Skip to main content
Home Politics

Israel

Replies

• SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Banned Posts: 17,248 Officer
    How did the Zionists acquire the land that is modern day Israel?

A gift from the UN out of Pity. Imagine if 100K americans were carted up and hauled off . . pretty sure the additional 11,999,000 targeted would find a few guns and a few barriers and stand up for themselves.
    tag wrote: »
    Jews were there long before Israel and muslims

They were? So were the Romans and Egyptians . . so perhaps Italy and Egypt should get the land.
  • SAENoleSAENole Senior Member FloridaPosts: 11,477 AG
    I always thought the NFL should recruit quarterbacks out of the Palestinian territory.

Have you seen the way some of those guys can chunk stones and molotov cocktails?
    Warning Level 2
    SAENole wrote: »
    I always thought the NFL should recruit quarterbacks out of the Palestinian territory.

Have you seen the way some of those guys can chunk stones and molotov cocktails?

Unfortunately the Jew's won't allow them to leave.
    I'd stop asking for it

Great, I'll be over shortly to take possession of your home and all your assets. We'll find you some nice public housing in Dunbar to raise your family in.
  • White DogWhite Dog Senior Member Posts: 5,343 Officer
    Cyclist wrote: »
    The real reason for the conflict. Don't occupy me bro!

“Occupation” is a legal designation of an international nature. Israel’s occupation of Gaza continues to the present day because (a) Israel continues to exercise “effective control” over this area, (b) the conflict that produced the occupation has not ended, and (c) an occupying state cannot unilaterally (and without international/diplomatic agreement) transform the international status of occupied territory except, perhaps, if that unilateral action terminates all manner of effective control.

Terrorist sympathizer......nothing else explains it.
    Answer this, it's a yes or no....none of your ilk has bothered.....If hamas stopped shooting rockets, would Israel Have had to go into gaza?
    Yes or no?
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • stsimonsstsimons Senior Member Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Good luck White Dog, I've asked the same question and it they won't answer it.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Senior Member OrlandoPosts: 10,466 AG
    Stupid question, and you know why.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • stsimonsstsimons Senior Member Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Stupid question, and you know why.

and…. another lib bites the dust. :grin

Oh wait… I would also like to know who stores their rockets in schools and who digs tunnels for suicide bombers and kidnappers.

This isn't "rocket science" or anything. Why is it so hard for liberals to face the truth.
  • ac2020ac2020 Senior Member Posts: 5,730 Officer
    Maybe if the Palestinians would play nice the Israelis would stop killing them.

More right-wing propaganda as I have proven in the "80%" thread.

Israel is a terrorist state that has slaughtered over 800 innocent Palestinians and over 150 children this month alone.

They are worse than Hamas (which is evil).

We don't fund Hamas - and we shouldn't be funding Israel.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Senior Member Posts: 4,736 Captain
    Because they know someone's got their back.

Whom is that?
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Senior Member Posts: 4,736 Captain
    ac2020 wrote: »

Israel is a terrorist state that has slaughtered over 800 innocent Palestinians and over 150 children this month alone.

Good luck with that theory.
    So how many children have died building the tunnels for Hamas?
  • ac2020ac2020 Senior Member Posts: 5,730 Officer
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    Good luck with that theory.
    So how many children have died building the tunnels for Hamas?

Not sure. Tell me.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
    White Dog wrote: »
    Terrorist sympathizer......nothing else explains it.
    Answer this, it's a yes or no....none of your ilk has bothered.....If hamas stopped shooting rockets, would Israel Have had to go into gaza?
    Yes or no?

Yes.
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Senior Member Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Actually cycle boy and a few of the other posters do have a valid point, although they are not very good at expressing their opine. Just a few days ago I would have said they deserve it kill em.

