Israel

CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
The real reason for the conflict. Don't occupy me bro!

“Occupation” is a legal designation of an international nature. Israel’s occupation of Gaza continues to the present day because (a) Israel continues to exercise “effective control” over this area, (b) the conflict that produced the occupation has not ended, and (c) an occupying state cannot unilaterally (and without international/diplomatic agreement) transform the international status of occupied territory except, perhaps, if that unilateral action terminates all manner of effective control.
133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg

Replies

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,465 AG
    President Obama says he stands with Israel.

Don't you agree with him?
    Warning Level 2
  • tagtag Posts: 8,845 Admiral
    Maybe you ought to email this to hamas.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 8,283 Admiral
    I do not stand with Israel.
    Little pissant country starting chit and relying
    on the West to back them up.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    Bronco Bama has relied heavily on the Jewish vote as do most Democrats.

Now that he's in lame duck stage............not so much, perhaps.
    Warning Level 2
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    That " little pissant country " is sure killing 'em some jihadist.
    Because they know someone's got their back.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,327 Captain
    Perhaps in the future we can elect an president with the guts to "stand" with America, and not some foreign country.

Come to think of it, that might be a good idea for all elected officials in this country.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    frank wrote: »
    israel needs to annex gaza and the west bank and give the residents citizenship and equal access/permits to building and water

No political signature
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,797 AG
    Why?
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    I do not stand with Israel.
    Little pissant country starting chit and relying
    on the West to back them up.

What did the little pissant country start? I suppose you would be cool with the neighborhood two streets over bombing the crap out of your family, right? Not your fight, yada, yada, yada... I get you.
    When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

- Frederic Bastiat
    In 1948 they seized (with UN help of course) Palestinian territory.
    That is what we are dealing with today. Not the Biblical nonsense
    or the Isaac/Ishmael thing. It's about the taking of land.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    JBond wrote: »
    What did the little pissant country start? I suppose you would be cool with the neighborhood two streets over bombing the crap out of your family, right? Not your fight, yada, yada, yada... I get you.

If YOU were occupying their street and preventing food, supplies, etc from entering their street, would you blame them?

You can't crush a people with an occupying force and then expect them to sit back and take it. Not to mention killing all the kids in the occupied territory. The Israelis say Hamas is putting fighters in civilian areas but when you have almost 2 million people in a TINY occupied area, where in the hell are they supposed to be?
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,392 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    If YOU were occupying their street and preventing food, supplies, etc from entering their street, would you blame them?

You can't crush a people with an occupying force and then expect them to sit back and take it. Not to mention killing all the kids in the occupied territory. The Israelis say Hamas is putting fighters in civilian areas but when you have almost 2 million people in a TINY occupied area, where in the hell are they supposed to be?

So you are for forcibly removing the occupiers of the USA from the south?
    Which occupiers?
    Us Europeans? We won, not an issue.
    Or do you mean hispanics? They are winning, not an issue.

So you don't stand with President Obama......who stands with Israel?
    Warning Level 2
    Warning Level 2
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,766 Captain
    I hope Israel kills every single Palestinian!
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,766 Captain

You can't expect muslims to figure this out Bond!!
    tunaman wrote: »
    I hope Israel kills every single Palestinian!

They are trying. Starting with infants and kids.
  • ac2020ac2020 Posts: 5,730 Officer
    SAENole wrote: »
    President Obama says he stands with Israel.

Don't you agree with him?

No.

End funding immediately.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    ac2020 wrote: »
    No.

End funding immediately.

:applause
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    They are trying. Starting with infants and kids.

I guess the cowards should not hide behind children and place rockets in schools.
    When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

- Frederic Bastiat
    Maybe if the Palestinians would play nice the Israelis would stop killing them. Palestinian businesses and farms have increased ten fold since the Israelis took back their land. The Palestinians are an ignorant people who would still be living in caves and flinging their poo hadn't it been for the Jews.
    I guess the cowards should not hide behind children and place rockets in schools.

That is BS. There is no room and with the Israel blockade and "occupation" water, food, housing is an issue. Cram that many refugees in one area and see what happens. People living on top of one another.

Gaza has an annual population growth rate of 2.91% (2014 est.), the 13th highest in the world, and is overcrowded.[4][5] There is a limited capability to construct new homes and facilities for this growth. The territory is 41 kilometers (25 mi) long, and from 6 to 12 kilometers (3.7 to 7.5 mi) wide, with a total area of 365 square kilometers (141 sq mi).[6] As of 2014, Palestinians of the Gaza Strip numbered around 1.82 million people.[5] The large Palestinian refugee population makes it among the most densely populated parts of the world.[7]
    tag wrote: »
    Maybe if the Palestinians would play nice the Israelis would stop killing them. Palestinian businesses and farms have increased ten fold since the Israelis took back their land. The Palestinians are an ignorant people who would still be living in caves and flinging their poo hadn't it been for the Jews.

Like take the Israeli occupation and blockades with a smile? Good thing our forefathers didn't do that.

Actually influences from the Palestinian people are found throughout the world. An ancient peoples who has contributed much to the world. But what would amerikan radicals know about culture.

Cultural contributions to the fields of art, literature, music, costume and cuisine express the characteristics of the Palestinian experience and show signs of common origin despite the geographical separation between the Palestinian territories, Israel and the diaspora.[188][189][190]
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer

How did the Zionists acquire the land that is modern day Israel?
    Like take the Israeli occupation and blockades with a smile? Good thing our forefathers didn't do that.

Actually influences from the Palestinian people are found throughout the world. An ancient peoples who has contributed much to the world. But what would amerikan radicals know about culture.

Cultural contributions to the fields of art, literature, music, costume and cuisine express the characteristics of the Palestinian experience and show signs of common origin despite the geographical separation between the Palestinian territories, Israel and the diaspora.[188][189][190]

Wikipedia cut n paste failure
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer

Ignorance must be bliss. What would be your reaction if another government came into your town and forced all of you and your neighbors to move to a county in Oklahoma. they give you no money for your home and put you up in horrible housing. They then seal off your borders and only allow certain products to enter into your county. Now keep in mind you have over a million people living in said county. As such you have no way to create goods and services because you are not allowed to export. Even if you could you cannot get raw materials to build anything. Your unemployment is at 80%, you have little to no infrastructure, and the very people that put you in this position have the hearts and minds of a large portion of the worlds strength. Now imagine that the country that put you there has destroyed your only hospital, your only school and your only power plant.

So what do you think . . still wanna play nice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    How did the Zionists acquire the land that is modern day Israel?

Jews were there long before Israel and muslims
    Ignorance must be bliss. What would be your reaction if another government came into your town and forced all of you and your neighbors to move to a county in Oklahoma. they give you no money for your home and put you up in horrible housing. They then seal off your borders and only allow certain products to enter into your county. Now keep in mind you have over a million people living in said county. As such you have no way to create goods and services because you are not allowed to export. Even if you could you cannot get raw materials to build anything. Your unemployment is at 80%, you have little to no infrastructure, and the very people that put you in this position have the hearts and minds of a large portion of the worlds strength. Now imagine that the country that put you there has destroyed your only hospital, your only school and your only power plant.

So what do you think . . still wanna play nice?

I'd stop asking for it