Jupiter Kings and BBi Phins with Darcizzle, 8/25 & 8/26/14

Had a pretty good fishing weekend, I actually think we did better than most. Now if that could just happen on Tourney day we'd be all set! Had planned to go out for dolphin (don't need any more kings thanks!) on Saturday but got a call to do a quick 1/2 day charter with Mike ANGLER MANAGEMENT McCormack, so it' was kite's up! He did a report too, so highlight was this good size king, about 30-35?, and I had to post this pic of Mike with his first try at the patent pending Darcizzle Twist:

Sunday we slept in a bit (630-7am) and just headed straight out. Saw some fishy area between 800 and 1000' feet and then a decent rip with a weedline, put out a ballyhoo spread (circle hook skippers on the outriggers and split nose swimmers inside those but outside the wash). Picked up any number of 18" babies and were happy to land these three decent ones which seem good size for summer mahi around here for the last two years.

We also tried a tip we learned in a Poveromo seminar to catch monster phins and wahoo, we bumped trolled a live legal phin 50' down on the downrigger for about 10 minutes before it got crushed. Probably a shark, but maybe a wahoo? Don't think even a large phin would do this.

Best of luck out there!

Replies

• ScottRScottR Posts: 976 Officer
    Nice catch.

But please tell Mike a correct 'twist' pic is slapping a sticker on your butt and exclaiming LIKE MY PAGE!! :banana:grin
    USCG Licensed Captain, 100T Masters, STCW/BST, PADI Rescue Diver
    Offshore Fishing/Diving & Charter Services, Bahamas/Caribbean Travel, Deliveries, Maintenance/Refits
    [email protected]
    www.runyourboat.com
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,316 Captain
    ScottR wrote: »
    Nice catch.

But please tell Mike a correct 'twist' pic is slapping a sticker on your butt and exclaiming LIKE MY PAGE!! :banana:grin

LOL, Ryals if anyone wanted to see your butt, your *** would have so many stickers on it, it would look like it was running in the next Daytona 500!
  • BarracudaBarracuda Posts: 767 Officer
    Nice weekend, we only got out Saturday morning and only got a few trash fish..and lost one smoking run when I had a terminal tackle failure.... That phin got crushed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bonebone Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Looks like whatever it was just missed those stinger hooks. nice pics and fish.
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Great weekend. Congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • ScottRScottR Posts: 976 Officer
    brianb wrote: »
    LOL, Ryals if anyone wanted to see your butt, your *** would have so many stickers on it, it would look like it was running in the next Daytona 500!

:Spittingcoffee
    USCG Licensed Captain, 100T Masters, STCW/BST, PADI Rescue Diver
    Offshore Fishing/Diving & Charter Services, Bahamas/Caribbean Travel, Deliveries, Maintenance/Refits
    [email protected]
    www.runyourboat.com
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    But does mike have the hair flip down?? Looks like a shark bite to me but as you well know, all lost fish are giant wahoo
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 939 Officer
    Nice feesh! And I'm with Doug, giant hoo for sure... ahem... i mean fo ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • No LimitsNo Limits Posts: 113 Deckhand
    Great catch! Always put a stinger in the tail>..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Evans Escape
    Stamas Marine
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,316 Captain
    ScottR, I must admit that was a funny one by me...had to think for a bit of a good retort to keep ahead of your lightning wit. :)

Yea, prob a shark; I did not have any rigs ready with a stinger like 20" down!

Thanks all, fo shurizzle
  • snookslayer47snookslayer47 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Definitely small sharks. They're trouble when you have a big bait out. It was my friends foot two weeks ago instead of a nice fresh dolphin. They just want to chase and feed hungry or not. Fun day though. We'll done.
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 729 Officer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Nice dolphin. What ever hit the one you were trolling must like guts instead of meat. Yummy. lol
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,842 Captain
    Captain Mike looks like spiderman about to blow a web out his zzz! Funny, nice catching too...
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com