But then I researched it a little, Gaza is essentially an open air prison. If you are born in Gaza, there is NO WAY TO LEAVE. Why Israel will not let them leave is beyond me, I'm talking the normal ones. Sheet even if you built a little boat with a small sail hoping to get to Cypress or something, the IDF Navy will kill you for trying to ESCAPE :banghead

The UN really should set up some type of Exodus plan for those that want to get the F out of there at any cost.
    Ignorance must be bliss. What would be your reaction if another government came into your town and forced all of you and your neighbors to move to a county in Oklahoma. they give you no money for your home and put you up in horrible housing. They then seal off your borders and only allow certain products to enter into your county. Now keep in mind you have over a million people living in said county. As such you have no way to create goods and services because you are not allowed to export. Even if you could you cannot get raw materials to build anything. Your unemployment is at 80%, you have little to no infrastructure, and the very people that put you in this position have the hearts and minds of a large portion of the worlds strength. Now imagine that the country that put you there has destroyed your only hospital, your only school and your only power plant.

So what do you think . . still wanna play nice?

But then I researched it a little, Gaza is essentially an open air prison. If you are born in Gaza, there is NO WAY TO LEAVE. Why Israel will not let them leave is beyond me, I'm talking the normal ones. Sheet even if you built a little boat with a small sail hoping to get to Cypress or something, the IDF Navy will kill you for trying to ESCAPE :banghead

I did a pretty good job.
  • chubascochubasco Senior Member voice of enlightenment in a sea of idiotsPosts: 18,386 AG
    Actually cycle boy and a few of the other posters do have a valid point, although they are not very good at expressing their opine. Just a few days ago I would have said they deserve it kill em.

The UN really should set up some type of Exodus plan for those that want to get the F out of there at any cost.

In 1972, general exit orders were issued allowing residents of the Occupied Territories to freely leave, and travel between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Palestinians were also allowed to travel to Israel; this order applied to East Jerusalem, annexed to Israel but internationally recognized as occupied Palestinian territory. Palestinians were not allowed to be in Israel between 1.00 and 5.00 a.m. These exit orders were restricted for the first time in June 1989, shortly after the First Intifada broke out.[2]

In 1991, during the Gulf War, the general exit orders were revoked and a new policy requiring each resident to obtain a personal exit permit to enter Israel was enacted. At first, most Palestinians could continue to enter Israel routinely since Israel issued many permits for relatively long periods. Gradually, however, Israel's permit policy became more and more strict.

The overall closure policy was imposed as an administrative measure by Israel for the first time in March 1993, as a result of the killing of nine Israeli civilians and six security forces personnel by Palestinian residents of the Occupied Territories. It has become a regular feature of Palestinian life influencing freedom of movement and the Palestinian economy. Israel claimed the closures provide security for Israelis and curtail Palestinian political violence. Amal Jamal, professor of political science at Tel Aviv University says that the policy was used as "a political weapon to force Palestinians into accepting short-term economic improvements over long-term territorial and political solutions."[14]

In September 2000, the Second Intifada began, triggering Israeli closures and restrictions on Palestinian movement. In 2005, Israelis of the Gush Katif Israeli settlements were evacuated as part of Israel's unilateral disengagement plan. In 2007, Hamas took over the Gaza Strip, after which Israel and Egypt largely sealed their borders. Israel further tightened its blockade after Hamas began firing rockets into Israel. According to B'tselem, the Gaza Strip has been blockaded since 2007, restricting the movement of inhabitants into Israel and to other parts of the Palestinian territories.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_freedom_of_movement

So if the Israeli's lock down their border with Gaza for obvious safety reasons WHY do you think the Egyptians locked down their border. That being said, how do you think the thousands of missiles that have been fired at Israel from Gaza go there in the first place?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Senior Member Posts: 3,852 Officer
    chubasco wrote: »
    According to B'tselem, the Gaza Strip has been blockaded since 2007, restricting the movement of inhabitants into Israel and to other parts of the Palestinian territories AND THE ENTIRE WORLD.[2]

THATS THE PROBLEM
  • snippersnipper Banned Hallandale, FLPosts: 524 Officer
    The real reason for the conflict. Don't occupy me bro!

