Big Jack took me for a ride.

While fishing Pompano on Sunday, I came across a school of fish on the ff. As I cruised around it, my goggle eye was taken off the surface. The first 3 minutes of video was off me watching the line peel off my reel. The fish never gave me a chance to crank. After trying to chase it down, it slowed down where I was able to gain my line back. Now it was taking me for a ride! Pulling me south which was a big help since I drifted north. FINALLY, I was able to get it to the surface. The Jack was 37.5 inches. I couldn't revive it, so It was donated to a friend for shark bait. Here's the video.

http://youtu.be/eLdoVGo_KwM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
- Helio Gracie

Links:
YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale

Replies

• PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    Beast jack.. Nice work.
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    wow, that's a big jack!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Captain Yak: Hope you dont mind me asking where you get your gogs from in Pompano Beach? I'd like to start using them more often but I don't have a good source here.

Nice Jack btw!
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    Definitely don't mind. I buy them at Taha Marine Center. It's on the northeast side of the bridge on Atlantic. They are $7 each. They've also got live pilchard and frozen bait. I go on Sundays and they are always open when I get there at 5:30.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Captin Yak: Thank you & keep up the great work with the videos!
  • G10pastoreG10pastore Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Awesome Cap ... I also had a free ride this weekend from my first landed King - was push'n 50 lbs. Do you happen to know Tim from Jupiter area? Not sure of his member name..... I caught this lady out of Briny Breezes ...
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    G10pastore wrote: »
    Awesome Cap ... I also had a free ride this weekend from my first landed King - was push'n 50 lbs. Do you happen to know Tim from Jupiter area? Not sure of his member name..... I caught this lady out of Briny Breezes ...

Thanks! Sorry don't know Tim. I mainly fish Pompano and occasionally Dania Beach. I'd like to go north one of these days. Congrats on your first king!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Beast Jack!! Must have been a fun fight. Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 537 Officer
    Nice jack.
    2014 Hobie PA14-Dune
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 826 Officer
    Got hammered by those big jacks on the Delray wrecks. Thought I had a decent AJ at first, because it would dive straight down. After the third one, I decided to save my gear and move on...
    Nice King G10!

It was nice meeting you and Alex, now smoke that Big Dog!:hungry
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Jacks always give you a great fight. Nice fish.
  • shallow water assassinshallow water assassin Posts: 389 Officer
    Nice catch man. Jacks that size are a trophy for sure
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Arm Bruiser Jack! You may have to rebuild your reel after that bad boy. LOL.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.