The official end of FCFS (at least for now)

1356

Replies

  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    read and then reply. That's how this works. I COULD NOT GET IN. You have to get in to apply for anything. there could be a million permits available, if you cant get in, its a 0% chance of getting one. My odds are better, but still terrible.

    Get a better phone or computer i cant believe u have NEVER gotten past the select a permit page unless u just dont kno what ur doin
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    pbsnooker wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of people whining about there chances of getting multiple permits wa wa wa!
    Huntmaster, how about another cool crying pic?

    How about another rimmer
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    creekgeek wrote: »
    what's really discouraging to me is that this change really just seems like a slap in the face to everyone who complained about the crashing system because poor old Eddie hates getting criticized or hates having the FWC criticized even though it was rightly deserved. So, make the change without appropriate stake holder input, make the change in the most painless, cheapest and thoughtless manner possible - just use the same rules as phase I, make the change at some more or less random date in the middle of the season, make the change so that those who complained will really be pizzed that they did because now with 5 choices on an application for each hunt basically everyone can apply for everything....I can just hear it, "I'll show you people who called all these failures unprofessional and symptomatic of incompetence, this will really wish you hadn't criticized near total failure on our part...and so on, and so forth..." oh, and don't communicate through any reasonable, public means...just see if it trickles out by word of mouth through a few souls on the email list....Nicely played Mr. White.

    You guys have no idea what is going on. Eddie has no control over this. In fact, not only isn't he the one making the decisions, he has absolutely nothing to do with policy or procedure at all. The days of Eddie being in charge of the quota hunt drawings are long gone. The entire process is under the preview of the licensing office and Bill Hunter. Bill and his team work with the vendor to solve the problems as they arise an it is his team that dictates to the vendor what is required if their system. Eddie is hut a small cog in the machine. Your comments are out of line and you owe him an apology.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

    I had you pissed off at hello.
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    just like when it went non transferable , they thought it would improve and they still ain't getting permits and we now go to random draw , they still not gonna get permits . What to **** about next . Gotta love public land .

    I hunt qouta hunts every year now since it went non transferable...
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,356 AG
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...


    Thank you...you have proven you are a different breed than most on here.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS..

    Why? That make perfect sense lol.

    Those are the same guys who put the time and thought into it and cared enough to figure it out. But hey, now we all have time to apply and pick 15 choices for every person we know. Sounds real fair that a ton of people who didn't care enough to even try will now be in the pool with the ones who do.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • kgatorkgator Posts: 88 Deckhand
    JRussell wrote: »
    Why? That make perfect sense lol.

    Those are the same guys who put the time and thought into it and cared enough to figure it out. But hey, now we all have time to apply and pick 15 choices for every person we know. Sounds real fair that a ton of people who didn't care enough to even try will now be in the pool with the ones who do.

    Then when no one shows up for the quota hunts, they'll say "Guess nobody wants to hunt anymore".

    Just because someone couldn't pick up any permits, don't blame the people that could, everyone was playing by the same rules. Now the fact that the vendor Sucked @^$ is another issue altogether.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    JRussell wrote: »
    Why? That make perfect sense lol.

    Those are the same guys who put the time and thought into it and cared enough to figure it out. But hey, now we all have time to apply and pick 15 choices for every person we know. Sounds real fair that a ton of people who didn't care enough to even try will now be in the pool with the ones who do.

    That is singularly the most selfish thing I've seen posted on here in a long time.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

    I had you pissed off at hello.
  • GrillfishGrillfish Posts: 114 Officer
    I was happy with FCFS but this year was ridiculous. When I did block my time at work to try and get on @ 10am, this entire year, other than spring turkey, I got the spinning wheel of death. The week prior, I did get in but after 4 minutes of spinning not one permit left. This week, my work, which take priority over applying @ 10am, ran late and I missed out. So I put in my time and tried my best and got nothing this year, luckily I built up my pref points and got a couple good phase 1 hunts. It doesn't mean I wont get anything in phase 3 in this new process either, I'll deal with the approach that FWC decides to go with.

