Home General Hunting

The official end of FCFS (at least for now)

Replies

• gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,181 Officer
    I emailed Eddie asking why the provider(Brandt) couldn't be held accountable for not providing the services they are contracted to provide.
    If i did this in my line of work, i would be getting into some deep doo doo! Isn't this OUR monies paying for this? It seems like they are admitting they can't do what they said they would so now they are gonna change it instead of fixing it. Is this new system going to cost the more? Does Brandt still get paid for not providing FCFS?
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    hunterzack wrote: »
    Better start saving those preferance points if you ever want to win a quata hunt again.

Which also means there will be A LOT less returns now too! Oops the odds just got 10X's worse in addition to the 5 choice problem.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    JRussell wrote: »
    Which also means there will be A LOT less returns now too! Oops the odds just got 10X's worse in addition to the 5 choice problem.
    Couldn't agree more
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    That's great people will actually use permits they applied for, and there preferece points go back to zero!
  • evilman00evilman00 Posts: 265 Officer
    pbsnooker wrote: »
    All those people you mentioned, were they sitting at the computer at 10 am on Tuesday's? If not at least they will have a chance to draw a permit now!

That's why for me would work better i can't be sitting at a computer at 10 am,,,i least now I have a little chance
    I emailed Eddie asking why the provider(Brandt) couldn't be held accountable for not providing the services they are contracted to provide.
    If i did this in my line of work, i would be getting into some deep doo doo! Isn't this OUR monies paying for this? It seems like they are admitting they can't do what they said they would so now they are gonna change it instead of fixing it. Is this new system going to cost the more? Does Brandt still get paid for not providing FCFS?

I'm curious about this as well. It almost seems like there's some inside back room deals going on between someone at FWC and Brandt. When I was talking to Eddie last week he started off referring to Brandt as "them", and next thing I know he's referring to Brandt as "he". Not once but several times.

Also as Zack said they are claiming this change is due to public input, yet the public had zero knowledge of any possible changes. Not sure if it would make any difference but I think a petition is in order so they can get some true public input.
  • JoshAaron91685JoshAaron91685 Posts: 723 Officer
    FCFS would work and be fair IF and only IF the provider could hold up their end of the deal. they didn't and it sucked. This will suck also. I'm gonna try like hell to be in GA next year. Screw this mess.
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    I have at least 15 friendsthat r too lazy to do fcfs that i can put in for now and guest in!!!! Sweet! O but wait so does everyone else! Dernit! I like my odds better the other way
  • DONY 1DONY 1 Posts: 557 Officer
    I'm with you snowman. I've already talked to all of them.
    Don't cost nuttin to be nice
    snowman wrote: »
    I have at least 15 friendsthat r too lazy to do fcfs that i can put in for now and guest in!!!! Sweet! O but wait so does everyone else! Dernit! I like my odds better the other way

From archery season on last year I was unable to even get on due to a crappy system. That's a 0% chance and it literally cant get worse than that...
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 843 Officer
    Glad I like to FISH too! bite the hand.....
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 1,006 Officer
    i thought they would keep it after there crack internets guru figured out how to stop one person from signing on to multiple pc's and getting the leftovers at 10. guess they want all the people that have to drive to the closest libary to use a public pc to have a fair chance. weak!

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

DONY 1 wrote: »
    I'm with you snowman. I've already talked to all of them.

I realize that that'll be standard, but do you realize that that's a huge part of the problem?
    From archery season on last year I was unable to even get on due to a crappy system. That's a 0% chance and it literally cant get worse than that...

I guarantee there were permits available, just not the one you wanted. You still had a chance at some. And that wouldnt be a 0% cnahce, but rather a 0% sucess rate. your chances were astronomical compared to what they are now.
    hunterzack wrote: »
    I guarantee there were permits available, just not the one you wanted. You still had a chance at some. And that wouldnt be a 0% cnahce, but rather a 0% sucess rate. your chances were astronomical compared to what they are now.

read and then reply. That's how this works. I COULD NOT GET IN. You have to get in to apply for anything. there could be a million permits available, if you cant get in, its a 0% chance of getting one. My odds are better, but still terrible.
    My apoligies, i misread and thought you said "I was unable to even get one due to a crappy system"
    still my point is the same. and you the user could of used a different device to apply for the permit
    read and then reply. That's how this works. I COULD NOT GET IN. You have to get in to apply for anything. there could be a million permits available, if you cant get in, its a 0% chance of getting one. My odds are better, but still terrible.

