Sitting on the dock (CedarKeys) of the bay. 8/26

The second lyric of Otis Redding.Song

I'm sitting on the dock of the bay
watching the tide roll away
ooo, I'm sitting on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time.

Here is where Otis and I disagree on time being wasted.. I didn't waste a minutes of my 2 1/2 hour visit to Cedar Keys pier on Tuesday.

Left later than I wanted to after pleasing my better half by going shopping with her and taking her out to eat. Didn't get to the pier until 5:30. It wasn't busy at all only 4 or 5 other were trying their luck and enjoying the cool breeze off the water. Fishing wasn't the best, catfish after catfish. Again no pictures of me holding a big fish, maybe the next time. Stranger things have happen.

There was a lot going on in the water, a dozen Dolphins were chasing fish around, the pelicans and gulls were diving for the fish chased by the Dolphins. Boat traffic to watch, and a beautiful sky to look at. Hoped for a beautiful sunset but it fizzed because of cloud cover.

Check out the photos and you can decide if I was wastin" my time by sitting on the dock of the bay.

6f81eb71-3237-4c1d-84f6-2aaf59a52f3f.jpg

05954bfd-5041-4872-b3ac-38427d087981.jpg

75575612-1ee0-40c8-bc7f-4b5a170f0bac.jpg

Here something you don't see everyday. A fisherman carrying his poles on a unicycle.

721d424a-8a59-4514-be03-9269b745b561.jpg

Coming in.

96026394-b93c-466e-b730-d88746c848ab.jpg

What a sky.
227c8eb3-9c49-49d8-94de-157a16660363.jpg

Replies

• BD27BD27 Posts: 1,179 Officer
    No Wastin' Time There. Great Pics
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    Thanks for the images Moon!
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,860 Captain
    I wonder how many scabs that guy on the unicycle has on his elbows and how many rods has he broke!! Nice pics again Moon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,613 Captain
    Ruff One wrote: »
    I wonder how many scabs that guy on the unicycle has on his elbows and how many rods has he broke!! Nice pics again Moon.

Those rods look like that have some miles on them, probably not new. No time wasted moon!
    You should have been here yesterday
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    Well done Moon! New camera?
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,172 Officer
    Nice shots
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,586 Moderator
    mburke001 wrote: »
    Nice shots

"You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,769 Captain
    First of all> How come You had yesterday off to go sitting on the dock on C/K Bay watching the pelicans fly away??? You left your wife shopping and headed for the C/K Bay! You had a lot to live for, looked like everything was coming Your way! That's why You were sitting on the dock of C/K Bay watching the dolphins swimin away!!!! On Tuesday instead of Thursday?????
    OK enough of that!!! Love the telephoto shots and also the color!!! That new camera is working just as good or better than the old one!!! PM me next time You get a day off and maybe we can go feeshin or just skunkin around? This week is no good cause my Spousal Unit went up north for a Nephew's wedding! I was supposed to go too but she couldn't find anyone to feed the horses> again so it's me!! Maybe next week??
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    i enjoy seeing dolphin myself. thanks for sharing your fun day, no wasted time in my opinion.
  • Gator4LifeGator4Life Gainesville,FlPosts: 556 Officer
    Dolphin pic is great. Nice closeup.
    Grasshopper
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice Pics Moon!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,529 Captain
    Never wasting time when a person gets on the water....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Awesome photos.
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Great shots Moon, we all always enjoy your posts. I need to contribute more to our forum, I promised last year that I would and haven't followed through. Shame on me
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    Great shots Moon, we all always enjoy your posts. I need to contribute more to our forum, I promised last year that I would and haven't followed through. Shame on me

there is something to be said for fishing and associating with real live people eyeball to eyeball too, although it is fun to type here.