Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

Rousseau open tournament 7-26-2014 A win !

capt louiecapt louie Moderatorcitrus countyPosts: 10,881 Moderator
Had a friend call wanting to fish a tournament and due to him finding one of the notorious stumps there, his boat was down. He said he was on good fish and we just missed a win last time we fished together. I had a win the following week there fishing my club tournament. I figured we had a good chance so, yeah , no problem.

Got to the first stop he recommended and on the 3rd cast he stuck a good one.

Cliffsbigbass7-26-2014_zpsfaaa3ed1.jpg

8.66 and ended up taking the big bass pot $$.
Sweet , lets add some more ! Worked the area and added a 2lb to the well and I caught a 5+ to help.
Fishing was slow but we were able to cull twice and threw a bunch of 2's back. I lost a big one flipping I never turned but it didn't matter. Our 21.62 final weight took it with 18lbs being second and 16lbs 3rd.

Water temp was 91 and it was hot as blazes out there. Worms did the trick and got a few on topwater baits that didn't make the well.

Later , capt louie
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• FishaHallicFishaHallic Senior Member Posts: 660 Officer
    Sounds like a great day on the water and some quality fish to boot. Nice bass and nice win
  • GotBass?GotBass? Senior Member Posts: 202 Deckhand
    Nice fish! Thanks for the report..
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici Senior Member NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 8,384 Admiral
    Congrats Louie, you spent some time to warm up the engine but now you're going so fast.
    Next time I'll come to Florida (probably ten years again :cry) I'll come to visit your place.
    I dislike bassfishing tournaments here in Italy because they are true sissies (more interested in fashioned apparels than fishing), they don't have any respect for the rest of world and even because largemouth isn't native here (and IMHO we should invest the few money we have to preserve our native and valuable species instead than waste them for tournaments), but I'm so curious to met largemouth at his home and fishing it with people who knows this fish for true tradition.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    Not my blame if you do something that matches what I don't like.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Senior Member Posts: 1,074 Officer
  • capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,881 Moderator
    Bring it Ballak, and I'll show you the un-**** side of bass fishing. :cool:

We have great saltwater fishing here also :wink
  • ER Doc 7ER Doc 7 Senior Member Port Saint Lucie, FLPosts: 153 Officer
    What a great day. That is a pig.
  • ER Doc 7ER Doc 7 Senior Member Port Saint Lucie, FLPosts: 153 Officer
    By the way, I miss fishing lakes with stumps in them. Seems like all our canals and small lakes here in St. Lucie have no stumps at all.
    ER Doc 7 wrote: »
    By the way, I miss fishing lakes with stumps in them. Seems like all our canals and small lakes here in St. Lucie have no stumps at all.

Not many in Florida. Talquin, Seminole, Rousseau , Rodman and I guess stick marsh ?
  • JettyparkJettypark Senior Member Central FlPosts: 1,972 Captain
    Great job on that win.... it always feel good to have everything come together!!
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • huntentailshuntentails Senior Member Homosassa FL & N.E. MissouriPosts: 1,699 Captain
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Senior Member Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,849 Captain
    You are definitely Capt. Bighead Bass!!! Nice going winning and not wrecking the boat!! Ever since you took me fishin there I've wanted to go back but I think I'll wait for the Fall cool down cause when the water is 91 and the air temp and humidity are both hovering around the century mark, it's just too dadgum hot fer me!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • TimbaTimba Senior Member Posts: 225 Deckhand
    Congrats Capt. Thats a hawg for sure...
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinquish one man from another.":thumbsup:USA
    Timba wrote: »
    Congrats Capt. Thats a hawg for sure...

Thanks. Fished my club tournament last Sunday and won with a 10lb limit. Goes to show sometimes they just don't bite :shrug