“Occupation” is a legal designation of an international nature. Israel’s occupation of Gaza continues to the present day because (a) Israel continues to exercise “effective control” over this area, (b) the conflict that produced the occupation has not ended, and (c) an occupying state cannot unilaterally (and without international/diplomatic agreement) transform the international status of occupied territory except, perhaps, if that unilateral action terminates all manner of effective control.
    You do realize that Gaza has been under Jordanian/Palestinian control since 2005. The level of ignorance regarding the middle east conflict is epic
    In 1948 they seized (with UN help of course) Palestinian territory.
    That is what we are dealing with today. Not the Biblical nonsense
    or the Isaac/Ishmael thing. It's about the taking of land.
    Palestine is a British term for an area they controlled in the middle east. Its not a group of people. Maybe read a book
    If YOU were occupying their street and preventing food, supplies, etc from entering their street, would you blame them?

You can't crush a people with an occupying force and then expect them to sit back and take it. Not to mention killing all the kids in the occupied territory. The Israelis say Hamas is putting fighters in civilian areas but when you have almost 2 million people in a TINY occupied area, where in the hell are they supposed to be?
    You reap what you sew. Arafat said the biggest tool the Jordanians have in fighting the Israelis was to have as many children as possible, hence a bunch of people living in a relatively small place.
    They are trying. Starting with infants and kids.

If this is their intention they're not doing a very good job of it

they're allowed to go wherever they'd like, just not Israel. Its called border control which we could learn a thing or two from

we do fund hamas and we do fund israel
    lots of redneck ignorance i see
  • chubascochubasco Senior Member voice of enlightenment in a sea of idiotsPosts: 18,386 AG
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichardson

In 1948 they seized (with UN help of course) Palestinian territory.
    That is what we are dealing with today. Not the Biblical nonsense
    or the Isaac/Ishmael thing. It's about the taking of land.

"Seized" from who. The "Palestinian territory" was British since the end of WWI when the British seized it from the Ottoman Empire after they were on the losing side of the war (the name for the area given to it by the British was the Palestinian territory). The Balfour Declaration in 1917 set forth the British plan to divide this area and establish a two states in this area, one Jewish and one Arab. The UN followed through in 1947.

Should the are be given back to the Turks who owned it since the late 1600's or should it go back to the group that owned it before the Turks?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • bullgatorbullgator Senior Member Posts: 1,940 Officer

More of your "truth"? We give the Palestinians around $500 million dollars every year.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22967.pdf
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Senior Member OrlandoPosts: 10,466 AG
    What does being a liberal have to do with one's views
    on Israel?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Banned OrlandoPosts: 5,065 Admiral
    That is BS. There is no room and with the Israel blockade and "occupation" water, food, housing is an issue. Cram that many refugees in one area and see what happens. People living on top of one another.

Gaza has an annual population growth rate of 2.91% (2014 est.), the 13th highest in the world, and is overcrowded.[4][5] There is a limited capability to construct new homes and facilities for this growth. The territory is 41 kilometers (25 mi) long, and from 6 to 12 kilometers (3.7 to 7.5 mi) wide, with a total area of 365 square kilometers (141 sq mi).[6] As of 2014, Palestinians of the Gaza Strip numbered around 1.82 million people.[5] The large Palestinian refugee population makes it among the most densely populated parts of the world.[7]

This is as more or more a crime committed by Jordan and Syria who not only have the room, but keep the people crammed in there for political pressure on Israel. Not unlike Obama's doing with the poor Central American children crammed into these buildings.

See above. The UN is 2/3 Muslim and third world dictators. This is how they do business. If Israel let "Palestinians" (a manufactured word; Israelis are Palestinians,) They would have to deal with rampant terrorism on a scale worse than rockets being launched from Gaza. Notice the stark reduction in coffee shop and pizza parlor bombings in the past few years?

It's not Israel's fault that the Muslim world has chosen the Palestinian Territory as its training ground for terror activity against Israel.
    What does being a liberal have to do with one's views
    on Israel?

Liberals are almost always, on the wrong side of every issue.
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Senior Member Barrier Island off NE FloridaPosts: 4,364 Captain
    So, giving the native people, who were there long before a European conquest, equal rights is great when it comes to South Africa and Rhodesia.

But, of course, this same policy cannot possibily to applied to Israel.

What was that practice, which denied equal rights to people of certain races, called?

Shouldn't the same term be applied to the practice of denying rights to people based upon their religion?