Why I wear snake boots

We went up to the property to get ready for bow season this weekend. This involved a lot of mowing and trimming of bushes and things. Needless to say we were making animals jump around. Stumbled upon this little fella.
image.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:fishing

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,878 Captain
    Whoa, I'm thinking if that thing struck at you it could probably bite you in the face if it wanted!
  • StandOutI2StandOutI2 Posts: 544 Officer
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Whoa, I'm thinking if that thing struck at you it could probably bite you in the face if it wanted!

The kid in the picture is my height, 5'8", that snake is almost 6'. :machinegun
  • a little knotsa little knots Posts: 1,222 Officer
    Thats a big *** eastern !!!
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    :Spittingcoffee
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 803 Officer
    Holy cow, that a big one.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,948 Captain
    Nice one.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Red612Red612 Posts: 284 Deckhand
    I got some Crisco for his A--... Nice one.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Been awhile since I've seen one that big. Last one I got that size was nearly 8' and almost 19 years ago. That one met the business end of the 12ga I was carrying out looking for my dogs on the neighbors property.

Not to thread jack, but has anyone besides me noticed the lack of Indigo snakes along with the lack of overly large diamond backs?? Growing up I saw them everywhere, since moving back here @ 22 I have seen maybe 1 or 2 Indigo.
    We actually have seen plenty of indigos. About 2 years ago we had about 15-20 babies near our camp. They have since grown up and scattered but we still see a couple around camp.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    That's cool. We've got 40 or so acres of planted pines, and the neighbors are roughly 100 acres of scrub/pine/oak and we don't see them much anymore. You would think we would be thick with them, but not so much. I'm glad to know they're still around.
    We hunt on 2100 acres of mostly planted pines. On multiple occasions they've come up and watched us eat lunch lol.
  • bonebone Posts: 1,077 Officer
    Finally, a snake picture where the dude isn't holding it right in front of the camera. That is a big snake
  • Gator4LifeGator4Life Gainesville,FlPosts: 556 Officer
    That's a big one!! Had a friend kill a 4 footer and another friend killed a 5 ft. They are out and about this year for sure.
    Grasshopper