palatka shrimp ?

can't stand the scallop crowd on the west side. any shrimp in the Palatka area ?

Replies

• creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 594 Officer
    There should be some but they are small. We are catching plenty around the shands bridge area and there are plenty at doctor's inlet so they are probably up river further as well. If you are looking for eating shrimp though, you should give it another couple of weeks and hope it stays on the dry side. Very few of any size at all right now.
  • gotcha againgotcha again Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    thanks, started shrimping there this time last year had a blast. thousands of boats over here **** scallop grounds not to mention the calamity at the boat ramps.
  • littlebrownpeachlittlebrownpeach Posts: 39 Deckhand
    #1 Reason to stick to shrimping instead of scalloping
  • T-DaddyT-Daddy Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Awesome pic with the hammerhead!
  • Floridaskiff24Floridaskiff24 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Drove over the Palatka bridge yesterday one guy looked to be shrimping. Looked like he had some in his net. Southwest side of the bridge just out from the city dock I guess. The are where they hold the blue crab festival. Hope this helps.
  • The MidgeThe Midge Posts: 458 Deckhand
    I hate sharks!
  • BendingHooksBendingHooks Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Where was this pic taken?
  • liveactionliveaction Posts: 145 Deckhand
    That's a big shark! We just got back from scalloping in Steinhatchee this weekend. Lot of scallops out there right now.
  • littlebrownpeachlittlebrownpeach Posts: 39 Deckhand
    Pic was sent to me from a buddy of mine that fishes Keaton Beach and Steinhatchee a lot. It was sent to him from a local down there. Don't know who originally snapped it but that would send me to the shoreline in a hurry.
  • gotcha againgotcha again Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    thanks ,good enough , scalloped sat. in crystal river to Homosassa 4 hours and 50 scallops, still hundreds of boats. I'll be shrimping this weekend even though there is a good snook bite going on.
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,853 Captain
    I saw about 7 or 8 foot bull shark cruising the grass flats in Cedar Key recently. They're out there, just try not to think about it :)