If what you're doing over and over does not work, maybe its time to do some thinking and make some changes. Sorry to say but your account didn't have some super top secret jinx on it that prevented you from getting in. We all had issues some weeks but the majority of us got at least 1 or 2 per year.
  • dandan1229dandan1229 Posts: 77 Deckhand
    This sucks!! The only way it might even have a prayer of working is if everyone was allowed to apply for only one permit. This would make people put all their eggs in one basket each week. This 5 choices for each type of permit is ridiculous and is going to destroy this process. The people that couldn't get permits with FCFS still wont with this system.
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    Seems like a lot of people whining about there chances of getting multiple permits wa wa wa!
    Huntmaster, how about another cool crying pic?
    JRussell wrote: »
    I'm curious about this as well. Honestly I think there are some inside back room deals going on between someone at FWC and Brandt. When I was talking to Eddie last week he started off referring to Brandt as "them", and next thing I know he's referring to Brandt as "he". Not once but several times.

Also as Zack said they are claiming this change is due to public input, yet the public had zero knowledge of any possible changes. Not sure if it would make any difference but I think a petition is in order so they can get some true public input.

I asked everyone I could think of to send emails to him asking to fix what we payed for not get something different.
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    dandan1229 wrote: »
    This sucks!! The only way it might even have a prayer of working is if everyone was allowed to apply for only one permit. This would make people put all their eggs in one basket each week. This 5 choices for each type of permit is ridiculous and is going to destroy this process. The people that couldn't get permits with FCFS still wont with this system.

Exactly. All the whiner's will see; soon enough.

How FWC decided to make this horrible decision without any measurable input from the sportsman community (who ensures their employment) is despicable on so many levels. But I guess no one is going to do anything about it so it doesn't matter to them.

Bright side? I picked up 3 FCFS permits, so at least this year I'll be able to hunt and have a chance at killing a deer or two. Next year; let's just say I'm praying for a miracle, hopefully I can afford an out of state lease. Way to go FWC. You blew it.
  • kgatorkgator Posts: 88 Deckhand

If most of us on here performed as poorly as they did, we'd be fired. Yet they get rewarded by being bailed out. It's like next time the boss gives a tough task or report, the employee tells the boss "no I'm not doing that, I'll do an easier task or report, and not the one you want."
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,882 AG
    Wow...only been 4 hours and 50 posts...a lively thread.

I guess all the people who cannot be online Tuesdays morning at 10 AM sharp made a compelling argument.....*OR*...FWC heard all the complaining...like they did with the LAST VENDOR....and opted to change the system rather than face the outcry.

I don't know...but I bet much like the transferability issues...this was one more thing where they saw some people having a hunt every weekend of the year.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • evilman00evilman00 Posts: 265 Officer
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    I think some of y'all need to take some of this.
    [video=youtube_share;2hEUbezqd88]
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • inthepinesinthepines Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Hahaha. Thx Chuck. I needed that!
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 1,017 Officer
    what's really discouraging to me is that this change really just seems like a slap in the face to everyone who complained about the crashing system because poor old Eddie hates getting criticized or hates having the FWC criticized even though it was rightly deserved. So, make the change without appropriate stake holder input, make the change in the most painless, cheapest and thoughtless manner possible - just use the same rules as phase I, make the change at some more or less random date in the middle of the season, make the change so that those who complained will really be pizzed that they did because now with 5 choices on an application for each hunt basically everyone can apply for everything....I can just hear it, "I'll show you people who called all these failures unprofessional and symptomatic of incompetence, this will really wish you hadn't criticized near total failure on our part...and so on, and so forth..." oh, and don't communicate through any reasonable, public means...just see if it trickles out by word of mouth through a few souls on the email list....Nicely played Mr. White.
    Can it handle the traffic?:Angry

Lmfao!!!