    Pick 15 choices for every person you know.... Watch out, you might be called a "gamer", like the old days of xsferable permits :) .
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    huntmstr wrote: »
    That is singularly the most selfish thing I've seen posted on here in a long time.

    You must be confused as to the definition of "selfish". I guess in your eyes anyone that works hard at something and is occasionally rewarded is "selfish" if they support that system.

    Obama would definitely like this new random draw since it redistributes the permits to those less fortunate lol.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,344 Officer
    Well the squeaky wheels got their fix. I did find it ironic that many of those who complained before were also fairly successful in FCFS. I've got a few permits each year in FCFS and was happy with that so didn't complain once.

    I said it before that it should have been just ONE pick if they went to random draw...just not enough available permits to allow multiple picks....doesn't make sense, but I guess they figured people would complain more about getting only one pick so they decided to give us five.

    Also, it seems like guys are returning way more permits these days and maybe some were just getting them in FCFS because they can and not really planning to use them. Some of you have admitted to returning multiple permits this year already. Please don't apply for permits you don't plan to use.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,925 Captain
    JRussell wrote: »
    Why? That make perfect sense lol.

    Those are the same guys who put the time and thought into it and cared enough to figure it out. But hey, now we all have time to apply and pick 15 choices for every person we know. Sounds real fair that a ton of people who didn't care enough to even try will now be in the pool with the ones who do.
    You guys must have some serious brain power that has made you able to get into the server without a hitch and your brain power to not have to work at 10. Good one. This is one lousy post. This is why a lot of people dont care that you all dont get to scoop all the permits up. Besides you guys are probly already the ones "gaming" in the drawing phase as well
  • Ex-GladeshunterEx-Gladeshunter Posts: 255 Deckhand
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...
    Best post on this thread thus far.
    It was difficult for me to be in the system at 10 am on Tuesdays as I had a standing 10 am appt with one of my best clients and I know i was not the only one with this problem.
    Only thing I dont like about this is having multiple choices for each hunt.
    I dont believe there will be any more unused permits now than there was as many of the choices will be for hunts the weekend of the draw or a short time after so folks who are applying should know if they can use them or not.
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Best post on this thread thus far.
    It was difficult for me to be in the system at 10 am on Tuesdays as I had a standing 10 am appt with one of my best clients and I know i was not the only one with this problem.
    Only thing I dont like about this is having multiple choices for each hunt.
    I dont believe there will be any more unused permits now than there was as many of the choices will be for hunts the weekend of the draw or a short time after so folks who are applying should know if they can use them or not.

    You are so far off it's not even funny. I can now apply for up to 15 hunts instead of just 1 or 2 with FCFS. I never would have attempted to get a highly sought after permit on FCFS just because my odds were low. I would apply for the close to home WMAs I know I would be able to hunt and hunt hard. But now? Why not! Got the same chance as everyone else 15 times over. Yes it's like playing Powerball, but hey someone's got to win. Maybe I can make it up for a day to hunt on the off chance I get it....
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    I dont believe there will be any more unused permits now than there was as many of the choices will be for hunts the weekend of the draw or a short time after so folks who are applying should know if they can use them or not.

    There will definitely be a large increase in the amount of wasted permits because some/most guys are going to be applying for everyone they can in hopes of getting in as a guest. Well many of those that win this way didn't care enough to apply themselves so obviously they aren't too serious about even going.

    Making the vendor fix their broken system and possibly moving the time would have been the correct move on fwc's part. At the absolute very least make an effort to notify the public and get their input, then apply any changes to the following season.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    JRussell wrote: »
    You must be confused as to the definition of "selfish". I guess in your eyes anyone that works hard at something and is occasionally rewarded is "selfish" if they support that system.

    Obama would definitely like this new random draw since it redistributes the permits to those less fortunate lol.

