Home Egret Boats

Boating Tips & Tricks: Egret Edition

HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
With the vast boating prowess we have on this forum I thought it would be cool to post boating tips and tricks we have learned that can be applied to our Egrets.

For example, one trick I picked up is the use of a volume water gun in lieu of a raw water wash. See pic below. The raw water pumps do not give very good pressure, and they are one more thing to break and maintain on the boat. I started using these water guns to wash down blood, debris, dirt, or fish crap and they work great.

What remarkable things have you guys picked up over the years that you would like to share?

Replies

• Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Five gallon bucket works pretty good as well.
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
  • Amurleopard1967Amurleopard1967 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Five gallon bucket works pretty good as well.
    Every trip I carry a bucket with me and always wash blood, mud and weeds away, it works great.
  • Bad behaviorBad behavior Posts: 1,162 Officer
    Every trip I carry a bucket with me and always wash blood, mud and weeds away, it works great.

Yes... Great cleaning action comes from sheeting water out of a five gallon bucket swiftly across the deck. I will say that awl grip on my bird is a little rough on the big toe when I put it into scrub mode!!
    Need a little time off...For Bad Behavior....

2014 Egret 2011 /Yamaha 250 SHO - sold
    2019 Pathfinder 2500 hybrid 350 Verado
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    A soft bristle brush with a adjustable length handle from Star-Brite. It fit's in the rod locker and when the inside of you boat looks like a murder sceen. A 5 gallon bucket and that brush get's ride of all the evidence. Tight Lines...Pete