Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

June and July fishing

Been having some pretty good trips lately. Lots of fish being caught out there.

Trout have been plentiful, with lots of smaller fish and some slobs in the mix as well. Popping corks and live shrimp or a scented plastic will do the trick. Look around the grasses and points out front, but my bigger fish are actually coming from the back off the bars
6a6uhu4y.jpga2upuqa9.jpguve6a2us.jpg
Snook bite has been strong, on both live and Artie's. Typically on my trips where time is an issue, I just get handpicks from Capt Brandon at Everglades bait and get to fishing faster. Big shrimp free lined in the current around points and timber are hard for a snook to resist.
sezubyqu.jpgsemaqy9y.jpgy8uqe9a3.jpg
No redfish for me lately worth reporting on. But the snapper bite has been crazy. Big fish that don't even need measuring are more the norm then undersize. Personally I think these are fine eaters and catch these for my supper when we want a fresh fish dinner.
pe5epenu.jpgsynaga9a.jpgujuga5ej.jpg
After that it's the usual suspects, lots of permit out there if you can get them by the sharks. Did snap a good picture of a slot pompano and small permit to show the difference.yzuryma4.jpg
The bull sharks often have cobia running with them. But reel fast or you'll only have a head left. buve5ype.jpg4amemyvu.jpg6eta8a5a.jpgsu3u5y7u.jpg3yqaqymu.jpg
See y'all out there
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies