Big Bend Report

How is it that the red tide is never mentioned for the last month. If I did not know and went offshore I would wonder if this guy is really up on things. He likes to give info on all kinds of topics but is out of the loop on the red tide.

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,299 Captain
    Florida is all about tourism. The media, headboat, and charter guys have been downplaying the problem for obvious reasons. That being said, there are still places where fish can be caught.
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    How is it that the red tide is never mentioned for the last month. If I did not know and went offshore I would wonder if this guy is really up on things. He likes to give info on all kinds of topics but is out of the loop on the red tide.

Who is "this guy"? Did we miss something here? :huh
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,299 Captain
    I assumed he was referring to Tommy Thompson's Florida Big Bend Weekend Fishing 4Cast on the Big Bend index page.
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    While we're on the subject, the Chevy Insider Fishing Report never mentions red tide either. I didn't get to watch it last night so maybe they mentioned it then. I doubt it. I sent them a message about it and never got a reply. Pretty disappointing.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,965 Admiral
    This guy? :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
    181.jpg
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 281 Deckhand
    I assumed he was referring to Tommy Thompson's Florida Big Bend Weekend Fishing 4Cast on the Big Bend index page.

Yes. He is always giving advice which is good. If he is going to represent our area he should at least point out the warnings. Something this big and he does not know about it or he does and chooses to keep quiet. Not a good source for information either way.
  • RschachelRschachel Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission <[email protected]>

I get a Red Tide report daily from FWC. Just subscribe.
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,866 Captain
    I like this forum better than any of the other fishing reports personally. I've made a lot of forum friends here and we all share info freely with each other when asked and in my opinion it's really valuable information. Try to make friends that fish your area frequently!
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,552 Captain
    keypond wrote: »
    While we're on the subject, the Chevy Insider Fishing Report never mentions red tide either. I didn't get to watch it last night so maybe they mentioned it then. I doubt it. I sent them a message about it and never got a reply. Pretty disappointing.

Show's a joke.....
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    Jim311 wrote: »
    I like this forum better than any of the other fishing reports personally. I've made a lot of forum friends here and we all share info freely with each other when asked and in my opinion it's really valuable information. Try to make friends that fish your area frequently!

:Agree
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Rschachel wrote: »
    Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission <[email protected]>

I get a Red Tide report daily from FWC. Just subscribe.

Yup /\ /\ /\
  • swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 281 Deckhand
    I do have friends mostly that are not on this forum and would not rely on the Big Bend Report when I go fishing. I also get the FWC updates in Emails. My point was what's up with this guy that he does not even mention it. When I fish another area I partially look at theses reports as would someone that may be new to our area. All you that post here are great guys and I enjoy reading your posts.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,508 Moderator
    Not sure why it was left out. We've had a "sticky" at the top of this section (General) since a forum member "Keypond" noticed something was up and started seeing dead fish. That was back on and before the 27th of July.

I would imagine the General "Big Bend" report has to be turned in to the office around the first of the month to make the magazine ?
    Tommy may know ?

Our forum and members are THE best and most current reports that can be found, and I wouldn't make a trip with out a quick look into the reports currently posted.

The Tide has been no secret.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    The Tide has been no secret.
    Yep, and as others have said, you should subscribe to the FWC reports. Seems like I get an email from them once every few days, but I don't always read them. Good source of information, though, regarding a variety of outdoor topics.

I quit watching the Chevy FL Fishing Report when I quit subscribing to Sun Sports (and the related TV package on Dish). Can't say I miss it. Never got anything good from it anyway...except for a lot of advertising. I also don't read the Big Bend Reports by TT. He has a lot of good narrative about something outdoors related, but rarely ever shares any useful information. I remember reading one of his "reports" a few years back, and all he did was write about an experience he had with a friend of his on the East Coast. To be fair, TT is a really nice guy that has a wealth of knowledge about fishing and hunting...and photography. I shot a few rounds of skeet with him several years ago, and you really couldn't have asked to meet a nicer guy.