with the same crap.

Maybe you find it hard to believe that a great many people have to be at work...not on a computer at 10 AM on tuedays...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • kgatorkgator Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Maybe you find it hard to believe that a great many people have to be at work...not on a computer at 10 AM on tuedays...

Doesn't mean you still can't pick up a permit. People would rather complain that think of ways to solve the issue.
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    kgator wrote: »
    Doesn't mean you still can't pick up a permit. People would rather complain that think of ways to solve the issue.

Like someone else said, a lot of the same guys complaining about the time are also on here posting at 10:30am. It would make more sense to change the time than change the system.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer

No sir, I don't find that hard to believe. But I thought this was a change from FCFS to random draw or did they just change the time for FCFS?
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • JoshAaron91685JoshAaron91685 Posts: 723 Officer
    snowman wrote: »
    Get a better phone or computer i cant believe u have NEVER gotten past the select a permit page unless u just dont kno what ur doin

Snowman your handle because you lack a brain? In my original post I said from archery season on. I did pretty well before that and if you really want to do some research go back to October last year and look at the threads and you'll see that it was MANY people beng locked out not just a select few. I can understand not being happy with this change but blaming the FCFS systems *****ty abilities on the user is senseless. Especially considering I'm on a $8k workstation with solid state drives and a hellacious internet connection for transferring huge 3d cad files. The problem was NOT on my end.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,950 Captain
    Great point
    They never did it in the previous drawings but now will be all over the new draw?
  • JoshAaron91685JoshAaron91685 Posts: 723 Officer
    cheating is cheating however you slice it, and intentionally screwing another hunter out of an opportunity to hunt for any reason is beyond F'd up. This idea that "I cant use my secret backdoor tricks is BS and I'm gonna prove a point by putting in 100 people" is just wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself. It's public land paid for by ALL of us. We should ALL get an equal shot at it. Knowing a backdoor or being off at 10am does not equate "wanting it more". ALL these systems suck because they are all based on a mismanaged system with no data. As much as I hate to say it we'd all be better off if they gave a set number of buck and doe tags to each of us and just opened it up. It works in every other state I've hunted in, it will work here.
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    Snowman your handle because you lack a brain? In my original post I said from archery season on. I did pretty well before that and if you really want to do some research go back to October last year and look at the threads and you'll see that it was MANY people beng locked out not just a select few. I can understand not being happy with this change but blaming the FCFS systems *****ty abilities on the user is senseless. Especially considering I'm on a $8k workstation with solid state drives and a hellacious internet connection for transferring huge 3d cad files. The problem was NOT on my end.

No thats not y its my handle id tell u the story just not on here. Anyways rnt u the guy me and tom drove up on on that tight rd in dexter during muz season? And all that 8000$ work station cant handle tge speed of my lg Verizon incredible 2 phone that falls apart if i squeeze it wrong lol i guess now u will have a fair chance with my super phone and my 13 friends i have written down to apply for all 4 dexter hunts available not to mention one of my other buddies has 20 names that r goin in the same hat so now its random draw between u and at least 35 ppl instead of trying to beat my varbage phone and his average computer with ur super 8000$ work station not to mention all the other ppl doin the same thing as us to get one of those permits. Did u kill anything out there on that hunt btw?