STOLEN GEAR

So i left my rod/reels out on the patio to dry after rinsing yesterday and some scumbag stole them last night. Total of 8 were taken. 2 penn 330gti's/penn special boat rods. 1 penn 320 gt2/star aerial rod, 2 penn battle 6000's/outer banks rods.1 Shimano Tiagra 30 tw/power stick, 1 garcia record/ugly stick, 1 garcia 5500/allstar. If anyone comes across any of them please pm me. Atlantic and Kearnan area. Thanks

Replies

• Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,306 Captain
    ****...that sucks! Keep an eye out craigslist. If I see anything, I will let ya know.
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,776 Captain
    Watch Craigslist like mentioned above. Also keep an eye on Ebay and your local Pawn Shops. Sorry you got ripped off :( Nothing lower than a thief. Hate hearing stuff like this.
  • JUST WRIGHTJUST WRIGHT Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Filing a police report today so i will have some paperwork if they turn up. We are heading to the keys Friday for a week so Ive gotta replace at least my spinning gear before then...
  • HuntressJaxHuntressJax Posts: 696 Officer
    Filing a police report today so i will have some paperwork if they turn up. We are heading to the keys Friday for a week so Ive gotta replace at least my spinning gear before then...
    Let me know if you want to borrow a couple...
  • kajokajo Posts: 4,619 Moderator
    Yea post up what gear ya need

You are welcome to anything I have to borrow
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com
    Thankfully it wasnt all of my gear just mainly the bottom fishing rods. I appreciate the offers tho!
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Officer
    Got any pics of the missing gear?
  • dlagatordlagator Posts: 790 Officer

Not to throw your thread off...but we're headed to Islamorada for the week on Saturday. Looking like the dolphin fishing is getting pretty good...
  • jacqueojacqueo Posts: 1,270 Officer
    THAT SUCKS. I hate to hear about things like this. Scumbags. :(
    Yes, as a matter of fact I DO fish... like a girl. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dilligaf84dilligaf84 Posts: 875 Officer
    Ughhh, that blows. Maybe some awesome keys fishing will ease the pain.
    dlagator wrote: »
    Not to throw your thread off...but we're headed to Islamorada for the week on Saturday. Looking like the dolphin fishing is getting pretty good...

We are staying in Marathon at KCB planning to yellowtail and mutton fish Sunday, head to the stream/ humps Monday, scout for lobster Tuesday then lobster the rest of the week. Maybe the mahi bite will be good!
  • dlagatordlagator Posts: 790 Officer
    We are staying in Marathon at KCB planning to yellowtail and mutton fish Sunday, head to the stream/ humps Monday, scout for lobster Tuesday then lobster the rest of the week. Maybe the mahi bite will be good!

Exact same plan we have...Good luck to you!
    dlagator wrote: »
    Exact same plan we have...Good luck to you!

Thanks same to you!
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,401 Captain
    If there is anyway possible to get the serial numbers, even through the merchants records that you bought them from, then do so. Pawn shops are required to enter any serial number into a database that hits up against the police reports. That's the only way my sons bike was recovered, and the thief went to jail (yes over a stolen bike and false statements to a pawn shop) I was surprised that the pawn shop didnt make a "typo" on items they think are stolen, but they did enter the right number, and that's how it was recovered. The detective I spoke to said they monitor the pawn shops so they are pretty good about complying and entering the correct serial number. They prob know that most people wont be able to report them either.
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    Got any pics of the missing gear?
    Man I sure wish I did now...
    Mark O. wrote: »
    If there is anyway possible to get the serial numbers, even through the merchants records that you bought them from, then do so. Pawn shops are required to enter any serial number into a database that hits up against the police reports. That's the only way my sons bike was recovered, and the thief went to jail (yes over a stolen bike and false statements to a pawn shop) I was surprised that the pawn shop didnt make a "typo" on items they think are stolen, but they did enter the right number, and that's how it was recovered. The detective I spoke to said they monitor the pawn shops so they are pretty good about complying and entering the correct serial number. They prob know that most people wont be able to report them either.

The only one that had a serial# was the Tiagra 30 but I don't know what it was. I just filed the police report and the detective said the same thing about running the pawn database every couple of days to look for matches in serials and descriptions. Maybe they will turn up but its going to be a long shot...
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    I had some items stolen from my house not too long ago and the police work involved from the get-go was not anything that inspired confidence. I basically got lucky enough to later catch the guy myself and report him to them. I'm sure they had better things to do.

Try using this site in case the dumbasses who stole it are smart enough to not post locally:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Good luck man.
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Officer
    Man I sure wish I did now...

I ask because my brother had his rods, reels and tackle box stolen down in WPB. He happened to have pics of them because after one of his trips, he stood them against the wall and sprayed them off. He then took pics of his catch in the same area and inadvertently the combos were in the catch pic. He cropped them, blew them up, made flyers out of them with only "STOLEN"& his number on them, handed them out to all the pawn, consignment, second hand stores and flea markets he could find. Three days later he got a call from a pawn shop owner that had already called the police and had the guy locked up... Since that incident, I've got pictures of mine just in case.
  • CaptnathanstuartCaptnathanstuart Posts: 689 Officer
    I live near atlantic and kernan in Indian springs. check the local pawn shops yourself.. value pawn at atlantic and mayport, small shop across from our seafood kitchen next to flys tie...these people stealing this stuff are the people you see on the news at the pill mills. they need an immediate dollar. type in your address, turn location services on your phone, and google pawn shops...youll find emm. id almost guarantee it. have had the same ordeal, I got my own stuff back and the thieves went to jail.. don't wait on the police. all that stuff is worth a little elbow grease. these pawn shops are insured and most are corporate. they wouldnt risk the whole business to lie to you. sooner you get on the phone the better. if you don't have any results wait a week and repeat. then wait 2 weeks and repeat. the chances these guys are hardcore fishermen is very very low. they have to dump it at some point. ebay craigs list pawn shops. if you want it back you can probably get it back. good luck bud......I think thieves are the same as murders....fry emm
    Thanks for all the tips and advice! We just got back from the keys so the hunt will begin tomorrow!
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 983 Officer
    For your gear you got left, I bought a $12 engraving tool and wrote my name or initials on the rod and the reels (on the more expensive graphite bodied 50 wides (2 speeds). When I had some tools stolen, I was told I couldn't get my tools back, even if I found them in the pawn shop....unless they had some indentifiable markings. So, I wrote markings on all of mine. It isn't as good as a serial number, but it is better than nothing. If I find them, I have a shot of getting them back!
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com