Bloomberg anti-gun ad backfires

cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
EW YORK (MYFOXNY) - A new public service announcement released by an anti-gun group created by former Mayor Michael Bloomberg has gone viral. Part of the attention drawn to the video is the mixed message, some say, it is drumming up.
The video by Everytown for Gun Safety is intended to show the dangers of guns in the hands of domestic abusers, but the victim, a woman, is seen helpless because she has no gun to protect herself.

The woman is home alone with her child and calls 911 after her ex-husband breaks into the house.

“Please! My son is here. You need to come now," says the woman. The man then picks up the child, says he’s taking him and then points a gun at the woman as he opens fire.

Bloomberg has been a heavy critic of what he calls "lax" gun laws across the country. Everytown for Gun Safety wants to encourage people to contact their legislators about the need for tougher gun laws. It just might send people to the gun store instead.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/26149528/bloomberg-anti-gun-ad-drawing-attention

:rotflmao
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Replies

• White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    Yeah, that compares to Chicago.......idiots
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    I like this one....
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    Interesting how Victims in movies never have a gun.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    White Dog wrote: »
    Yeah, that compares to Chicago.......idiots

No one cares about gang violence in Chicago. Get frickenfrack Chicago out of your pea brain and out of the discussion.

This is about background checks and preventing people who have restraining orders against them from buying a gun. Most victims of gun violence KNOW their killer/shooter.

This is about enhanced background checks. What's wrong with that?
    Interesting how Victims in movies never have a gun.

Not interesting at all considering MOST people don't own guns.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    phlatsphil wrote: »

This is about background checks and preventing people who have restraining orders against them from buying a gun. Most victims of gun violence KNOW their killer/shooter.

Phil in fantasyland you would be correct. But in the real world many TRO's are just a ploy used by lawyers in divorce proceedings. I will grant you there are a lot of idiots out there who do beat their wives and those idiot wives/GF keep who coming back. But because it's used as a cheap legal trick a TRO doesn't hold much value in determining who should have a gun.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • trussmantrussman Posts: 757 Officer
    Not interesting at all considering MOST people don't own guns.

I'd love to see your source on that. MOST people don't own guns? I know VERY VERY few people who don't own guns.

Background checks aren't going to stop someone from obtaining a gun to kill someone. If they're set on killing and can't get a gun from a legal dealer, they're going to get one illegally. Do you really believe someone who's intent on killing someone is really worried about LEGALLY obtaining a gun? You gun control advocates don't realize that these measure will have ZERO impact on gun violence! The people committing these atrocities don't give a flying-phuk about gun laws or any other law, hell they don't don't respect the sanctity of life, much less some stupid legislation some panty-waist liberal dolt passes.

When you gun control cheerleaders finally grasp that, maybe we can move past the discussion of increased gun control and focus on the real problem, which is the break down of people's morals and their lack of respect for life. Sheesh!
    :huh
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,492 Officer
    Why don't conservatives realize it's better to be beaten to death with _____ by your abusive x than to be shot sheeeeesh.
    rent my beach house
    trussman wrote: »
    I'd love to see your source on that. MOST people don't own guns? I know VERY VERY few people who don't own guns.

Wow, a sample of one questions MOST.

There are approximately 300 million people in the US, 22% of whom are children aged 0-17. That's about 66 million children, which leaves approximately 234 million adults who could be gun owners. "Some" estimates say 39% to 50% of US households have guns in them.... households, not people. Households aren't people... well not yet, the SCOTUS hasn't had an opportunity to classify a household as a person yet. Nevertheless, whether people or households are being counted, my 3rd grade math says MOST means more than 50% DON'T have guns in the households.

Use google, you'll find all the sources you want.
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    No one cares about gang violence in Chicago. Get frickenfrack Chicago out of your pea brain and out of the discussion.

Well you little, to use your words, pea brain, my point was the percentage of that scenario happening compared to what's happening in the cities is miniscule. You on the left love to lump it all together to get the numbers up but when a comparison is brought forward you say crap like this "No one cares about gang violence in Chicago."
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • trussmantrussman Posts: 757 Officer
    Use google, you'll find all the sources you want.

Look wiseazz, you made the statement, I asked for a source! That's how it works around here, cite your source!
    :huh
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,830 Captain
    Why don't conservatives realize it's better to be beaten to death with _____ by your abusive x than to be shot sheeeeesh.
    Or to be shot by someone blatantly violating a restraining order rather than to merely be shot. There's a very subtle, but somehow important, difference.