    Now this is an actual funny joke
  • AgentXAgentX Posts: 584 Officer
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...

    That was $$$$. Thank you LC
    The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare....
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...
    I think the fact that ppl can pick up to 5 choices bother ppl more then the random drawing its self bc like someone said now they cant play it safe and get the less sought after permits whilr the good onescatch ppls eye now everhone will be putting in for anything just bc if the random draw
    But o well i have my little private piece for.now and ocala which ive , never had a prob killing 1or 2 out of at least until antler restrictions come about
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 814 Officer
    Reel Teal wrote: »
    You guys must have some serious brain power that has made you able to get into the server without a hitch and your brain power to not have to work at 10. Good one. This is one lousy post. This is why a lot of people dont care that you all dont get to scoop all the permits up. Besides you guys are probly already the ones "gaming" in the drawing phase as well

    Now that it's done, I'll tell a secret. Create a HOT KEY with the preloaded URL directly to the selection. All you have to do is capture the link once..and link that URL to a bookmark..you bypass 2 pages of crud.. I got mine this way...it became harder when they put the friggin error code popping up when the permit group wans't yet loaded..

    I hit my hot key..bang I'm at the checkout..not go through the multiple screens..

    Hey..I played the game
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Did anyone get the survey on this before the change was implemented:)
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    JRussell wrote: »
    Why? That make perfect sense lol.

    Those are the same guys who put the time and thought into it and cared enough to figure it out. But hey, now we all have time to apply and pick 15 choices for every person we know. Sounds real fair that a ton of people who didn't care enough to even try will now be in the pool with the ones who do.

    JR you're outing yourself man.
  • spfldbowhunterspfldbowhunter Posts: 925 Officer
    GRIZZL wrote: »
    Now that it's done, I'll tell a secret. Create a HOT KEY with the preloaded URL directly to the selection. All you have to do is capture the link once..and link that URL to a bookmark..you bypass 2 pages of crud.. I got mine this way...it became harder when they put the friggin error code popping up when the permit group wans't yet loaded..

    I hit my hot key..bang I'm at the checkout..not go through the multiple screens..

    Hey..I played the game

    Haha, awesome. It would be kinda fun to hear everyone's secrets- "FCFS, the Untold Story" :rotflmao

    I was tempted to post up the quotas I've pulled, but it might be too soon.
    Eph. 3:20
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Anyone get an email blast on this?
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    If they had preference for phase 3 it would keep guys from wasting permits.
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • kgatorkgator Posts: 88 Deckhand
    If it was about fairness, they should have changed it long ago. Fact is they didn't want constant calls because the vendor couldn't do the job, so they changed the whole thing.
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    If they had preference for phase 3 it would keep guys from wasting permits.

    If they took ur preference on phase 3
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    It's still rather disturbing to me that the guys crying about the change are all guys that were pretty successful at FCFS. Guess what? It's not about YOU and YOUR odds...it's about the public and having an equal opportunity to hunt PUBLIC land. Wether you accept it or not, FCFS died because the majority of the feed back was negative. You guys think it worked so well because you and your buddies got multiple hard to get permits a year. What you didn't see or think about were the thousands of people that ALWAYS got snuffed out every week. If there were really that many people enjoying success with FCFS...it would still be here. Do I realize my odds of getting a permit in these drawings is small? Absolutely. Am I happy that everyone will have an equal opportunity to draw a permit now? You bet your *** I am. This isn't about my odds or your odds...it's about what's best and most fair for the general public and hunting community as a whole. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad that some of you won't hunt 8 different qouta hunts every year now...

    Let me guess, you would not be upset at all if you were able to pull good permits most weeks? Come on man. I am not buying it.

    No disrespect intended, but be serious.

    You say you understand that you still have very low chance of getting anything. So basically what you are saying is 'if I can't have good results, I don't want anyone to have them.'
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    For everyone who wants life to be "fair", consider moving to a communist country. This is America :USA
Sign In or Register to comment.