Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bait near Mathesson?

Hello all,

Just moved to a new area (near the Falls/Palmetto Bay) so it looks like I will be dropping the boat out at Mathesson most of the time. Im trying to find a place near the marina where I can get live shrimp/chum/bait. Ive looked around and from what I see most places are near the Grove. Is there anyone who knows of a closer spot?

Thanks

Replies

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    marker 21 biscayne channel

• CoolisimoCoolisimo Posts: 190 Deckhand
    Welcome to the Palmetto Bay hood Phinz13!!! If you want bait, chum and live shrimp BEFORE you hit the water, try Angel at F&F Marine off US1 and like 180th street. He is a local "mom & pop" shop that has a bit of everything. Once on the water, hit the markers and work them for live bait.

Good luck!

F & F Bait & Tackle
    17846 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL
    (305) 259-0247
    Carpe Diem!
  • 101grunts101grunts Posts: 116 Deckhand
    Phinz13 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just moved to a new area (near the Falls/Palmetto Bay) so it looks like I will be dropping the boat out at Mathesson most of the time. Im trying to find a place near the marina where I can get live shrimp/chum/bait. Ive looked around and from what I see most places are near the Grove. Is there anyone who knows of a closer spot?

Thanks

There is a bait boat just outside of the hammocks marina Friday afternoon,all day Saturday and sunday until they run out of bait usually by noon.
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    lock your boat up well, install cameras, and get a big dog.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    Kendall Bait and Tackle; Dixie Hwy next to Shorty's BBQ, or marker 21.